CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

MBWORLD member sicrx65 Involved in Fatal car accident.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 02:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
things with and without wheels
If he knew that he would not be able to make that turn I'm sure he would have pulled over and waited for the cop.We can act like the smartest people after the fact .He was a young man and he made a mistake that cost him his life .He was a member of this forum and calling him names without him being here to defend his actions is not right ,we as fellow members should be kind to each other anyway.The best way we all can honor him is to wear seatbelts .
Old 01-03-2006, 02:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1951 Caterpiller D6
Originally Posted by RobertG
If he knew that he would not be able to make that turn I'm sure he would have pulled over and waited for the cop.We can act like the smartest people after the fact .He was a young man and he made a mistake that cost him his life .He was a member of this forum and calling him names without him being here to defend his actions is not right ,we as fellow members should be kind to each other anyway.The best way we all can honor him is to wear seatbelts .
You are right. I should not be name calling but don't kid yourself by thinking that "if he knew he couldn't make the turn...he would have pulled over". If he knew he couldn't make the turn, he would have merely slowed down. This is the type of attitude that inadvertently teaches others (young ones) that it is OK to run from the police and drive recklessly if you think you ca get away with it.
Old 01-03-2006, 02:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
things with and without wheels
You are right too, as a matter of fact , if he was to make that turn and get away from the cop we all would have been reading his story here on the forum- except a story with a happier ending.It is very difficult to stop a teenager from speeding, I was one myself and very rarely I drove the speed limit, what helped me to slow down was many speeding tickets and heafty fines.There is time and place for everything and speeding in a dangerous area is not one of them ,again a mistake on his part that I'm sure he would like to take back.
Old 01-03-2006, 04:06 PM
ON PROBATION

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ClayJ
....the probable outcome from attempting to evade law enforcement or anyone else at high speed on a public road is accident, injury, incarceration, court proceedings, ...and death. Never run from the cops. Nothing that they, or the courts, or even jail or prison time can do to you is more devastating or permanent than death.
Been there, done that, so many times. Yes, I have eluded the pursuit many, many times -- this was before I discovered racetracks, and track days, and NASA, etc.

Just because I got away with it so many times. Just because some of you on the forum have gotten away with it some number of times, doesn't change the current reality of high-speed police pursuits. Don't do it! It's not worth it!

I'll get off my soapbox now.....
Old 01-03-2006, 04:27 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
991.1 gt3, w204 c63 507
Originally Posted by E55AMG99
Get off your high horses, people and come down to reality. This immature young adult had many chances to avoid this situation. The first of which was to use a damn seat belt. How many of you have seen the statistics about lack of seatbelt use? Wasn't he 17 years old? Anyone been to driver training as recent as him (last 12-18 months)? I guess he wasn't paying attention or didn't beleive the information to be credible. The second way he could have avoided the situation was to pull over for the police and accept the consequences of his actions. Instead, he chose to not only risk (end) his life but to endanger that of his passenger and everyone on the street that night. You or someone you love could have been injured that night by his selfish and senseless actions. You are all here acting like he was some great friend when in reality, he was just another spoiled brat with Internet annonymity. Sure, some of you have conversed with him personally and even met him but does that really give you the clear conscience to wash away his stupidity and irresponsibility? You all laugh at the "Darwin Award" nominees who, through thier own stupidity, lose their lives but you have sympathy for this guy? Different kind of action, same kind of moron.

I have much sympathy for his family.
stfu

we already know he made a bad decision by not putting on his seatbelt. respect his situation and keep the negativity to your damn self.

are you jealous that he was lucky enough to drive/own a mercedes at his age? if not, then why the ****** hate? i'm sure he was grateful with what he had because, i too, am young and grateful for what i have. i'm young and i paid for my own car.

it's best if you just leave this thread because i don't think anyone wants to hear any of your bs. kthnxbye
Old 01-03-2006, 04:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1951 Caterpiller D6
Originally Posted by myNAMESterry
stfu

we already know he made a bad decision by not putting on his seatbelt. respect his situation and keep the negativity to your damn self.

are you jealous that he was lucky enough to drive a mercedes at his age? if not, then why the ****** hate? i'm sure he was grateful with what he had because, i too, am young and grateful for what i have. i'm young and i paid for my own car.

