CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Girl here.. need advice..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 07:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mbz CLK350
Girl here.. need advice..

Hi guys,

I'm getting tires this week for my CLK350. My setup is 235/35 R19 and 265/30 R19. I'd like to know which one is better Nitto NT555 or Falken FK452? The nt555 they charge me $740 installed and the falken they charge me $680 installed. 2 of my gfs has nitto and falken and they both said its good tires.. Now, i'm not sure what to get.. What would you guys reccomend and also what do you guys think of the price? Is it fair? so far this shop is the cheapest i found.

Zoom Tires
2503 seaman ave.
south el monte ca 91733
626-242-6144

Thank you in advance..

Chloe
Old 11-05-2007, 08:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55, C63
Originally Posted by my_mbz111
Hi guys,

I'm getting tires this week for my CLK350. My setup is 235/35 R19 and 265/30 R19. I'd like to know which one is better Nitto NT555 or Falken FK452? The nt555 they charge me $740 installed and the falken they charge me $680 installed. 2 of my gfs has nitto and falken and they both said its good tires.. Now, i'm not sure what to get.. What would you guys reccomend and also what do you guys think of the price? Is it fair? so far this shop is the cheapest i found.

Zoom Tires
2503 seaman ave.
south el monte ca 91733
626-242-6144

Thank you in advance..

Chloe
go with the 555's. I've had them on my car for a while, and I love them.

The sidewall on the Falken's are really beefy, so your chances of rubbing are higher. Still, the Falkens are a good tire as well.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 430
hey chloe, both are good, if your car is lowered, the NT555 nitto may be better interms of not rubbing if you dont have too much clearance around your wheels, and falkens 452 are more beefy and if your clearance around your rim is tight, then it may rub when turning in the front and when you have passenger in the back.

I have both on differnet sets of rims, and that is my advice, if your car is not dropped, then it doesnt matter....but a lot factors in....but you will be safer going with the NT555 Nitto.

Price from the place you posted is not bad...Ive gotten tires from them before.

hope that helps
Old 11-05-2007, 08:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55, C63
Originally Posted by CurYousGee
hey chloe, both are good, if your car is lowered, the NT555 nitto may be better interms of not rubbing if you dont have too much clearance around your wheels, and falkens 452 are more beefy and if your clearance around your rim is tight, then it may rub when turning in the front and when you have passenger in the back.

I have both on differnet sets of rims, and that is my advice, if your car is not dropped, then it doesnt matter....but a lot factors in....but you will be safer going with the NT555 Nitto.

Price from the place you posted is not bad...Ive gotten tires from them before.

hope that helps
WOW! almost identical posts =)
Old 11-05-2007, 08:24 PM

1999 CLK430 (sold) 03 CL55
I had Nitto NT555s on my car, they ran pretty good, they lasted me about a solid year no rotation nothing, just the inside treading on the rears were worn ofcourse (I wonder why...) but tires still had treads on it even after the way I drove on them, in Rain, Dry road, they lasted me pretty good.

I haven't tried the Falkens FK452 but alot of people run them on their cars, now I have new tires their Falken Ziex 912s, the newer versions of the 512s, they run me great, don't have a problem with noise or anything, and very nice tread design on them.

But I really can't say anything about them I've only had them for a few months now, but you got to consider this, I had the Nitto NT555s on my car for a YEAR, hard driving, little peeling out here and there, and they ride pretty good, soo...IMO you won't go wrong with either tires, Nitto & the Falkens are pretty good choice for the money.

Hope that helps.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 430
lol, yeah, you must have posted while i was typing up my post, wonder if this is a fake post..the owner of that shop's gf has a white clk 350..so this my just be a commercial ad

and if it is a real post, then if you want the falkens, gotta go with a size smaller 225 and 255, but they dont make 255/30/19, so go 245/35 and stretch them to get the right profile height...

Originally Posted by OPALW208
WOW! almost identical posts =)
Old 11-06-2007, 07:54 AM

2002 CLK55 AMG, 2005 C240 4maitc
i have that same set up and i run 555's. I love them. I would get the nitto 555s if i were you. You wont be disapointed with them.

Enjoy your wheels!
Old 11-06-2007, 11:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55, C63
Originally Posted by CurYousGee
lol, yeah, you must have posted while i was typing up my post, wonder if this is a fake post..the owner of that shop's gf has a white clk 350..so this my just be a commercial ad

if this is a fake ad, I just want to let all the members know of a shop in Santa Clara, CA which will KILL the prices listed by ZOOM and ZOOM's gf. $740?? $680?? NOOOOO PROBLEMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!

Sonic MS
670 Nuttman Street #101
Santa Clara, CA 95054
408-469-6849

Give them a call, and mention this ad, and receive those killer prices.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:06 PM

Mbz CLK350
Hey Guys,

Thank you so much for all who helped me decided what to get… I guess I’ll go with the Nitto’s.. My car is dropped so I don’t want any rubbing on the side or whatsoever.. For CuryousGee, I will ask them too about the size 225 and 255 if I choose to get falken. But, maybe I will just stick with the Nitto’s since most of you guys recommended Nitto’s. My main concern is the longevity of the tires, they are so expensive and I don’t want to spend a few hundred bucks every few months or so. Rubbing is a no-no too .

