CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

What is wrong with mercedes nowadays?? Very LONG venting!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2002, 02:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 320
Angry What is wrong with mercedes nowadays?? Very LONG venting!

I was rearended about 4 months ago. Mercedes sent a faulty deck lid and had to argue with them about replacing what was obviously defective. It was like the deck lid was missing the addhesive that goes between the supports and the actual top of the deck lid. I had indentations on the deck lid where it had hit the supports while buffing after painting. The shop said the deck lid was like a soda can once they tried to buff it. This shop is the one that Bob King Mercedes suggested. Oh by the way Bob King Mercedes SUCKS!!!!!!!! They removed the transmission pan on my mothers sl and put it back on wrong. I have been having the common fog light problem (clk320) where it works sometimes and doesn't others. Sometimes I would get a fault code on the display that it was not working and it was, so I waited until it consistently malfunctioned. I explained all of this to the dealer and I get a call from a tech saying "You said you have a fog light problem? I am standing here and it is on. You will have to bring it in when it is malfunctioning for us to fix it. Complete BS, MB is well aware of the fog light problem and if someone complains about the same things that I told them they are supposed to check the terminals for corrosion or melting (I was told this by another dealership that is competent). They never called to tell me my sping pads were in and when the wood around my seat controls cracked they said to drop it off in the morning and I could pick it up that evening. Well how I am I going to get home? "We don't supply people who did not buy there car from us with a loaner?". Well I know contrary because my mothers sl gets worked on there (poorly) and she did not buy her car from them either. Even longer story short, I told the head of the service department that it really appeared that they were not interested in my business and that all I wanted was a loaner car while my warranty work is being done. He refused and I told him I would never bring them any business nor would anyone in my family. ML 320, SL 320, and CLK 320 all paid in cash! Now MB excepts that the deck lid is defective and sends another one. The shop gets it and paints it and has me come to look at it before putting it on. It looked great no indentations or anything. Well today they are putting it on and I get a call saying that MB has sent a European deck lid. Apparently the holes in the back are in a different place than on the American model. The shop says the only thing that won't go on is the cover that holds the lights for the liscense plate and that they cannot drill holes to line it up. Since we are not supposed to have those decklids they won't ship the european handle that covers the lights so now they are going to overnight a new deck lid and the guy at the shop says that he would put money on it that it shows up damaged because every time they overnight something that big it usually shows up damaged??? WTF!!!!
Old 08-07-2002, 06:43 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 ML500 w/Apperance pkg & '07 SL550 w/AMG pkg
It doesn't seem that you have a problem with MBUSA, it seems to me that you need to find another dealer!!! One that might consider you a valued customer not as a dollar sign.

MarcusBenz
H.O.I. MBZ
Old 08-07-2002, 09:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
...................I have taken my car several times to MB my local Mb dealer(RBM of Atlanta) for minir repairs and had to argue with the service advisor and technician that there was actually something wrong with the car. They were making me out to be a car hypochondriac. One incident was that the snap out cupholder will not snap out. I have to manually pull it out. I was told that it has always been that way and that was how mb designed it to prevent accidental injury to the person sitting on the passenger sit. Of course, this was BS because by then already had the car for over a year and the cupholder was working fine. This not a joke, I actually had to talk to the manager in the express division before they agreed to bring out another cLK and test the cupholder and find out that I was right. Many examples, but another was that my trunk will not fly open when released............yes, you got it...........I was told that MB designed it that way to prevent injury. I argued, another CLk was brought out, and well.........MB did not design it that wayu afterall. Another was that I wanted to install the Illuminated door sills on my car. I took the car to RBM...........I was told, no such MB product exists.........I had to go to MBUSA.com and print the page that contains the part. MBSERVICE HERE IN METRO ATLANTA IS EXTREMELY POOR. WHAT IS FUNNY IS THAT AS BAD AS RBM OF ATLANTA IS, THEY ARE THE BEST OF THE THREE MB DEALERSHIPS IN METRO-ATLANTA. I rcently drove my car outwest and stopped in dallas because I needed some minor repairs. I went to PARKPLACE Motors................I was treated like a king. Atlanta Mb customers have no idea what they are missing. I talked to friends about my experience and we actually seriously considered starting a PARKPLACE Mercedes dealership in Atlanta because I was so well treated. It will be a shot in the arm to the extremely poor MB dealerships in Metro-Atlanta. But you don't start a business just for that.

Ted
Old 08-07-2002, 11:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
W213 '17 E43 ///AMG - W211, W208 no more
bad apple

sorry to hear about your bad experience(s). Maybe you should write a letter to MB-USA and see if they can compensate you somehow....

its a shame that there are dealers out there like RBM... they just give MB such a bad rep
Old 08-08-2002, 12:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
It depends entirely on the attitude of the ownership-management of the MB dealership, which sets the tone.

Occasionally, you find a MB dealership that is outstanding, most are mediocre to poor - with a cadre of shop mechanics who got their degree from the graduate school of Cinnabon. They love to schmear their greasy fingers generously on anything that comes their way, prompting many return visits to fix the same problem.

Often, in the process of fixing a problem, extensive collateral damage is done, requiring days of shoptime, rental cars and exhorbitant billings to MBUSA during the warranty period.

It's NOT a pretty picture.
Old 08-08-2002, 10:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 320
I am waiting for another deck lid. I have not dealt with that dealer for any problems since I told them I would never bring them any business. The dealership where I bought the car has always treated me great and even did my suspension for me. When I mention things like fuel settings they are interested not offended. It was a tuesday when Bob King told me that they would not give me a loaner for warranty work. I called Leith (dealer purchased from) in Raleigh and asked my service advisor if they could have the wood for the seat controls by that Saturday (they offer sat service) and he said no problem. When I went in that Saturday they fixed the wood and explained the issue of the fog light and that dealers are supposed to be checking the terminals for corrosion when someone complains of the problems I was having. It just stinks that I have to drive two hours to Raleigh to have work done. I do go to Raleigh fairly often on the weekends so it is not that big of deal but what am I to do when the MAF goes and the engine won't start. I guess I will have to pay the extra money to have it towed to Raleigh because I will not let Bob King Mercedes touch it!!
Old 08-08-2002, 02:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
The best MB mechanics are on mobile roadside service duty.

Call 1-800-FOR-MERC if your car does not start, those mobile techs will get you going!
Old 08-08-2002, 03:07 PM
Banned

'06 ML500 w/Apperance pkg & '07 SL550 w/AMG pkg
Another great benefit of owning a Benz, Roadside Assistance, isn't is GREAT.

MarcusBenz
H.O.I. MBZ