CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

MBWORLD member sicrx65 Involved in Fatal car accident.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 10:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1951 Caterpiller D6
Originally Posted by Lexani
E55AMG99, you must understand, its about presentation. For example, me I can say you are being rude, and "sugar-coat" you being an a$$ hole. Or I can just call you the former; they both say the same thing, but you are more likely to respond nicer to the "rude" rather the "a$$". Nothing personal, but I believe you could have gotten your message across all the same w/out the inept language, and still leave room for a respectful discussion in regards to Shin's actions.
Well, I'd rather you call me an a$$hole if that's how you feel. Tell the truth, I always say.
Old 01-03-2006, 10:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1951 Caterpiller D6
Originally Posted by milllx
I agree completely...there is a big difference in saying you are bothered that someone drove irresponsibly and that you fear something will happen to one of your loved ones at the hands of a driver doing irresponsible things...and calling someone who is deceased a moron. Telling things like they are doesn't mean you have to be a jerk about it. Show some respect please...and engage in adult discussion rather than inane pot-shots. There is a place for your sentiments, and I don't completely disagree with you, but have some tact.
Like I said before, why should I show respect to one who had none for himself nor others around him? I'm sorry if you're offended by the truth. You are saying that it comes down to the fact that he's deceased. In other words, my comments would have been less offensive to you if he lived through it. Well, in my book, there is no difference. Anyone who runs from the police at high speed and fails to buckle up is not the sharpest tool in the shed whether he lives to tell the tale or not.
Old 01-03-2006, 11:52 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99 CLK320 / 2003 WRX Wagon
Lexani, I see your point that any vehicle can be dangerous...the way I see it though is that a car with 500 hp (not that your son can't handle that...every child is different...so I'm not attacking you here) encourages some young people (and adults alike) who are irresponsible to drive much faster and more recklessly than a car with say 115-150 hp. IMO. It ultimately is a parents' responsibility to decide what car their young person can handle...but I think as a generalization, most young people are not responsible enough and don't have enough experience to handle a car with a lot of power.

Lexani,
This is exactly what I meant. It just encourages some children.
Old 01-03-2006, 11:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by E55AMG99
Well, I'd rather you call me an a$$hole if that's how you feel. Tell the truth, I always say.
How do you know it was the truth. A month later they could have found a bullet hole in the drivers body from a random stray bullet.

Please dont tell me it never happens. It is one of the most famous road deaths ever documented in the USA.

A one inch window opening in the back of a coupe was big enough for a bullet to pass through. The bullet came from a rare hunting rifle that was being used to shoot a target. The guy missed, the bullet skipped on the water, flew over dozens of houses into the car through the opening and into the back of the head of the female driver who lost control of her car and died. The whole thing was seen by the policeman driving behind her.

People in cyberspace ! The outlaws of free thinking.
Old 01-04-2006, 12:03 AM

1998 honda civic lx
Like I said before, why should I show respect to one who had none for himself nor others around him? I'm sorry if you're offended by the truth. You are saying that it comes down to the fact that he's deceased. In other words, my comments would have been less offensive to you if he lived through it. Well, in my book, there is no difference. Anyone who runs from the police at high speed and fails to buckle up is not the sharpest tool in the shed whether he lives to tell the tale or not.
First, we have no idea that he was running from the police, and second, you are a bona-fide jerk to not have some tact man.
Old 01-04-2006, 12:05 AM

1998 honda civic lx
benzmodz....did i miss something? what are you talking about?
Old 01-04-2006, 12:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1951 Caterpiller D6
First, we have no idea that he was running from the police, and second, you are a bona-fide jerk to not have some tact man.
OK, I agree. The part about running from the cops was not proven and may never be for that matter. Driving recklessly and not wearing his seatbelt still qualifies him for the Darwin Awards.

Sorry everyone, call me what you like but nothing you can say will ever increase my estimation of this boy beyond plain dumb.

