CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Ran my car at the track

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 09:07 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ran my car at the track

I ran my car at the track twice,completly stock and bounced limiter,15.1 at 94 mph.That was so embarasing.A civic smoked me.I test drove a 335 and it was way quicker.I am thinking of getting one.BTW I am convertible and manual ****ing.I was getting a 2.3 .
Old 12-26-2007, 12:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
CLK Cabrio
hey is it a 320 or a 430 also how many miles on the car. did you have esp on or off, ca nyou tell me more about the car. also you got to remember that this car was built as a highway runner not 1/4 mile.
Old 12-26-2007, 07:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts
AMG
An AMG will fix your 'problem'
Old 12-30-2007, 02:24 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Which model clk?
Old 12-30-2007, 11:52 PM

Did you reset the trans parameter? ESP off?

My CLK 430 is no track rat, my turbo S52 E36 is!
Old 12-31-2007, 12:04 AM

1999 CLK430 (sold) 03 CL55
Hmm, factory times say a 430 can do 14.0-14.5, but again it's all in drivers hand....remember there was a guy who had a AMG and had it in W mode and was running 14.5s....

and agreed with the other posters, what model?
Old 12-31-2007, 01:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK/ML
He says manual so it's probably one on those Euro CLK120's or sumpin'.
Old 01-03-2008, 05:36 PM
Almost a Member!

clk 430,convertible stock with 18 inch wheels,I had it in sport mode esp off and power braked it.I bounced 2nd.I manually shifted it not in auto.How to become quicker? x pipe
Old 01-03-2008, 09:26 PM

CLK 430
wow, sorry buddy, but that is pretty bad. a 430 running 15's. If you want your car quicker you might as well trade it in and get the AMG. then maybe you'll run those mid 14's
Old 01-03-2008, 11:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 80 Likes on 64 Posts
2002 CLK430
FIFTEEN SECONDS? A NINETY-FOUR MPH trap speed? In a CLK430?

On the left side of the dash, just below the headlight switch, is a lever. It's got a "P" with a circle around it. Pull that, try again, and this time stay off the "clutch pedal".

Old 01-04-2008, 01:02 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by MarcusF

On the left side of the dash, just below the headlight switch, is a lever. It's got a "P" with a circle around it. Pull that, try again, and this time stay off the "clutch pedal".
Old 01-04-2008, 01:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 CLK430
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
11.48 @ 120.5
Old 01-04-2008, 01:20 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
^ Thanks Marcus Nitrous is installed on the car now and smaller s/c pulley is on its way. Then comes meth injection and even smaller pulley
Old 01-04-2008, 02:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 CLK430
About a dozen years ago, I used to ride a sportbike. I used to say “there’s car fast, and then there’s sportbike fast.” Let me tell you, 11.5 IS FAST IN ANY LANGUAGE. Not kinda fast, not sorta fast, but fast like “DAAAAYAAAAM, did you see Blackbenz blow by that guy?”

You’ve got the kind of car that embarrasses the other guy. One of those cars on You-Tube where the camera guy at the finish line films your car going by, then, one-thousand one . . . . . . one-thousand two . . . . one-thousand three . . . . . . . and you can hear somebody in the background say, “DAMN! I thought he was racing somebody? Oh wait, here he comes . . . . . yeah . . . the other guy looks like he was trying to race . . . . . . . . “ The kind of embarrassment where the other guy passes the finish line and never comes back. Ever. The guy changes names, moves to another city, goes undercover like he’s in the witness protection program.

If I see you, I'm pulling over. I'm not growing a beard and moving to Minnesota.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:57 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
About a dozen years ago, I used to ride a sportbike. I used to say “there’s car fast, and then there’s sportbike fast.” Let me tell you, 11.5 IS FAST IN ANY LANGUAGE. Not kinda fast, not sorta fast, but fast like “DAAAAYAAAAM, did you see Blackbenz blow by that guy?”

You’ve got the kind of car that embarrasses the other guy. One of those cars on You-Tube where the camera guy at the finish line films your car going by, then, one-thousand one . . . . . . one-thousand two . . . . one-thousand three . . . . . . . and you can hear somebody in the background say, “DAMN! I thought he was racing somebody? Oh wait, here he comes . . . . . yeah . . . the other guy looks like he was trying to race . . . . . . . . “ The kind of embarrassment where the other guy passes the finish line and never comes back. Ever. The guy changes names, moves to another city, goes undercover like he’s in the witness protection program.

