CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

OK....troubles mount...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'00 CLK430 & '08 Lexus RX 350
OK....troubles mount...

I took the ride in for A-service and a detail. Get a call from Advisor saying detail guys got in and put seat all the way forward and now cant get it back....did I know about the problem?

Well I do now! Not a problem before i took it into dealer and detail boyz are jackin with the seats. Unreal.

So advisor says they'll mess with it, see if they can fix it but that it could end up being a $1000 fix it?!

Holy crap.....is that not unbelieveable? The ride goes in fine and just by coincidence the seat craps out and now they wanna get $1000 to make it move again (cushin goes up down, back moves...its the fore/aft movement)!

I've read around the boards and have a few ideas....I'll sleuth around this weekend, checking fuses, wire harnesses and rails to see if I can fix on my own.

I am confident its not the switch in the door as I hear it clicking in both directions under the seat when I try to move back and forth!

Anyone with any new ideas / solutions, part #'s, or a baseball bat I can take to the detailer....please let me know!

thanks as always,
Old 02-21-2007, 08:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2001 E320 RWD - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 100,000+
We have different cars, but I'd be insisting that their dealership employees broke it, and that they better fix it for no charge. Are you sure it is not covered as part of a recall?

That reminds me of when I had a Porsche that I took to a dealer for some kind of work. When I got back there to pick it up, the starter had burned out and they only offered to manually push me so I could pop the clutch and get it started. I was seeing red, but the GF I was with told me to calm down and live with it. Needless to say, I have told everyone who will listen to me what a POS dealership that is!

Last edited by Musikmann; 02-21-2007 at 08:11 PM. Reason: adding to message
Old 02-21-2007, 10:24 PM

1999 CLK430 (sold) 03 CL55
Originally Posted by MMM430
I took the ride in for A-service and a detail. Get a call from Advisor saying detail guys got in and put seat all the way forward and now cant get it back....did I know about the problem?

Well I do now! Not a problem before i took it into dealer and detail boyz are jackin with the seats. Unreal.

So advisor says they'll mess with it, see if they can fix it but that it could end up being a $1000 fix it?!

Holy crap.....is that not unbelieveable? The ride goes in fine and just by coincidence the seat craps out and now they wanna get $1000 to make it move again (cushin goes up down, back moves...its the fore/aft movement)!

I've read around the boards and have a few ideas....I'll sleuth around this weekend, checking fuses, wire harnesses and rails to see if I can fix on my own.

I am confident its not the switch in the door as I hear it clicking in both directions under the seat when I try to move back and forth!

Anyone with any new ideas / solutions, part #'s, or a baseball bat I can take to the detailer....please let me know!

thanks as always,
You know it's things like this I hear that **** me really off

I mean it's stuff like this that paint a image for the company itself, I'm not saying all dealerships are perfect, but how stupid can you be to break something on someones car and then turn around say "Yeah in order to get it working again, your going to have to cough up some money" I mean what the hell is that crap? If I were you, I would of been heated and turned that dealership upside down and let my voice be heard, I would have DEMANDED that they either fix the problem or pay me the money for the damages, then I will shove it in their face and yell at them for being money hungry jerks when this company already makes enough money for themselves and to have a dealership like this try and bring the company itself down, then I'd tell them this will be the last time I visit the dealership.

Ok, now that I got that off my chest, lol, I had this same problem as you MMM430, except I put my seat all the way back and it couldn't go forward, so I rode home to forget about the problem, the next day I tried playing around with it, I clicked all the buttons to move the seat, moved the wiring around to get it working, kicked it, did everything I could and VOLA after a few it works! I dunno how, dunno why, but it worked.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:57 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2002 c240
How about "it came in, in the correct position... it better be in it when it leaves..... period"
Old 02-22-2007, 12:02 AM

'02 CLK55
Had something like that long ago in college, took a car into have a stereo installed and when they pulled up on the hand break shnap! They were good paid to have it repaired as it happened in their shop. Just as easily could have been my pull that would have done it.

I just feel if it happened there, their bad luck and who knows if they did not do something to mess it up.

Zoom On
Old 02-22-2007, 01:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2000 CLK 320
thats some bull****. they should fix it for free. plus tell them why in the #@&*! are they movin the seat anyways? not like they takin a road trip somewhere. i hate it when i get my oil changed and then after i get in car with the seat moved. yeah i have the memory stored, but still. i dont think they should be gettin comfortable and moving my settings just to drive the dam car a few feet away.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:53 AM

1999 CLK430 (sold) 03 CL55
^^ Oh **** you too bro? Where did you get your oil change at? I had the SAME damn thing happen to me at Fletcher Jones, I wait for like about 1 hour or so cause it was pretty packed, I get my car back I sit in my car and I have the air conditioner on, the seat is all adjusted, I mean wtf? And to add to that, as I waited I saw alot of customers waiting for their car right? This dude got a complimentary car wash on his C230 I believe and after they brought the car to him he found a huge scratch going across his trunk, I mean why can't people just do their job anymore? You'd think Mercedes-Benz would have a more strict policy and tough rules to abide by at their dealerships, I really hate to say this, but the Ken Grody Ford Dealership down here does one hell of a job, and that's not saying much, if Mercedes builds these top qualities cars, their dealerships to follow up to that as well.

Also I hate when they give you a complimentary car wash when YOU'VE ALREADY WASHED YOUR CAR! WTH is that?? No wonder people get scratches and swirls on their car.

Sorry, Just throwing in some 2 cents.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Current: AMG GT-C. Sold: 01 CLK55, 00 ML55, 01 ML55, 06 E55
Yo MMM...hate to hear about your car. Where was it? I'll make sure to not go there. BTW, I tried to order some spring pads, and Atlanta Classic Cars wanted $15 each when retail is only like 8 or 9 bucks. I told them and they were like, uh, sorry. So i called a few other places. Believe it or not, the new Mercedes of Buckhead had the best price...$6 each. Maybe it's just because they're new, but I LIKE!
Old 02-22-2007, 10:27 AM

'00 CLK430 & '08 Lexus RX 350
Nice

Originally Posted by da_guitarist
Yo MMM...hate to hear about your car. Where was it? I'll make sure to not go there. BTW, I tried to order some spring pads, and Atlanta Classic Cars wanted $15 each when retail is only like 8 or 9 bucks. I told them and they were like, uh, sorry. So i called a few other places. Believe it or not, the new Mercedes of Buckhead had the best price...$6 each. Maybe it's just because they're new, but I LIKE!
It was ACC actually that blew up my seat.....Im givene th chance to make things better then I will be seriously considering making the change. Already getting some work done at Revolution in Decatur and I like the guy that owns the place. Very cool.

Look forward to seeing your ride with the springs/wheels!

I see you called....sorry I missed you. Gimme another ring this afternoon if you want.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Hopefully, ACC will step up to the plate and make it right for you.