it's best if you just leave this thread because i don't think anyone wants to hear any of your bs. kthnxbye
Respect? How can one repsect an individual who by his own actions has no respect for himself nor others? Grow up Terry. You, unlike our dear departed have more to learn in life before you can come here and tell me to STFU. He, unfortunately learned his last lesson the hard way.
Old 01-03-2006, 04:48 PM

991.1 gt3, w204 c63 507
Respect? How can one repsect an individual who by his own actions has no respect for himself nor others? Grow up Terry. You, unlike our dear departed have more to learn in life before you can come here and tell me to STFU. He, unfortunately learned his last lesson the hard way.
and i guess everyone who's also saying that you need to respect the situation, also needs to grow up? tell me what i need to learn in life? you seem to think you know more than me. go ahead and preach to me the ways of life.
Old 01-03-2006, 05:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1951 Caterpiller D6
and i guess everyone who's also saying that you need to respect the situation, also needs to grow up? tell me what i need to learn in life? you seem to think you know more than me. go ahead and preach to me the ways of life.
Well, if you haven't learned anything from this situation, you are no smarter than sicrx65. Maybe after high school you wil be forced to live in the real world and earn a living. Hopefully, before you bring kids of your own into this world you will have learned from mistakes like his. If you want to know the ways of life, volunteer at your local trauma center or volunteer to assist the family of someone who survived a crash like this only to be a quadrapalegic or severly brain damaged for life.

My tone may be too harsh for some of you to deal with but like I've said many times before, if you can't do the time, don't do the crime. If he had been wearing his seatbelt and obeying the law and he still died, I'd be right along with all of you publicly mourning him. His death is indeed tragic but it does not change the fact that he made several (insert offensive adjective here) mistakes that would have prevented the whole thing.

Again, my condolences to his family. Grieve for them. They are the ones that have to live with what he has done.
Old 01-03-2006, 05:41 PM

991.1 gt3, w204 c63 507
Well, if you haven't learned anything from this situation, you are no smarter than sicrx65. Maybe after high school you wil be forced to live in the real world and earn a living. Hopefully, before you bring kids of your own into this world you will have learned from mistakes like his. If you want to know the ways of life, volunteer at your local trauma center or volunteer to assist the family of someone who survived a crash like this only to be a quadrapalegic or severly brain damaged for life.

My tone may be too harsh for some of you to deal with but like I've said many times before, if you can't do the time, don't do the crime. If he had been wearing his seatbelt and obeying the law and he still died, I'd be right along with all of you publicly mourning him. His death is indeed tragic but it does not change the fact that he made several (insert offensive adjective here) mistakes that would have prevented the whole thing.

Again, my condolences to his family. Grieve for them. They are the ones that have to live with what he has done.
you must think i'm a pretty ignorant person by the way you're labeling me.

first off, i'm out of highschool... been out for a couple years, you don't know me. i've paid my way for the last year and a half.. that would include my cars + toys.

secondly, it's pretty obvious that he was not doing the right thing if he were running from the authorities. do you really feel it is necessary to state it over and over again, then call him a dumbass and an idiot?

the fact of the matter is, you are the one that needs to grow up. you don't know me or what i do to help my community so do not speak as if everyone around you is as ignorant as yourself. feel free to rebuttal further.. as for me.. i feel the conflict in this thread is completely disrespectful to the late Shin.
Old 01-03-2006, 05:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1951 Caterpiller D6
you must think i'm a pretty ignorant person by the way you're labeling me.

first off, i'm out of highschool... been out for a couple years, you don't know me. i've paid my way for the last year and a half.. that would include my cars + toys.

secondly, it's pretty obvious that he was not doing the right thing if he were running from the authorities. do you really feel it is necessary to state it over and over again, then call him a dumbass and an idiot?

the fact of the matter is, you are the one that needs to grow up. you don't know me or what i do to help my community so do not speak as if everyone around you is as ignorant as yourself. feel free to rebuttal further.. as for me.. i feel the conflict in this thread is completely disrespectful to the late Shin.
OK, so you are 20 +/- and on your own but you still don't get it. Giving to the community has nothing to do with it. I'm talking about working directly with someone who can't walk, talk or even chew his food. I'm talking about bathing someone who has **** himself because he has lost control over his bowels. I'm talking about working with accident victims who are complete invalids. Come with me to SoCal sometime to visit my friend who is as I described above after being hit by a 17 year old drunk driver.

