CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Comments of EuroPassion RS replica Kit vs Evosport Rs replica kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 02:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 CLK 430
Comments of EuroPassion RS replica Kit vs Evosport Rs replica kit

Just got thru installing the new GRFRP Carlsson Replica kit. Pic will be up tomorrow.

Having gone thru 2 of these now, just thought I would post some comments since I actually did the installation on both kits:

Europassion Pros':

1. New material is definitely better to work with and its bendable properties come in really handy when trying to install it.

2. The headlight ring on the driver side around the city lights are a bit small, but over all not bad...and actually fits pretty well, although the tabs are shifted too far to the right on the driver side, so the paint did crack a lil on the tabs where it screws into the head light assembly.

Europassion Cons'

1. The finish needed to worked on, as with most fiberglass material, there were a lot of pot holes that needed to be filled in.

2. The bumper flares out too much on the sides of the fender, so you actually have the bend it quite a bit to get it to line up with the fender. And becuase you need to bend it quite a bit, the holes I drilled for the corner mounts just cracked, so i didnt use it....felt like it was getting too much stress if i did use those holes.

3. The lips on the bumper where you drill your holes to mount it to the fenders are way too shallow, so if you were to drill right in the middle and then mount it, the kit will not be flush with the fender, I actually made brackets for them, and cut the notch out for the mount so that it would be flush, cuz the custom brackets extend the hole mount beyond the lip. Those who have ever installed these things will know what i am talking about.

4. No mountable area for the fog lights. And the fog light hole for the passenger side is slightly smaller than the drivers side, making it difficult to push the fog lights thru.

5. Bigger gap under the grill than the Evosport RS kit, which was really good and tight.

Evosport Pro:

1. Mounting box around the fog lights

2. There is a box on the back side of the bumper that provides extra support for the bumper

3. Gap under the hood is really tight and fits well

Evosport Con's:

1. Bruce if your reading this you can add ur comments as well since you paid to have it fitted.

2. Same fiberglass pits problem as above

3. Same lip mounting points as above

Last edited by CurYousGee; 07-16-2006 at 02:43 AM.
Old 07-16-2006, 09:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK/ML
How bizarre! I had exactly the same issues with Felix's kit, and countered with the same workarounds as you. It appears to be the mold. The slightly smaller hole on the pass. side fog was the most aggravating but by mounting them to the bottom lip, I was able to actually have them pull themselves toward the bumper. I did not want them flush with the face of the bumper but rather sunken so this worked well.
Dying to see how that plate delete looks. Good write-up!
Old 07-16-2006, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 430
pics are up, more in picture thread
Attached Thumbnails Comments of EuroPassion RS replica Kit vs Evosport Rs replica kit-img_0811.jpg   Comments of EuroPassion RS replica Kit vs Evosport Rs replica kit-img_0813.jpg   Comments of EuroPassion RS replica Kit vs Evosport Rs replica kit-img_0815.jpg   Comments of EuroPassion RS replica Kit vs Evosport Rs replica kit-img_0816.jpg   Comments of EuroPassion RS replica Kit vs Evosport Rs replica kit-img_0821.jpg  

Old 07-16-2006, 05:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK/ML
Definately more of an oem look. Looks great. Good job on the fit. Can't you put you plate in the window?
Old 07-16-2006, 07:19 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
It still doesnt line up perfectly. I test fitted mine yesterday and fitment isnt perfect. Same problems as you mentioned plus the corners by the headlights dont line up right. I give up though. I will take both bumpers to the body shop and see which one they can get to fit better and just go with that. I was embarassed to enter a car show for battle of the imports at MIR today because of the ****in bumper fitment. If it was someone elses car I would walk by and say "what a****ty job installing that bumper, looks mad rice". I still took home 1st place DTM but I HATE these crappy bumpers.
Old 07-16-2006, 07:43 PM

2000 CLK 430
:)

Congrats on 1st place title BB....
Old 07-16-2006, 07:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Custom CLK / 05 E500 4matic / 04 Acura TL <<Daily
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
It still doesnt line up perfectly. I test fitted mine yesterday and fitment isnt perfect. Same problems as you mentioned plus the corners by the headlights dont line up right. I give up though. I will take both bumpers to the body shop and see which one they can get to fit better and just go with that. I was embarassed to enter a car show for battle of the imports at MIR today because of the ****in bumper fitment. If it was someone elses car I would walk by and say "what a****ty job installing that bumper, looks mad rice". I still took home 1st place DTM but I HATE these crappy bumpers.
Nice Ahmad, who else got a trophy did Shane or Bj got anything. Wish I could of made it since I'm your only competition.
Old 07-16-2006, 07:50 PM

W208 CLK55K, GTR, RS5
Your's looks pretty damn clean! Good job!!

