CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Windshield Washer Pump Replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 11:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'02 CLK55 and Hummer H2
Windshield Washer Pump Replacement

Hello Everyone..I've been a member for quite some time and I always read and search the site but I rarely have a reason to post because I find answers to my questions in the archives. Well, I finally have a question I couldn't find an answer to in the archives.

I need to replace the Windshield Washer Pump on my '01 CLK430. I have read that the replacement is not difficult and should take less than 1/2 an hour.

Does anyone know the part number for the Windshield Washer Pump or can you direct me to a site to order it? Also, since I have headlight washers, are there 2 pumps? I ask this because my headlight washers work fine but my dealer told me I needed a new pump? They also told me it would cost me $360 for them to replace it. Once I read on here that the part was approx. $25 I decided I would try and do it myself.

I already checked the fuses and the hose and nozzles to make sure they were not clogged and I can't hear the pump so I am guessing it is burned out.

Once I get the part ordered does anyone have steps on the install or can someone tell me if this is as easy as it sounds. From what I have read, I remove the washer reservoir and the pump is located next to or under it. Is this correct and is it easy to do?

Thanks and any help is much appreciated.
Old 11-15-2005, 08:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'02 CLK55 and Hummer H2
Anyone??
Old 11-24-2005, 04:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black on black '00 CLK430
Windshield washers not working

I think i might have a similar problem but my washers dont work at all. When i press the washer button the wiper blades come on but no fluid comes out. I flushed and replaced the old washer fluid and a quick spot check doesnt show anything obvious (leaks, holes in the washer fluid line, etc...) but then again im not sure what exactly i should be looking for. Any ideas???
Old 11-25-2005, 09:07 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
the washer pump is located on the actual reservoir, under the heat shield. YOu ahve to disconnect the reservoir, and remove it before accessing the pump. After you have done so, you will have to bend the heat shield to access the pump. It should be pretty straight forward from there. If you haven't found the actual pump yet, they are available at most online car part outlets. I use http://www.importec.com

Good Luck
Old 10-03-2014, 04:37 PM

2003 CLK 320
I have been driving Mercedes cars for 20 years I have a 1991 300E Black on black very clean. Just bought a 2003 CLK 320 Brilliant Silver with black interior 19" Stance rims.
I have 4 items that need repair 1) windshield washer pump 2) drivers side power seat won't go forward or back 3) center arm rest top won't open either side or will the bottom (I can get the bottom to open with a screw driver) 4) head light won't adjust vertical when you turn the adjustment.
Old 10-08-2014, 11:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 121 Likes on 95 Posts
2015 GL550 4matic
$20 part from AutohausAZ:

http://www.autohausaz.com/search/pro...0Washer%20Pump

If the pump is good, you should hear it. I have a problem with the connection from the nozzles just under the hood won't stay attached, so it just pumps all the water under the hood and does not spray.
Old 10-08-2014, 01:46 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by jonUF02
$20 part from AutohausAZ:

http://www.autohausaz.com/search/pro...0Washer%20Pump

If the pump is good, you should hear it. I have a problem with the connection from the nozzles just under the hood won't stay attached, so it just pumps all the water under the hood and does not spray.
Thank you for the mention jonUF02, it's greatly appreciated.
Old 10-29-2014, 02:36 PM

ML320
Thanks for all of the advice. I replaced this myself. The difficulty in this task is not the actual switching out the pump, it is not having enough room to maneuver. I lost the new grommet trying to attach it to the windshield washer reservoir. So definitely order a couple of after market grommets, they are cheap at 80 cents.