If you feel the conflict is in this thread disrespectful, then feel free to stop at any time.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:06 PM

I cant believe this.....unreal...so sad

:o Just reading this now and am really struck deeply......*wipes eye*......I would like the family to know that iggnorance, like my own, will change, and lives will be saved from the reading of this absolute tragedy! God Bless....
RIP-sicrx65!!!
Old 01-03-2006, 06:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Whatever keys I grab first...
E55AMG99, when dealing with situations where the parties involved are deceased, I believe a little respect should be given. Theres a difference between respectfully showing his faults, and immaturely doing so; & your a fool if you believe you've shown an ounce of respect or maturity in this case. You're telling us to get off our "horses" but I dont believe we're the ones on.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1951 Caterpiller D6
Originally Posted by Lexani
E55AMG99, when dealing with situations where the parties involved are deceased, I believe a little respect should be given. Theres a difference between respectfully showing his faults, and immaturely doing so; & your a fool if you believe you've shown an ounce of respect or maturity in this case. You're telling us to get off our "horses" but I dont believe we're the ones on.
Lex, those on the horse are the ones who are blaming everything else but the kid behind the wheel. I freely admit that my tone is harsh and that I have little respect for the kid though his family have my sympathies. The facts as I know them prevent me from thinking this was anything but arrogance and stupidity on his part. Sorry if being blunt offends some. I'm too old to sugar coat life.
Old 01-03-2006, 07:15 PM

'03 E500
i've been reading this forum and what happen is very sad. But in all honesty, you almost always have a 2nd choice. If the recently departed knew he was going to die, do you think he would've made that fatal decision? i think there are too many instances when nobody thinks more than 3 seconds ahead of their egos or selfish impulses. It's very sad that this one decision cost the guy his life. RIP.
Old 01-03-2006, 07:41 PM

06 C230
I am deeply sorry for the loss of this young man. E55AMG99 ease up a bit, he was only 17. We in this country understand that teenagers are not alwasy capable of making the correct decision, especially under pressure, that's why they (teenagers) don't have the full rights that adults in this country do. (ie. drinking, voting, owning property)

He was a child, leave the name calling out of it, we have all made stupid mistakes when we were kids, we were just blessed enough to survive them. This young man's lose it tragic, but I think ALL of you, especially you parents out there are missing a strong lesson his death can teach us....
that there is no way a 17 year old should be out a 4 a.m. in the morning. Parents please have rules and limits set for your children, when they can't or won't make good decisions in judgement, many many times the rules you have set for them can save their lives.

If this has offended anyone, I apologize, but being a High School Educator, I am deeply hurt when we loose one of our young ones.

R.I.P and may God bless and watch over the family and friends.
Old 01-03-2006, 07:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55AMG99, you must understand, its about presentation. For example, me I can say you are being rude, and "sugar-coat" you being an a$$ hole. Or I can just call you the former; they both say the same thing, but you are more likely to respond nicer to the "rude" rather the "a$$". Nothing personal, but I believe you could have gotten your message across all the same w/out the inept language, and still leave room for a respectful discussion in regards to Shin's actions.
Old 01-03-2006, 09:20 PM

1998 honda civic lx
Originally Posted by Lexani
E55AMG99, you must understand, its about presentation. For example, me I can say you are being rude, and "sugar-coat" you being an a$$ hole. Or I can just call you the former; they both say the same thing, but you are more likely to respond nicer to the "rude" rather the "a$$". Nothing personal, but I believe you could have gotten your message across all the same w/out the inept language, and still leave room for a respectful discussion in regards to Shin's actions.
I agree completely...there is a big difference in saying you are bothered that someone drove irresponsibly and that you fear something will happen to one of your loved ones at the hands of a driver doing irresponsible things...and calling someone who is deceased a moron. Telling things like they are doesn't mean you have to be a jerk about it. Show some respect please...and engage in adult discussion rather than inane pot-shots. There is a place for your sentiments, and I don't completely disagree with you, but have some tact.
Old 01-03-2006, 09:32 PM
Almost a Member!