And milllx, thanks for being honest.
Old 01-04-2006, 12:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1951 Caterpiller D6
Originally Posted by benzmodz
How do you know it was the truth. A month later they could have found a bullet hole in the drivers body from a random stray bullet.
If that happens, I'll appologize. However, in a month when it is proven that the crash was not from stray bullets, I'll still feel the same as I do now.
Old 01-04-2006, 12:55 AM

1998 honda civic lx
E55AMG, I can respect your approach of being brutally honest and admitting when a statement was wrong (the running from the cops). I think we actually see eye to eye on the issue for the most part, I just disagreed on the language and respect aspects of it, but I think we can agree to disagree. Thank you for being honest as well, even if I don't like it sometimes.
Old 01-04-2006, 01:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 C320wz
too bad his Mercedes was too reliable. Suppose it didn't start that day, he could still be here posting messages.
Old 01-04-2006, 01:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1951 Caterpiller D6
E55AMG, I can respect your approach of being brutally honest and admitting when a statement was wrong (the running from the cops). I think we actually see eye to eye on the issue for the most part, I just disagreed on the language and respect aspects of it, but I think we can agree to disagree. Thank you for being honest as well, even if I don't like it sometimes.
Agree. Different delivery, similar message. OK, we cover more bases that way
Old 01-04-2006, 01:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Whatever keys I grab first...
Originally Posted by 55fanatic
John its different for you as you are pretty involved in your sons life, right down to knowing whats on his myspace page...

Some parents feel better putting there cars in something like a camry that cant spin tires or easily lose control off the line
Involved? Yes, but still, as long as a parent trusts the young one, he or she shouldn't be denied the finer things in life.

But I see your point.
Old 01-04-2006, 01:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Perhaps I was being a bit harsh-- you sir, are no a$$ hole; on that same note, your not exactly Mr. Nice Guy.

All I wanted to point out is, as I've said numerous times before:

You could have gotten your point across without the language.

Simply could have said:

"He was reckless, and wasn't wearing his seatbelt-- and to top it off, he was running away from authorities, therefor forgive me if I do not shed a tear over the outcome of his actions."

That right there says everything you meant, without the language.

Or maybe I'm wrong.

In other words, my comments would have been less offensive to you if he lived through it.
Exactly, he would have a chance at defending himself-- what your doing is almost quite literally, beating a dead-horse. Which in my opinion is cowardly.

Regardless, I've nothing against you and I would like for oyu to understand I'm not attacking you as YOU, but rather your unique way of approaching a circumstance such as this.
Old 01-04-2006, 02:01 AM

CLK 430
RIP kid.....

Yo E55AMG99,

I know this isnt the time or place, but you look sexy ma
Old 01-04-2006, 02:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1951 Caterpiller D6
Originally Posted by Lexani
Perhaps I was being a bit harsh-- you sir, are no a$$ hole; on that same note, your not exactly Mr. Nice Guy.

All I wanted to point out is, as I've said numerous times before:

You could have gotten your point across without the language.

Simply could have said:

"He was reckless, and wasn't wearing his seatbelt-- and to top it off, he was running away from authorities, therefor forgive me if I do not shed a tear over the outcome of his actions."

That right there says everything you meant, without the language.

Or maybe I'm wrong.

Exactly, he would have a chance at defending himself-- what your doing is almost quite literally, beating a dead-horse. Which in my opinion is cowardly.

Regardless, I've nothing against you and I would like for oyu to understand I'm not attacking you as YOU, but rather your unique way of approaching a circumstance such as this.
Nope, you and the others are not wrong. I simply choose not to go out of my way at times to use language that is warm and fuzzy. This happens to be one of those times. Maybe because it is a subject somewhat close to me - a friend was hit by a drunk teenager about 12 years ago leaving him a quad and brain damaged. Or maybe because I have 2 teens of my own that have friends that think they are invincible when they get behind the wheel. It's very frustrating as a parent to see my best friend's 17 year old son drive to a party with my daughter and 2 other friends with a bottle of rum. Thank God, my daughter called me to get her when she found out.

Like me, you seem to be blessed with teens that have their heads on straight. Whatever you are doing, keep it up.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
things with and without wheels
Nope, you and the others are not wrong. I simply choose not to go out of my way at times to use language that is warm and fuzzy. This happens to be one of those times. Maybe because it is a subject somewhat close to me - a friend was hit by a drunk teenager about 12 years ago leaving him a quad and brain damaged. Or maybe because I have 2 teens of my own that have friends that think they are invincible when they get behind the wheel. It's very frustrating as a parent to see my best friend's 17 year old son drive to a party with my daughter and 2 other friends with a bottle of rum. Thank God, my daughter called me to get her when she found out.