I almost gave up on my bumper as well because of similar fitment issues. I kept wondering how others on the board said theirs fit like oem. Regardless, I'm very happy with the out come.

BTW, have you had any problems with your license plate located there? I recently got a fix it ticket for no front license plate
Old 07-16-2006, 10:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 430
i was wondering the same, I think pple who say that it fits like oem are probably people who paid someone to just take care of it for them and call them when its ready to pick up.

but for others on the board to did a lot of the work ourselves, we can truely attest to the complications of fitment.

for the right amount of money im sure it can look like an OEM fit shave here shave there bondo this and that and there you go, perfect oem fit!

but if you looking to just bolt it on, it will never be perfect, just close enough to where your somewhat satisfied.

as for the license plate, when i had the old euro plate that said"CARLSSON" on it, no problems what so ever, and bruce didnt have a problem either, i think cops just think it was a euro version of my real plate, but i know socal is really picky about this, got a lot of hassel with my accord when i didnt have one, so i just put it on when i installed the new one. its only be 3 days since i got it back and so far no problems

Originally Posted by 55 ON IT

I almost gave up on my bumper as well because of similar fitment issues. I kept wondering how others on the board said theirs fit like oem. Regardless, I'm very happy with the out come.

BTW, have you had any problems with your license plate located there? I recently got a fix it ticket for no front license plate

Last edited by CurYousGee; 07-16-2006 at 10:29 PM.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 430
congrats on wining 1st place, but these bumpers do suck, but EUROPASSIONS do have THE BEST KITS on the MARKET, and if you want perfect fitment, the only way to go is they way JoshK did his, which was cut the OEM in half and mold the lower part of the RS kit to the top part of the OEM bumper, which i am sure you already know would cost tons of bucks, as one person said, gotta pay to play rite?

Last edited by CurYousGee; 07-17-2006 at 03:17 AM.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 430
Thanks TK, just need to to make me some projector lights and i will be done! as for putting the plate on the window, i heard that you cant do that. Does anyone know for sure? something about the passender getting decapitated if there was a front end collision if i remember correctly.

as for the OEM look, still not as completely sold on it as i thought i would be. After we got it on, it looks like my old RS kit was definitely more aggressive than this one. oh well too late, whats done is done.

Originally Posted by ThrillKill
Definately more of an oem look. Looks great. Good job on the fit. Can't you put you plate in the window?
Old 07-17-2006, 01:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
EUropean Freaks
Evosport RS and Europassion

Guys,

Ill explain briefly about my company and evosport company.
both kits are manufactured from jakarta indonesia.cuase I know evosport got the kits from one of my friend shop in jakarta back then.

BRUCE,me,My cousin Raymond who sold his CLK 430 to Tom one( of the members at the mbworld) is the first prototype of carlsson RS.I mean first generation.seems almost like 5 years ago....we all get the first batch or 1st generation of the CLK RS KITS in the USA .no fittment issues!

as for the fittment,Ive told you guys that I cant gurantee 100% perfect.I can gurantee 85-90% will sit just fine.
and again please do bring to proffesional bodyshop.
I dont recommend that you will have to install by yourself.

Thnx for all the inputs,I will let my engineer know about this matter.
hopefully i can solve all the issues for the carlsson W208 RS kitsASAP

and again we (europassion) will try best to solve all the issues of the fittment.

thnx again

Europassion

Last edited by dronellis; 07-17-2006 at 01:18 AM.
Old 07-17-2006, 01:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EUropean Freaks

congratulaions of your winning ahmad.
and again please do bring to the proffesional bodyshop..
dont do it by yourself.
I know most of you guys wanted to save some money by installing the kits by yourself..

off course before you entering the car show,you need to prepare all of them
its like before you go to shooting range,before you shot it you have to aim first.