This is not a fake ad, at all! You guys are so funny . I talked to a girl named Kate at Zoom, she said, she has the same car and with the same size. She told me to get Nitto’s, that’s what she’s running right now. She told me that they’re really good tires and no rubbing, etc... She had it for over a year now and it still look good. I guess she’s not lying about how good nitto’s are. I'm ready to get my tires done tomorrow with them.

Thank you Thank you so much guys…

This site is very helpful… Good thing I found it. At least, I know now where to ask help if I need something done for my car..
Old 11-06-2007, 03:14 PM

Mbz CLK350
Originally Posted by OPALW208
if this is a fake ad, I just want to let all the members know of a shop in Santa Clara, CA which will KILL the prices listed by ZOOM and ZOOM's gf. $740?? $680?? NOOOOO PROBLEMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!

Sonic MS
670 Nuttman Street #101
Santa Clara, CA 95054
408-469-6849

Give them a call, and mention this ad, and receive those killer prices.

I called the number you listed to check out the prices on these Nittos. But, they’re far and they will even charge me shipping fees for the tires. Don’t know if that’s you that answered but well, the guy that I talked to on the phone is really nice. He even gave me some helpful tips before buying tires, though he can’t match the prices quoted… I don’t think I’ll be shopping around anymore. I really need to get my tires done soon. I just wanted to know what the best tires are to run on my MBZ not only where to buy them from.

Thank you so much though…
Old 11-06-2007, 04:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55, C63
I called the number you listed to check out the prices on these Nittos. But, they’re far and they will even charge me shipping fees for the tires. Don’t know if that’s you that answered but well, the guy that I talked to on the phone is really nice. He even gave me some helpful tips before buying tires, though he can’t match the prices quoted… I don’t think I’ll be shopping around anymore. I really need to get my tires done soon. I just wanted to know what the best tires are to run on my MBZ not only where to buy them from.

Thank you so much though…

actuallly, it was me who answered the phone, and I told you because you were not local, I would have to charge you shipping for the tires, and I wouldn't be able to install the wheels/tires on your car.

I also told you that if you were local, I would be able to beat those prices FOR SURE!

Anyways, I'm glad you decided to go with the Nitto 555's. I believe they will work very well for you =)

Just keep me in mind for any future mods to your car.

AL
Old 11-06-2007, 05:08 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi guys,

Zoom Tires
2503 seaman ave.
south el monte ca 91733
626-242-6144

Thank you in advance..

Chloe
If you're choosing betweens those two tire brands, get Nitto. I've heard some good things about them. I've had Falkens before and the compound on those are just too hard.

If you've got money then go with the Michelin PS2's or Toyo's. Got any pics of your car?
Or maybe even you? LOL
Old 11-06-2007, 06:27 PM

1999 CLK430 (sold) 03 CL55
Originally Posted by JamE55
If you're choosing betweens those two tire brands, get Nitto. I've heard some good things about them. I've had Falkens before and the compound on those are just too hard.

If you've got money then go with the Michelin PS2's or Toyo's. Got any pics of your car?
Or maybe even you? LOL
^_^

Anyways, tire sizes in Falken or Nitto shouldn't matter, I'm basically running exclusive Falkens on my car (Ziex 912s) I managed to get 265s for the rear, a major upgrade from the 255s on the Nittos. Has an aggressive stance, sidewall is sexy and so is the treading, then again I miss my Nittos as well they lasted me a really long time and they were really good, but when it comes down to tire size I don't think it'll matter, I have no rubbing issue what so ever, then again my car isn't dropped yet so maybe that's why.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 430
Hey Chloe, Those prices are pretty much as good as it gets around here, Ive called a bunch of places in the past and they are one of the lowest in town, plus they only charge $10-$12 per tire to mount them....If I ever take my clk to the bay, which is probably never, then I would check out OPAL208's place for sure, esp if he can beat their prices..but down in SGV, they are the cheapest of the 5 places I shopped without having to go too far.

George

Hey Guys,

Thank you so much for all who helped me decided what to get… I guess I’ll go with the Nitto’s.. My car is dropped so I don’t want any rubbing on the side or whatsoever.. For CuryousGee, I will ask them too about the size 225 and 255 if I choose to get falken. But, maybe I will just stick with the Nitto’s since most of you guys recommended Nitto’s. My main concern is the longevity of the tires, they are so expensive and I don’t want to spend a few hundred bucks every few months or so. Rubbing is a no-no too .

This is not a fake ad, at all! You guys are so funny . I talked to a girl named Kate at Zoom, she said, she has the same car and with the same size. She told me to get Nitto’s, that’s what she’s running right now. She told me that they’re really good tires and no rubbing, etc... She had it for over a year now and it still look good. I guess she’s not lying about how good nitto’s are. I'm ready to get my tires done tomorrow with them.

Thank you Thank you so much guys…

This site is very helpful… Good thing I found it. At least, I know now where to ask help if I need something done for my car..