99 CLK320 / 2003 WRX Wagon
My he rest in peace and his family cope with this huge loss. This is very sad and I hope that lots of people will just slow down some in general after reading this thread.

I wish that parents would realize that children don't need to drive such powerful cars. Bought yourself or not, it does not make you responsible enough to drive it. Over 18 and out of the house, nothing I can do. Live in my house and drive once your 16. Old POS volvo for you!

Please everyone, slow down some.
Old 01-03-2006, 09:37 PM

1998 honda civic lx
Originally Posted by B-Mac
My he rest in peace and his family cope with this huge loss. This is very sad and I hope that lots of people will just slow down some in general after reading this thread.

I wish that parents would realize that children don't need to drive such powerful cars. Bought yourself or not, it does not make you responsible enough to drive it. Over 18 and out of the house, nothing I can do. Live in my house and drive once your 16. Old POS volvo for you!

I agree...I think young children should not start out with a powerful car...powerful enough to get them on the interstate and enough to get going if you need to is enough to start. also, I really like the point someone made earlier about parents not letting their kids out at 4am....it was interesting to hear in the video that the friend's mother did not know what they were doing out...I think parents really need to be involved here and not let kids have free reign..no blame being placed here...it's just important for parents to realize that they can have a profound impact on their childrens' safety.
Old 01-03-2006, 09:46 PM
Almost a Member!

99 CLK320 / 2003 WRX Wagon
I also was not trying to place any blame on the parents. Just hoping that current and future parents might take this into account when purchasing cars for thier children.

It's not to say that there are not some kids out there that are responsible enough, just not the majority.

RIP
Old 01-03-2006, 09:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 78 Likes on 62 Posts
2002 CLK430
Originally Posted by benzmodz
Was it Ralph Nader (sp?) who brought European style safety into in American automotive design.

Who is the grandfather of American automotive legislation and litigation against the big 3. I saw the story in great detail on TV, can remember the famous cases.

40,000 .... thats a lot of tax payers, a lot of parents and a whole pile of knowledge.

I have always been a Toffler fan myself.
The attachment contains the current numbers from the NHSTA. For those who are interested, alcohol-related traffic fatalities accounted for 16,694 in 2004. Down from 17,105 in 2003.
Attached Thumbnails MBWORLD member sicrx65 Involved in Fatal car accident.-rentwreck.jpg  
Old 01-03-2006, 10:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by B-Mac

No, thats not right. We shouldn't punish our young ones by making them drive POS vehicles and such; they can kill themselves in any vehicle. A Volvo traveling at 100 will kill its passenger just the same as an Enzo at the same speed.

I bought my son, after 3 years of successful A+(s) in High School, a SRT-10 Viper. The truck, not the two seater, regardless, the vehicle still has 500HP. Why did I buy it for him besides the fact he merited it? Because I realized, you don't have to have power in a car to crash it.

The vehicle which our young ones drive having nothing to do with fatal accidents-- yes, having a Ferrari helps, but I'm willing to bet hands down, a Geo Metro can scratch 80.

Can it not?
Old 01-03-2006, 10:22 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
John its different for you as you are pretty involved in your sons life, right down to knowing whats on his myspace page...

Some parents feel better putting there cars in something like a camry that cant spin tires or easily lose control off the line
Old 01-03-2006, 10:23 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
big ol diesel... its a tank and has a lot of steel around it and isnt fast enough to out run a cop on foot
Old 01-03-2006, 10:27 PM

1998 honda civic lx
Lexani, I see your point that any vehicle can be dangerous...the way I see it though is that a car with 500 hp (not that your son can't handle that...every child is different...so I'm not attacking you here) encourages some young people (and adults alike) who are irresponsible to drive much faster and more recklessly than a car with say 115-150 hp. IMO. It ultimately is a parents' responsibility to decide what car their young person can handle...but I think as a generalization, most young people are not responsible enough and don't have enough experience to handle a car with a lot of power.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MBWORLD member sicrx65 Involved in Fatal car accident.