CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

MY CLK's MAKEOVER -> bumper,fenders,mirrors,roof wing,handles,tints,emblems,calipers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 07:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
w208
MY CLK's MAKEOVER -> bumper,fenders,mirrors,roof wing,handles,tints,emblems,calipers

so finally heres some pics of the recent bodywork i got done...the changes i made are:

-Carlsson RS Style front bumper with
-Hella Optilux 2500 Angel eye fog lights
-Lorinser style fenders
-Lorinser style roof spoiler (coming off...gota epoxy it down lol)
-LED mirrors painted black
-Door handles painted black
-Rear emblems shaved
-Calipers and hub painted silver
-fresh 20% tints all around...

let me know what u guys think! -
(btw - please excuse the orange turn signal bulb in the passenger side headlite lol..stil gota get it out)

also..heres a link to the full album if u want...
http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...LK%20MAKEOVER/
and a short video lol - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXtRl9JpMHo
Old 06-01-2007, 07:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Tesla Model S
I like it but a couple of suggestions:

1. The mirrors are too big of a part to pull off black with. Since you smoked the tails, I'd suggest going back to silver on the mirrors and smoking out the mirror turn signals

2. Your carlsson bumper will look a lot more aggressive with black mesh instead of silver. It will also help to tie in the black from your grille a little better.

Other than that - looks great!
Old 06-01-2007, 08:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2000 CLK 320
Originally Posted by Josh K

1. The mirrors are too big of a part to pull off black with. Since you smoked the tails, I'd suggest going back to silver on the mirrors and smoking out the mirror turn signals

2. Your carlsson bumper will look a lot more aggressive with black mesh instead of silver. It will also help to tie in the black from your grille a little better.

definately agree with josh k. took the words outa my mouth. great color scheme tho, the silver and black is NICE. great job!! if u do decide to make those changes, take you time. enjoy what u did first and then do them
Old 06-01-2007, 08:20 PM

2000 CLK 320
and whats up with the license plate being by your windshield? did u get pulled over for not having one? ive goten pulled over twice for lack of front license plate, but it looks so much better without it. imo, it looks worse with it covering up your windshield,lol
Old 06-01-2007, 09:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HPF E46 M3 Turbo, LET C32 AMG
that came out nice!!! you should for sure paint the mesh black. where did you get your fenders? how do they fit?
no luck with the light bulb yet? do you have to have a front liscense plate in jersey?
Old 06-01-2007, 09:53 PM

CLK320, Honda Ruckus, pinto & BMX
wow! super clean.. love the silver and black combination... i agree with other members suggestion above... black grill... fo sho...

other than that.. its clean.. i like it..

i m not sure.. but what does everyone think if you had your roof painted black? if you don't like to paint it , use vinyl sticker, the ones they use to wrapped vehicles with... (the 3M control tac) so that way its glossy and not perm if you don't like it... i think that'll look hard on your ride.. ohhh yeah baby!!!
Old 06-02-2007, 09:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

w208
thanks for all the comments guys..

josh - ya...on ma instructions i told the bodyshop to put the black mesh in front with the silver mesh behind but they fkd up and just put the silver mesh ...im gunna put some black plastic or somtin behind the mesh for now so at least theyll b black there and itll hide the radiator and all that visible **** behind the mesh.......yo u shud sell u clk n sell me ur rear carlsson wit diffuser lol...i need thattt and the deklid....

in regards to the roof..i might do it if/when i do a partially painted c/f hood....i dont think i wanna paint the roof spoiler black tho because its becomes not as visible then...not sure tho....

license plate...well we need a front plate in jersey and i actually got pulled over about 6 days ago for no front tag even tho it was in my windshield...he then even noticed the tinted tails n mentioned that (i dint have my window tints and white signals then thankfully cuz i was ironically jus comin bak from inspection and jus finished takn the tints off and changin out the bulbs for amber)....he ended up lettin me go when i handed him my PBA card wit my license ...he was actually a nice dude.....

SETSEROCK - fenders i got on ebay...make sure u get the ones made by tommotorssports.com...they fit better (and also look a lil better IMO) than the other ones...bodyshop said overall fitment is good but they just hafta refiberglass n do taht prep work **** to them...the ones u mite get from blackbenzz are the same exact fenders so u shud b strate wit those...sux bout ur other fenders getn robbed...

Last edited by deyainrdy4ds; 06-02-2007 at 09:39 AM.
Old 06-02-2007, 12:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Tesla Model S
Originally Posted by deyainrdy4ds
thanks for all the comments guys..

josh - ya...on ma instructions i told the bodyshop to put the black mesh in front with the silver mesh behind but they fkd up and just put the silver mesh ...im gunna put some black plastic or somtin behind the mesh for now so at least theyll b black there and itll hide the radiator and all that visible **** behind the mesh.......yo u shud sell u clk n sell me ur rear carlsson wit diffuser lol...i need thattt and the deklid....
I was actually thinking about selling my car with my Mini coming soon as that will be my new money pit for a while...but I love the CLK too much. Mercedes don't look like that anymore :0(
Old 06-02-2007, 10:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

w208
I was actually thinking about selling my car with my Mini coming soon as that will be my new money pit for a while...but I love the CLK too much. Mercedes don't look like that anymore :0(
welllll if ur guna part it out...dibsss on that carlsson rearr w/ diffuser....u dont have a lorinser decklid too ..do u?
Old 06-02-2007, 11:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Custom CLK / 05 E500 4matic / 04 Acura TL <<Daily
looking good.

