CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Where to get body work done in WA state

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 06:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to get body work done in WA state

I'm looking for a good body shop somewhere in the puget sound. Does any one local know of any good places to get some work done. I need to get my VIS carbon Fiber hood installed and it has some fitment issues and I'll be getting a new bumper soon among other things.

I live in Everett, I'd prefer someone who was resonable in their pricing as well. Let me know.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:50 PM

CLK 430
Sorry don't know of any good shops up there, if you were willing to come down to Portland I could recommend the body shop that did my front and rear bumper....
Old 01-23-2008, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by DevilsAngel
Sorry don't know of any good shops up there, if you were willing to come down to Portland I could recommend the body shop that did my front and rear bumper....
Were they resonably priced? I love driving my car so I'd consider coming down. I want to check out Portland anyway, I've heard theres some good bars.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:08 PM

CLK 430
Generally speaking I believe that he charges reasonable prices. He gave me a great deal only cuz I work with one of his good friends. Its just a matter of talking with him, especially since he said that kit that he installed on my car was a nightmare because nothing fit at all and he had to make a lot of changes. But he knows what he's doing, and he does it well. And its not that bad of a drive!
Old 01-25-2008, 02:05 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
CLK320 / E500
Front end and back end...

I couldn't resist with that avitar of yours

Originally Posted by DevilsAngel
Old 01-27-2008, 06:39 PM

CLK but loves my Fords
I used to live in WA for a long time, Centers 3 collision center in Lynnwood does a great job and they do work for all the high end dealers but they take a long *** time and charge a little more. The best shop i went to was in lynnwood, they painted and installed my body kit on my TL years ago, I dont remeber the name but they are located on HWY 99, lynnwood, the address should be between 13000 to 15000 , its on the same side of Safeway on 99 just South of safeway. They charged me 500, no tax to install and paint the whole body kit.
Old 01-27-2008, 06:43 PM

CLK but loves my Fords
There is a bunch of little shops in Lynnwood that do a decent job for very cheap, I know one shop towards mountlake terrace i think it was between like 212th or 216th and 228th, its east of hwy 99, kinda hidded, an old korean guy runs it, he can barely speak english, he did a decent job but does work for dirt cheap. Just in case you want to check him out, its a very very small old looking shop hidden east off HWY 99, I think its considered Lynnwood still but its near Terrace.

Last edited by JYOO; 01-27-2008 at 06:46 PM.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
500E Signal Rot
FWIW, I have had Kellys Autobody in Bellevue do repair work on at least three cars. This includes body work and paint, although nothing custom. Their prices and quality of work were excellent. I was impressed with their work.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:55 AM

2000 ML430
I'll see if I can find the name of the one we used for our ML. They had to replace the fender, both passenger doors and cut out/replace the B-pillar due to a parking lot crash (yes. $12,000 in damage in a parking lot).

In this pic you can see how the floor is buckled at he B-pillar.

All sorts of things were tweaked from the crash

Most of it looked sort of minor until you really look at how everything was bent and misaligned. Lots of hours of labor including some time on the frame jig to get the body straight on the frame.

The ML was black and it was spotless when we got it back. It looked just like new. This is what it looked like the day we picked it up from the shop with the completely repaired right side.

They are in 99 in Kent/Federal Way area if I recall... They came recommended to me from another family of MBZ owners that had work done there.