CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Learn how to install your Carlsson Front bumper

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 04:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Learn how to install your Carlsson Front bumper

I am the seller of that bumper and i recently registered so i could respond to this and tell the full story. First of all when the bumper was purchased it was never said to be a perfect fit there is not a fiberglass bodykit on the market which is a perfect fit. There are a number of very high quality items one of which is mine but they do not fit like a factory part. 1) they are made of diffrent materials. 2) they use diffrent mounting points 3) they need to be installed by someone with aftermarket experience as they are not a factory oe bumper. If this is what you are in search of you should of gone to mercedes and bought a factory bumper. I offered a full refund to the individual and told him i would sell the bumper to someone who knows what they are doing he declined and stated he wanted another bumper if he cant make the first work how are you gonna make the second work. I have this bumper installed on my personal vehicle using the same fenders same color car and have no problems and my bumper reinformcent is still in place. I took my car to a aftermarket shop that was experienced in fiberglass and it cost my 786.12 to install and paint my bumpers and fenders. I am new to this site and cant figure out how to add a image but i have taken 5 high res shots of my car from 5 diffrent angles and will be happy to provide them to anyone my email adress is euro_creations12@yahoo.com This is not a huge deal i just dont take kindly to someone commenting negatively on me or my products when I have taken all needed steps to provide a quality product and it is this individuals lack of knowledge and unwillingness to take the vehicle to the appropriate place to have this item installed.
Old 02-06-2006, 04:49 PM

02 E55; 99 CLK430 (Sold)
Interesting. I know nothing about you or your products but when you use a picture of a members car (that we all know) like it's your kit you're definitely not winning any of us over.
Old 02-06-2006, 05:08 PM

which car are you refering to the red car used in all my auctions is my personal vehicle with my actual product installed on it
Old 02-06-2006, 05:14 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
He is referring to the car with the green unpainted bumper which definitely is not your car.
Old 02-06-2006, 05:17 PM

that is not my car and that picture is not being used the bumper on that vehicle is my bumper which was sold by one of our distributors we currently hold the mold to the product of the carlsson RS front and the lorinser dtm kit for the clk we have a number of retailers and our items can be purchased from a number of sites the picture of the unpainted bumper was simply to represent what our item looks like unpainted
Old 02-06-2006, 05:21 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
ummmm, the guy whos car is pictured is on this forum and he bought the bumper form Indonesia or something. I doubt they are one of your retailers cu it actually fit right without major adjustments. Acb3nz on the other hand has spent major $$$ to make ur bumper fit. Send me a free bumper and Ill settle this debate.
Old 02-06-2006, 05:26 PM

the bumper on his car did not come from indonesia and i wont give you a free bumper but il offer you the same i offered him if you cant get it to fit properly il issue a full refund and il even discount the price on it in exchange for after it being installed a fair and unbiased review
Old 02-06-2006, 05:27 PM

the red car pictured in the auction with the lorinser style fenders is my personal car and that is the only car pictured in the ad
Old 02-06-2006, 05:35 PM

02 E55; 99 CLK430 (Sold)
All of us know the company he got it from, and yes, it was overseas. Agreed....the only picture on there NOW might be yours but that wasn't the case a few days ago.
If you're saying the kits are the same then obviously Mercedes doesn't know how to build a car to spec because the two kits fit completely different.
Old 02-06-2006, 05:37 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
I already have a carlsson rs bumper but i might consider ur offer just to help out other benz enthusiasts. I know alot about body work and what needs to be done to make one fit. Send me a pm with a price and ill see if i have extra cash layin around and maybe we can work something out. PLease stop digging the hole deeper for urself by saying untrue things though.
Old 02-06-2006, 05:58 PM

Im not saying anything un ture and i am trying to inform everyone as honestly as possible about this but i know for a fact that he either got that bumper from me or there was a individual selling this item out of BC but i dont know if he is still in buisness the only reason i posted this was in response to his post i am not marketing this item as a oe bumper with perfect fitment i am selling it as a fiberglass aftermarket bumper which needs to be installed by someone with experience in installing this type of product
Old 02-06-2006, 06:56 PM

Your the guy thats selling the lorinser replica kits? The first time I heard about these were from a post I read on this forum. The kit was on ebay for $799 plus shipping. Then I see the same exact kit on ebay from you for like $1499 plus shipping? You were using a picture of someone on this forums silver clk with the authentic DTM kit, cl hood, grille, a bad *** car I might add. But your front bumper had the euro liscense plate holder in the first picture you used on ebay. Is the strip the goes around the bumper where the plate goes able to be replaced by the factory one on my car so there isnt a plate holder visible since its a black car?
Old 02-06-2006, 07:00 PM

i am selling the replica kits but i am not sellignt hem for 799 that is another competitor out of san jose my shop is in santa ana the lorinser kit i have is the same as the carlsson with the euro front plate holder I have not seen one of the kits for 799 in person so im not fit to make judgement but i did talk toa customer who said the fitment was ok on them but they were made of really thin materials less than 3 layers i have 7 actual pictures of my product and have sold 3 and those customers are sending me pictures of the items installed on there car
Old 02-06-2006, 07:06 PM