Josh if you sell it I want the engine with all the shiny **** on it. I wish i get a chance to see it in person.

Last edited by acb3nz; 06-02-2007 at 11:23 PM.
Old 06-03-2007, 02:51 AM

2002 CLK320
Looks good bro
Old 06-03-2007, 10:02 AM

2000 CLK 430
Originally Posted by acb3nz
looking good.

Josh if you sell it I want the engine with all the shiny **** on it. I wish i get a chance to see it in person.
ha good call... everyone was sleepin on that
Old 06-03-2007, 10:43 AM

02clk55///2010GLK350
Hi deyainrdy4ds,
Can you clear your mailbox, I would like to send you a PM. Thanks
Old 06-03-2007, 12:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

w208
Originally Posted by wnycec
ha good call... everyone was sleepin on that
+1 lol...forgot about that superchargerr

tomtomtomtom...ma bad...dint even realize...PM is good ta go..
Old 06-03-2007, 12:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

w208
sum kinda ****ty rollin shots my boy took yesterday on the turnpike...

Last edited by deyainrdy4ds; 06-04-2007 at 10:54 AM.
Old 06-03-2007, 02:04 PM
Almost a Member!

looks sweet man well done
Old 06-03-2007, 03:16 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
01 clk 430
I like it, the front end looks good!
Old 06-03-2007, 11:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 60 Likes on 56 Posts
2007 SL55
great job bro...looks very nice...i would paint the roof black and black roof spoiler...paint the calipers maybe black or keep? iunno...everything else is cool...bigger rims though? black mesh grill though....goodluck!
Old 06-04-2007, 10:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

w208
Originally Posted by prznskillz
great job bro...looks very nice...i would paint the roof black and black roof spoiler...paint the calipers maybe black or keep? iunno...everything else is cool...bigger rims though? black mesh grill though....goodluck!
thanks....na i already painted the calipers silver....i dont think ima even go for 19s now...the 18s dont really seem that small to me anymore after the bodywork..seems to fit pretty well but ill c.....and ya im workn on the black mesh
Old 06-04-2007, 11:11 AM

Clk 320
sum kinda ****ty rollin shots my boy took yesterday on the turnpike...

Lights look good. What "k" are those?
Old 06-04-2007, 05:20 PM

99' CLK 320 Coupe
Car looks good, do your mirror blinkers light up orange or white? if white what bulbs you use?

lol @ orange bulb in headlights.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
01 CLK 430

I like the mirror itself being black, just not the base part.... Looks good though.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

w208
Originally Posted by Ghostrider
I like the mirror itself being black, just not the base part.... Looks good though.
ya i wasnt sure if i shuda dun the base part or not but then thought it mite look incomplete or somtin if it didnt....dono..i mite consider paintin the base silver again....

jasonowens- those are stock xenons in the headlights...and the angel eye fogs...

clarkspark...na them frikin things are orange n i hate it since the rest are white ...i mite do it later ...my audio guy said its a pain in the *** ta change out those LEDs so he said he'll do it like $150 PER mirror lol.....if u wanna c a pic of em lit em (durin the day tho)...clik on that photobucket link in the original post under the pics...thers a pic in that album...
Old 06-05-2007, 10:54 AM

99' CLK 320 Coupe
ya i wasnt sure if i shuda dun the base part or not but then thought it mite look incomplete or somtin if it didnt....dono..i mite consider paintin the base silver again....

jasonowens- those are stock xenons in the headlights...and the angel eye fogs...

clarkspark...na them frikin things are orange n i hate it since the rest are white ...i mite do it later ...my audio guy said its a pain in the *** ta change out those LEDs so he said he'll do it like $150 PER mirror lol.....if u wanna c a pic of em lit em (durin the day tho)...clik on that photobucket link in the original post under the pics...thers a pic in that album...
Whaaaaa thats a rip @ $150 per lol, he just doesn't wannna do them, also they aren't that bad if my brother (a carpenter) did them for me on a set of OEM mirrors.
Are your mirrors aftermarket ebay ones? or OEMs?
Reason I ask is I have a set of OEMs I bought, but won't fit a 99 clk320 without hardwiring (they seem to be for 2000 and up). So thinking of buying a set of aftermarket shells with blinkers since all you need to do is wire up the side blinker to it.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 3.2
looks cool...all you need now are some 19's or 2o's to complete the look

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MY CLK's MAKEOVER -> bumper,fenders,mirrors,roof wing,handles,tints,emblems,calipers