If I see you, I'm pulling over. I'm not growing a beard and moving to Minnesota.
Thanks, makes all the hard work feel worth it. Its a decent car but there are cars out there that have made me feel like I put it in reverse!! Like a friends DSM running 35PSI of boost (all these vids were last year before I could really drive the car and before a few mods and I was running low 12's/high 11's):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wzENiakVZ8

A win I'm sure the guy next to me never expected, check out whats sticking out the hood!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5VVv...eature=related

Both those races were when the car looke dstock besides a drop and 18" AMG monoblocks. Imagine the look on peoples faces and how many people were asking "Whachu gawt inder that darn hood???"
Old 01-04-2008, 04:24 PM

CLK 430

Is that 13.8 for a stock 430? Now I'm really curious to see how the car runs, now I want to take it to the track
Old 01-04-2008, 09:38 PM
Almost a Member!

incase you havent noticed that slip is the losers slip. the loser always gets the yellow slip. And as i stated, i bounced the limiter which causes a lower trap and et.
Old 01-05-2008, 02:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 CLK430
Since I don't actually pay for track time, you may be correct about the color, but tell me, does the loser's slip always say "win"? That one does. Actually, that particular slip was from when I was up in northern California working on an article. After work I raced the photographer's van. I think I won. Unless of course, after driving for six hours, working all day, and consuming countless energy drinks - I got confused and the loaded Caravan ran a thirteen nine, leaving me to run a twenty. Look closely, you can tell it wasn't a retail slip as both car numbers are the same, which would be the hourly rate, no?

But don't let my joking around get to you. I laugh at everyone's car when they have "performance issues". I'm the one who posted the story about the guy at the Rose Bowl meet with a CLK55 who couldn't run break 14.5's. Now he's famous! BTW he wanted me to make sure and post that he's much faster now and would appreciate someone else being "famous" for a while.

If you really want your cab to go faster, reset the adaptive throttle and leave it in drive. Hmmm. That knocked almost a second off right there. Now, make another pass without the spare and the jack. A little better huh? Now, and this is VERY IMPORTANT, since you have an ME 2.8 car, dial up the REST feature on the HVAC and set it in position nine. You know, the blank one that everyone says doesn’t do anything? It doesn't do anything. Really. Unless you make yet a faster pass. Which will drive the ME 2.0 guys nuts. Of course if you don't make a faster pass, you may be put off for my having wasted your time. Let us know which way it works.

If you're still upset about my jokes, here's a clearer look at Devil's Angel's avitar. Looking at that for a bit usually puts most people in a better mood. Is it just me, or do the dimples grab everyone's attention?

Old 01-07-2008, 07:35 PM

CLK 430
Since I don't actually pay for track time, you may be correct about the color, but tell me, does the loser's slip always say "win"? That one does. Actually, that particular slip was from when I was up in northern California working on an article. After work I raced the photographer's van. I think I won. Unless of course, after driving for six hours, working all day, and consuming countless energy drinks - I got confused and the loaded Caravan ran a thirteen nine, leaving me to run a twenty. Look closely, you can tell it wasn't a retail slip as both car numbers are the same, which would be the hourly rate, no?

But don't let my joking around get to you. I laugh at everyone's car when they have "performance issues". I'm the one who posted the story about the guy at the Rose Bowl meet with a CLK55 who couldn't run break 14.5's. Now he's famous! BTW he wanted me to make sure and post that he's much faster now and would appreciate someone else being "famous" for a while.

If you really want your cab to go faster, reset the adaptive throttle and leave it in drive. Hmmm. That knocked almost a second off right there. Now, make another pass without the spare and the jack. A little better huh? Now, and this is VERY IMPORTANT, since you have an ME 2.8 car, dial up the REST feature on the HVAC and set it in position nine. You know, the blank one that everyone says doesn’t do anything? It doesn't do anything. Really. Unless you make yet a faster pass. Which will drive the ME 2.0 guys nuts. Of course if you don't make a faster pass, you may be put off for my having wasted your time. Let us know which way it works.

If you're still upset about my jokes, here's a clearer look at Devil's Angel's avitar. Looking at that for a bit usually puts most people in a better mood. Is it just me, or do the dimples grab everyone's attention?

thats awesome MarcusF FTW!!!!
Old 01-14-2008, 09:25 AM

2005 CLK55 Cab, 2012 C300
[COLOR=black]
...Now, and this is VERY IMPORTANT, since you have an ME 2.8 car, dial up the REST feature on the HVAC and set it in position nine. You know, the blank one that everyone says doesn’t do anything? It doesn't do anything. Really. Unless you make yet a faster pass. Which will drive the ME 2.0 guys nuts.
Whaa...???