Like me, you seem to be blessed with teens that have their heads on straight. Whatever you are doing, keep it up.
I understand your point of view a lot better now.My kids are few years away from driving yet, but the thought of them driving scares me in many ways.
The best thing we can do for our kids is to teach them good habits like wearing seat belts and show them proper driving skills.When the kids get cars to drive I think it's better if they have a nice car as opposed to a beater ,that way they will respect it more and care for it.They need to be aware of the fact that a car is not only a vehicle that takes you places but also a potential weapon that can kill if it's used in a irresponsible way.
Old 01-04-2006, 11:58 AM

This is crazy, but I have one belief, God always decides when its time for someone to go, even if you dont beleive in God, something out there, fate if you call it will decide. I was 1 week after my 18th b-day and I flipped my slk230 in snow, and it richocheted against some trees and ended upside down in someones driveway. The only injury sustained was a slightly cut hand and a small tiny cut on my head, both extremely minor and unnoticeable and non scarring. When I crashed my S430 (had a cop following me but was unaware), into a roadsign, I was inches from hitting a tree (not that I was going that fast), but still, the car took all the damage and I swerved in time. I remember a lot of close calls, now I am so safety oriented, I have the 2004 Saab 9-3, b/c it was rated the safest car, but look forward to possibly a new 3-series, or even the SL when I can afford it, or a S class when MB decides to make attractive looking cars. Its very important to keep in mind safety, without it we'd all be dead. -- A coincidence I forgot to mention, the day this member died was my 21st birthday.
Old 01-04-2006, 02:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your point is well seen. I am sorry for your friend.

I plan to do so

Best Regards,
John

Last edited by Lexani; 01-04-2006 at 08:05 PM.
Old 01-04-2006, 07:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 E55
r E S T I N P A R A D I S E
Old 01-04-2006, 08:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
CLK W208
you know what i think it would have been more respectable of everyone if we would have left all the arguments for a different thread and left this one for prayers and conduolences, as respect to SHIN and his family and friends, for the pain that they are going through right now. we can argu all we want and call names and pick on eachothers words or the way we feel. but bottom line is a young kid is dead for reasons beyond are knowledge as we will never know the reason why he was driving so fast, why he was out that late, why he wasn't wearing his seatbelt(maybe he was getting something out of his pockt or dropped a cigi or many other reasons). why he lost control.... we will never know unless if he was alive to tell us why. even his friend wouldn't know what was going through SHIN's mind in those last seconds. so let us learn something from this situation DON"T EVER take off youre seatbelt for any reason, and let's be respectfull of his 17 years of his life on this planet and his memory. after all his family lost a friend, and we all lost a friend. so let's just be respectfull and let his sould rest in peace. and pray for his family and friends to get through this as easy as possible with the lease amount of pain and sorrow. R.I.P brother
Old 01-04-2006, 09:14 PM

CLK 430
RIP sicrx65..
Old 01-09-2006, 03:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 R350. '05 C230. '93 454SS Truck. '71 Chevelle SS.
RIP "Brian"...condolences to the Hong family!
Old 01-09-2006, 12:43 PM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
Since this thread has evolved from one where we can pay our respects, I am going to unstick it.
Old 01-09-2006, 01:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 E320 CDI, '08 BMW X5 4.8i, '11 Duramax 2500HD
Dumb**** yes.. but he was a 17 year old, and probably had a lot of maturing to do, and would have likely matured to understand how dumb he was! Sad indeed.. and I pray for his family and for his soul.
Old 01-09-2006, 03:04 PM

E55AMG99 We are all human and humans make mistakes, just some more than others. We are NOT perfect in any way. So your disrespect to him and his family is uncalled for. Im sure you have never made a mistake in your life time, which would make you perfect and not human.

My condolences and prayers to his family.

Last edited by superduper; 01-09-2006 at 03:07 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MBWORLD member sicrx65 Involved in Fatal car accident.