CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

RENNtech Intake....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 03:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Custom CLK / 05 E500 4matic / 04 Acura TL <<Daily
RENNtech Intake....

Is 1,200 a good deal for and c/f Renntech intake? for a CLK430 If not does any1 knows where can i get a shipper1 from?
Old 12-13-2005, 04:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Tesla Model S
Depends on what you consider a good deal. If you're ok with the fact that you'll be spending over 1k on an airbox that offers you less HP increase than a $500 CLK55 unit then I suppose so. Granted the CLK55 one isn't c/f wrapped but I'd rather spend the remaining $700 on something else...
Old 12-13-2005, 05:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Josh K
Depends on what you consider a good deal. If you're ok with the fact that you'll be spending over 1k on an airbox that offers you less HP increase than a $500 CLK55 unit then I suppose so. Granted the CLK55 one isn't c/f wrapped but I'd rather spend the remaining $700 on something else...
OK Josh i notice that you have some experience about this so i will be going to get a new airbox at the dealer I have a friend that works in parts and also hes the manager so i will be getting a better deal than $500. Now do i have to buy the whole thing with the arms or just the middle part; Also do i have to do some extrat modofications to make it fit? If there is a way that some could post on how to install it step by step with pictures that will be awsome and thanks Josh. BTW/ are you sure i will be getting better results than the Renntech correct. Just wanted to be sure cause i been told the the renntech is better.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Josh i found out how to do it in the other site and thanks bro
Old 12-13-2005, 06:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Tesla Model S
Originally Posted by acb3nz
OK Josh i notice that you have some experience about this so i will be going to get a new airbox at the dealer I have a friend that works in parts and also hes the manager so i will be getting a better deal than $500. Now do i have to buy the whole thing with the arms or just the middle part; Also do i have to do some extrat modofications to make it fit? If there is a way that some could post on how to install it step by step with pictures that will be awsome and thanks Josh. BTW/ are you sure i will be getting better results than the Renntech correct. Just wanted to be sure cause i been told the the renntech is better.
I've seen the AMG airbox dyno pretty consistent increases, while the dyno's I've seen from the RennTech box have shown less (if any) gain.

The only modification that you need to do is cut away a tiny bit for it to clear the oil filter. You need all 4 pieces: box, cover, and intake tubes. The tubes are different between the two airboxes.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:57 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
FYI, the renntech box is not "wrapped" in c/f its a true c/f piece on top with the AMG plastic bottom end. I dont see why a larger intake would produce less power. It just doesnt make sense Let mek now when you get your intake Freddie and we'll hit up a dyno and see whats really up.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
12' C63 P31, 06' Supercharged Range, 08' BMW 550i
Damn... I sold my OEM AMG airbox for like $80.

BTW -- RennTech is junk.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:05 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by dragonAMG
BTW -- RennTech is junk.
Maybe, but kleemann doesnt make an intake for our cars.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Tesla Model S
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
FYI, the renntech box is not "wrapped" in c/f its a true c/f piece on top with the AMG plastic bottom end. I dont see why a larger intake would produce less power. It just doesnt make sense Let mek now when you get your intake Freddie and we'll hit up a dyno and see whats really up.
While intake volume is important, velocity and directed flow is important as well. The RennTech box doesn't have the runners that the AMG box does to guide the airflow. I'm not an engineer but considering that the AMG box gains a pretty consistent 15 horses and I've yet to see the RennTech box make any dyno power the runners and plenum design of the AMG box are most likely doing just as much if not more to help the car out than the plenum size alone.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:22 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
I know the bottom piece has runners because the renntech is the same piece but does the AMG one have runners on the top piece as well? acbnz, lets hit up a dyno and I'll let you make a couple runs with my intake on your car. I've always wanted to know which intake produces more power (I wouldnt change to an AMG anyway because my car is not a race car, its a show car). Josh, thanks for your input, and your ride is always lookin sick!