CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Alarm Problem Please Help!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 08:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 60 Likes on 56 Posts
2007 SL55
Alarm Problem Please Help!!!

This is the second time ive had this problem...last time was about a year ago and it went away by itself same day...this time my alarm keeps going off by itself every 20 secs or so after i lock it with the keyless or even if i do it with the keys...It is really hot in LA right now about high 80s 90s...I dont kno wht the problem is i just can lock my doors without alarm going off...any suggestions???any help would be greatly appreciated...
Old 05-09-2007, 01:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my alarm would go off cuz the switch for my trunk light would set it off. i folded down my seats then watched for the trunk light to come on
Old 05-09-2007, 07:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 SL55
my mechanic said 95% it would be the battery of the key i changed the batteries and problem still continues...any ideas? bliss my trunk light switch does flash as if the trunk were opened for a few seconds then stops flashing then continues...wht does this mean? and how did you fix it?

Last edited by Amir_AMG; 05-09-2007 at 07:30 PM.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
00 KLEEMANN CLK 430 - 02 KLEEMANN CLK55 - 88 Euro / Jap AMG 560 SEC Widebody
Originally Posted by prznskillz
my mechanic said 95% it would be the battery of the key i changed the batteries and problem still continues...any ideas? bliss my trunk light switch does flash as if the trunk were opened for a few seconds then stops flashing then continues...wht does this mean? and how did you fix it?

My trunk light has been glowing steady for three years now - ever since I started having the same problem as you. I took it to dealer and they passed it off by blaming it on my aftermarket ICE (B.S.). They did something that prevents the siren part of the alarm from activating but at least it got rid of the constant low volume cricket chirping sound the alarm was constantly making when the problem first started. Please post if you find solution.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 SL55
Originally Posted by lowphat
My trunk light has been glowing steady for three years now - ever since I started having the same problem as you. I took it to dealer and they passed it off by blaming it on my aftermarket ICE (B.S.). They did something that prevents the siren part of the alarm from activating but at least it got rid of the constant low volume cricket chirping sound the alarm was constantly making when the problem first started. Please post if you find solution.
i wish it was a silent noise...my things wakes people up and is VERY LOUD!!! i havnt locked the car the past 2 days and I got a ride from my friend to school and back today...I went to Al n Eds autosound and they said it could be a low voltage in the battery, but i just got a new battery last year from autozone...if i find out the problem ill definately let u kno...
Old 05-10-2007, 12:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ill try to take apart my trunk switch to see if i can fix it for a short term fix just tape the pin up. its just to the left of the trunk lock
Old 05-10-2007, 01:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 SL55
After i replaced the batteries on the key, the problem continued so i gave up...after an hour of leaving it unlocked i came back, prayed and gave it one more try...since then...NO PROLEMS!!!! *knock on wood* im hoping nothing happens im in school right now and it has not gone off since last night...

Trending Topics

Old 05-11-2007, 10:44 PM

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts
2020 GLC300 & 2009 SL550 (previously had 1999 CLK / 2006 E500 / 2011 GL450)
Originally Posted by prznskillz
This is the second time ive had this problem...last time was about a year ago and it went away by itself same day...this time my alarm keeps going off by itself every 20 secs or so after i lock it with the keyless or even if i do it with the keys...It is really hot in LA right now about high 80s 90s...I dont kno wht the problem is i just can lock my doors without alarm going off...any suggestions???any help would be greatly appreciated...
Check your trunk latch. I had this problem last year and the trunk latch was loose. I first noticed my center console trunk open indicator would flicker on bumps periodically. A couple of weeks later, the alarm would go off in parking lots for apparently no reason.

I checked and found the inside trunklid latch retaining bolts were loose and the latch would wiggle when touched. I straightened the latch out and retightened the bolts and the problem went away.
Old 05-12-2007, 02:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
CLK Cabrio
Yo man what's up? Did you get it fixed? If not go to autozone and have them check the battery, they will do it for free, pepboys will also recharge it for free even if not from them! Hope its fixed thou. Talk to you man.
Old 05-13-2007, 01:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 SL55
Originally Posted by sick430
Yo man what's up? Did you get it fixed? If not go to autozone and have them check the battery, they will do it for free, pepboys will also recharge it for free even if not from them! Hope its fixed thou. Talk to you man.
yea bro no problems ever since thanks for all the help...long time no see man...we gotta meet up again some time...