CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Chrome Headlight Rings

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 08:58 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01 CLK 320 Cabriolet
Chrome Headlight Rings

Can anyone tell me if the chrome head light and tail light rings on ebay are as good as anywhere else? I didnt think the grill I got on ebay was that great especially after finding one that had full mesh behind the emblem and had a replacement for the hood pull instead of just a cut out so it could fit throught it. I'm just wondering if it doesn't really matter especially since they are just rings but the quality could be different. Anyone have any idea?

The link to the ebay auction is:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/W208-...spagenameZWDVW
Old 05-11-2007, 09:19 PM

CLK320, Honda Ruckus, pinto & BMX
i personally say "Don't do the rings!!!" makes the ride look tacky.. theres a level where everyone tries to acheive orginality and creativeness... once you're there.. DO NOT GO ANY FURTHER.. then from looking slick becomes over-done....
Old 05-11-2007, 10:10 PM
Almost a Member!

01 CLK 320 Cabriolet
I agree with you 100% and the only reason I am goign to get the rings is because the grill is chrome and I think adding the chrome rings around the lights will complete the look. I usually have pretty good taste when it comes to stuff like that and I figure if I get them and they do look tacky I can always sell them on ebay to someone else. I have seen them on a lot of rides in this forum and they look pretty sweet IMO. I was just curious if the ebay ones are the same as all the others or if there is a difference.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
w208
i got em on ebay..no probs...
IMO..the headlight rings are fine...(im prob gunna paint mine black )tho...however - the taillight rings are a tacky NO

also the headlite rings fill in the headlight gaps well...

attached sum pics wen i had the rings and stock chrome grille ...and a pic with my black grille ...
Attached Thumbnails Chrome Headlight Rings-img_0847.jpg   Chrome Headlight Rings-img_4968.jpg  

Last edited by deyainrdy4ds; 05-11-2007 at 10:40 PM.