Thats messed up cause when I emailed about the kit the first time when it was $799, I got a reply from a euro creations. I think your a fraud but thats my opinion, others on here will agree Im sure.
Old 02-06-2006, 07:10 PM

well your entitled to your opinion its funny though because the whole reason for me registering on this site was to respond to a post from someone who bought one of my bumpers so i dont know what you consider a fraud but your entitled to your opinion i just suggest that when you make accusations such as that you have the means to back it up
Old 02-06-2006, 09:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You registered on this forum to attempt to obtain more customers. If you did not then you are a horrible business man because this is the one place you should actually be registered if your selling mercedez benz products.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:22 PM

if i obtain a new customer then thats an added bonus im on this site becasue i have recieved 4 emails from people who are personal friends who are on this site and this individual is telling half truths im just here to tell my side of the story i have had positive input as well as negative i just think that the people should know both sides and be able to make up there own decision on the matter
Old 02-06-2006, 10:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yeah no problem, If you have been reading this forum for a few years or any forum for that matter its easy to see how people try to bankrupt businesses just because they had a bad customer experience.
I understand in some cases there are scammers out there but thats something you are suppose to research BEFORE you send people your money.
Not get screwed and come on the boards crying to everyone after everyone told you not to get it in the first place!
Old 02-06-2006, 11:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Custom CLK / 05 E500 4matic / 04 Acura TL <<Daily
Originally Posted by J Lucas
Yeah no problem, If you have been reading this forum for a few years or any forum for that matter its easy to see how people try to bankrupt businesses just because they had a bad customer experience.
I understand in some cases there are scammers out there but thats something you are suppose to research BEFORE you send people your money.
Not get screwed and come on the boards crying to everyone after everyone told you not to get it in the first place!
Not sure what your insinuating by your post but nobody is trying to bankrupt anyone, to get "both sides" as CLK AMG likes to put it read this thread which started out as a question and advice but has since turned into something else

https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class-w208/135051-question-about-your-carlsson-rs-front-bumper.html

Nothing negative targeting the company was really said until the post with the links as Frank requested but what ever I'm tired of beating a dead horse.
Old 02-06-2006, 11:41 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Euro-Passion is one of the sponsor for the forums and they are probably the largest replica store around based in Indonesia. They have the RS kit for the w208 for $799 http://www.euro-passion.com/product/..._carllson.html

because the RS kit for W208 doesn't exist the only way you guys can get it it to get replicas. there's no way these bumpers will go on like OEMs, but between the alternatives there are still good fitment replica versus bad fitment replicas.

and NO, my Carlsson kit is 100% authentic, so please don't make me comment on their replica kits against another sponsor.

Last edited by FrankW; 02-06-2006 at 11:43 PM.
Old 02-06-2006, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by acb3nz
Not sure what your insinuating by your post but nobody is trying to bankrupt anyone, to get "both sides" as CLK AMG likes to put it read this thread which started out as a question and advice but has since turned into something else

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=135051

Nothing negative targeting the company was really said until the post with the links as Frank requested but what ever I'm tired of beating a dead horse.
yea and thats when i signed on when instead of letting people make an informed decision based on there research you guys post all kinds of negative post dont buy this dont go to this link and i was getting numerous emails from one individula and when i explained to him the whole story he retracted every single post he put up here and now this is getting drug out and off topic I think my company sells a nice product i have many satisfied customers I am sorry you had a negative experience and i wish i would have been the one to speak with you personally and try to rectify the situation and given you the advice on the reinforcment modifacation
Old 02-07-2006, 11:26 AM

less than one hour install after factory bumper was removed no adding of materials

Old 02-07-2006, 03:19 PM
MBWorld Founder

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
2020 GT R Pro, 2019 GT3 RS, 2018 GT3 Touring
Exclamation

Originally Posted by clk_amg
less than one hour install after factory bumper was removed no adding of materials
It is OK for you as an INDIVIDUAL to sell ONE bumper in our Classifieds forum. Anything outside that, up to and including any commercial post referencing your company or your products is NOT ok unless you are a supporting sponsor of this community. Please be aware of this in your future posts. Thank you.
Old 02-07-2006, 09:31 PM

CLK320
that's sound a good idea Admin

just my 2c
if you wish to advertise your product.
be a sponsor..

there is nothing free in the world
no offence~
peace
Old 02-07-2006, 11:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
EUropean Freaks
Originally Posted by clk_amg
the bumper on his car did not come from indonesia and i wont give you a free bumper but il offer you the same i offered him if you cant get it to fit properly il issue a full refund and il even discount the price on it in exchange for after it being installed a fair and unbiased review

The bumper on the car is comes from my company which is Europassion.
It based on Jakarta Indonesia.