EP
Old 07-17-2006, 01:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EUropean Freaks

B,

some of the customers bring their car to the bodyshop though.
and some of the members try to install the bumper himself.
they dont said anything like OEM.but they are very happy and satisfied of the bumpers from my company.

I tried my best to make it better and better each days.

thnx again B

EUropassion
Old 07-17-2006, 03:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 430
Hey Felix,

Dont get me wrong, Your kits are by far the best replica out there. I have seen some horror stories from other kits.

Thanks for producing a workable product. I worked with the body shop on this install, but i got a very good deal, so not too much customizing on their end. so after i got the car back, i still needed to make some adjustments and mounting brackets.

But definitely your product is the best so far. Just keep working on a Polyurethane version. That should sell like hotcakes, since the kit is so low and scrapes a lot, the urethane would be the best so it wont crack.

Three things that you can have your engineers look at are:

1. passenger side fog light is a lil smaller than driver side so makes it hard to get the fog light thru them.

2. the lip on the kit where it meets the fender needs to be waay bigger, because its soo thin, for it to fit right i needed to make a custom bracket. body shop didnt want to touch it, they just prep and painted.

3. Is there a way to make the bumper side not flare out so much? We have to bend them quite a bit to get it to meet the fender.

If those 3 issues are fixed, everthing else can be done at the body shop.

I think I am the first one Ive seen to give you some tips for your engineers to improve on this kit....a lil improvement will make this kit closer to being perfect

And again, felix's EUROPASSION kit are the best on the market rite now

George

Last edited by CurYousGee; 07-17-2006 at 03:14 AM.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:13 AM

W208 CLK55K, GTR, RS5
Originally Posted by dronellis
B,

some of the customers bring their car to the bodyshop though.
and some of the members try to install the bumper himself.
they dont said anything like OEM.but they are very happy and satisfied of the bumpers from my company.

I tried my best to make it better and better each days.

thnx again B

EUropassion
Don't get me wrong Felix. You offer a great service and the best Carlsson RS kit on the market today. I knew ahead of time that it wasn't going to be a perfect fit. In no way was I bashing your kits either. I said in another post that you offered the best Carlsson RS kit on the market today, and I truly believe that.

No hard feelings bro! Give me a call when you get in to town and we'll have lunch!

B
Old 07-17-2006, 11:14 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Well entering the show was a last second thing. Anyways, I bought Felix's kit because everybody was talking about how great it fits and bla bla bla. I spent a full month making the current bumper on my car fit properly (lots of cutting/bondo/bracket fabrication etc). Unfortunately when I was in class one of my idiot friends decided to move the car and tore the bumper off on a curb. I took it to a PROFESSIONAL body shop and they didnt do a very good job of fixing it. I wanted a kit that fit right without a month of prep work so I bought the Europassion kit. It fits alot better than the other kit but still not perfect. You still need to fabricate brackets. Im taking the kit to a shop soon so we'll see what they have to say and see what they can do. Felix is a nice guy. If you're gonna buy a kit, buy it from Europassion but dont expect it to just bolt up.

Last edited by blackbenzz; 07-17-2006 at 08:05 PM.
Old 07-17-2006, 10:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EUropean Freaks
Talking

Originally Posted by CurYousGee
Hey Felix,

Dont get me wrong, Your kits are by far the best replica out there. I have seen some horror stories from other kits.

Thanks for producing a workable product. I worked with the body shop on this install, but i got a very good deal, so not too much customizing on their end. so after i got the car back, i still needed to make some adjustments and mounting brackets.

But definitely your product is the best so far. Just keep working on a Polyurethane version. That should sell like hotcakes, since the kit is so low and scrapes a lot, the urethane would be the best so it wont crack.

Three things that you can have your engineers look at are:

1. passenger side fog light is a lil smaller than driver side so makes it hard to get the fog light thru them.

2. the lip on the kit where it meets the fender needs to be waay bigger, because its soo thin, for it to fit right i needed to make a custom bracket. body shop didnt want to touch it, they just prep and painted.

3. Is there a way to make the bumper side not flare out so much? We have to bend them quite a bit to get it to meet the fender.

If those 3 issues are fixed, everthing else can be done at the body shop.

