CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Transmission Trouble-Post Rear Ending

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
199 CLK 320
Transmission Trouble-Post Rear Ending

I am having transmission issues after being rear-ended & pennies falling into my gear-shift. The car was "sticking" during acceleration ie. revving high not accelerating past 20 mph. In addition, jerky after acceleration from a complete stop and high rpm's. This issue is intermittant in nature. No issue before accident car has 80k miles on it & was in for a full service 1 month before accident w/ no problems. Insurance Co. is calling this "unrelated" & says it is a problem frequently occuring w/ CLK's btwn. 60-90k in mileage. I call BS. PLEASE give advice asap! All help is VERY appreciated. Also, MB dealorship says up to $7k in cost to repair. I am in LA area if anyone can refer me to a repair shop which warranties work & uses MB parts & is a bit more reasonable.
Thanks!!
Old 01-19-2008, 12:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 80 Likes on 64 Posts
2002 CLK430
I’d call an attorney. That said, Sun Valley New Mercedes Parts has your transmission for $2750. They can be reached at 818 768 8667. After you get off the phone with them, call Mercedes Dismantlers at 818 768 0526. Post back and let us know the similarities and/or differences.
Old 01-20-2008, 02:04 AM

clk320
Transmission trouble-post rear ending

yo i got my 98clk transmssion fixed around 160k well i was going to just trash it awaay but it was just too nice and i luved the car soo i decided to fix it... well the dealer asked around the same price about 7k to 10k and it was way to much so i went to a local transmission dealer and they fixed it for 2.5grand it was rebuilt.... i suggest you dont get a brand new one because there is a control unit that basically bonds with the transmission that came with the car...and if you get a different transmission and original control unit you will definiately have a problem.... but anyways good luck man
Old 01-20-2008, 08:22 AM

2004 Oxford Green BMW 530i SMG
Just out of curiosity, how long after you were rear-ended did the trouble start, and how hard of an impact was it? Its actually NOT that uncommon for cars to have additional problems after an impact, the other person's insurance would be liable. Talk to the bodyshop that repaired the car and ask them if the impact could have affected the transmission (they should be familiar with this) and ask them to talk to the insurance company. If that doesn't work, I too advise speaking to an attorney.