I think I am the first one Ive seen to give you some tips for your engineers to improve on this kit....a lil improvement will make this kit closer to being perfect

And again, felix's EUROPASSION kit are the best on the market rite now

George

Dear George,

Hahaha No worry buddy! Iam more happy to give to all my members satisfaction of the products,quality and customer service.

I told my engineer about this 3 issues.they told me that they will first change the old mould and do the new moulding.
secondly,we are trying to get w208 mercedes again to make the testing of the bumpers.
so they will find out the minus point of the front bumper etc.

guys!thank you very much for all your inputs.this is good critics for my company too.

we( europassion ) will work it out ASAP.
will give you an update asap

Best Regards

Felix
Old 07-17-2006, 10:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EUropean Freaks
Talking

Don't get me wrong Felix. You offer a great service and the best Carlsson RS kit on the market today. I knew ahead of time that it wasn't going to be a perfect fit. In no way was I bashing your kits either. I said in another post that you offered the best Carlsson RS kit on the market today, and I truly believe that.

No hard feelings bro! Give me a call when you get in to town and we'll have lunch!

B

haha no hard feeling buddy! this is good from my company.
I preffer this kind of criticism..good benefits at all.

wait for me at sf...we go eat king of thai..nyum2

Best Regards

Felix
Old 07-17-2006, 10:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EUropean Freaks
Well entering the show was a last second thing. Anyways, I bought Felix's kit because everybody was talking about how great it fits and bla bla bla. I spent a full month making the current bumper on my car fit properly (lots of cutting/bondo/bracket fabrication etc). Unfortunately when I was in class one of my idiot friends decided to move the car and tore the bumper off on a curb. I took it to a PROFESSIONAL body shop and they didnt do a very good job of fixing it. I wanted a kit that fit right without a month of prep work so I bought the Europassion kit. It fits alot better than the other kit but still not perfect. You still need to fabricate brackets. Im taking the kit to a shop soon so we'll see what they have to say and see what they can do. Felix is a nice guy. If you're gonna buy a kit, buy it from Europassion but dont expect it to just bolt up.

Hopefully it will turn just fine...how about the cf diffuser?u like it right?hahaha

I will work on it all this 3 issues asap.

thnx

Best Regards

Felix
Old 07-18-2006, 12:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 430
Hey Felix,

2 more suggestions:

1. On the driver side by the wheel, the mold is off making it look like there is a dent along the wheel well (as in picture #4 the edge closest to the wheel)

2. the gap under the grill is still a lil big, maybe they can shave down the mold there so that it will decrease the gap.

I wish someone told you all this before so that mine can benefit from the new changes.....maybe you can send me one for free to test out the new changes =)

Originally Posted by dronellis
Dear George,

Hahaha No worry buddy! Iam more happy to give to all my members satisfaction of the products,quality and customer service.

I told my engineer about this 3 issues.they told me that they will first change the old mould and do the new moulding.
secondly,we are trying to get w208 mercedes again to make the testing of the bumpers.
so they will find out the minus point of the front bumper etc.

guys!thank you very much for all your inputs.this is good critics for my company too.

we( europassion ) will work it out ASAP.
will give you an update asap

Best Regards

Felix
Old 07-18-2006, 12:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EUropean Freaks
George,

yupe we found the minus points..thnx for letting me know.
we are going to change the RS mould and make new one and hopefully in the future there is no more mistakes.
thnx

Best Regards
Felix

Hey Felix,

2 more suggestions:

1. On the driver side by the wheel, the mold is off making it look like there is a dent along the wheel well (as in picture #4 the edge closest to the wheel)

2. the gap under the grill is still a lil big, maybe they can shave down the mold there so that it will decrease the gap.

I wish someone told you all this before so that mine can benefit from the new changes.....maybe you can send me one for free to test out the new changes =)

Old 07-18-2006, 12:36 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
i like it with the plate more
Old 07-20-2006, 01:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 430
Yeah so do I, I thought I would like it more this way, but with the plate it looks more aggressive and mean, but i like a freshly painted bumper more =)

Originally Posted by FrankW
i like it with the plate more
Old 07-20-2006, 01:23 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Yeah so do I, I thought I would like it more this way, but with the plate it looks more aggressive and mean, but i like a freshly painted bumper more =)
lol...could've repaint the bumper george...bruce's bumper was old anywayz.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Comments of EuroPassion RS replica Kit vs Evosport Rs replica kit