CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

New Projector Adjusting...Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 10:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2000 CLK 3.2
New Projector Adjusting...Help

I'm so sick of destroying my finger tips and shredding them down with these stupid metal knobs that barely move in order to adjust these damm lights.

Does anyone local want to meet up and help me with a tool that they have found that will aid in the adjusting?

I just recently installed some HID 6000k's and they look sick with these lights but all they do is accentuate the fact that they are not level and not focused.

What I really hate about these lights is that they did not came with instructions or tools to adjust them...and given the very tight area to work with it is hard to fit any pliers or screw driver to make it work.

HELP
Old 04-02-2008, 10:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
w208
Originally Posted by CLK FAN
I'm so sick of destroying my finger tips and shredding them down with these stupid metal knobs that barely move in order to adjust these damm lights.

Does anyone local want to meet up and help me with a tool that they have found that will aid in the adjusting?

I just recently installed some HID 6000k's and they look sick with these lights but all they do is accentuate the fact that they are not level and not focused.

What I really hate about these lights is that they did not came with instructions or tools to adjust them...and given the very tight area to work with it is hard to fit any pliers or screw driver to make it work.

HELP
ya mine SUCK at lightin the road right now..i cant see SH*T....i was hopin id be able to adjust them properly tomorrow after i get my 6000k HIDs put in as well....ill let u know how it goes and if i can give u ne tips sam
Old 04-02-2008, 10:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 3.2
Originally Posted by deyainrdy4ds
ya mine SUCK at lightin the road right now..i cant see SH*T....i was hopin id be able to adjust them properly tomorrow after i get my 6000k HIDs put in as well....ill let u know how it goes and if i can give u ne tips sam

After you install your HID's you will see a huge difference in visibility...in fact with mine I light up the freeway signs up above which is probably to much but I think with some adjusting they will be somewhat normal in terms of not lighting up everything in my path...but I think the problem is that these 6000k's are just really bright and light ****e up in a major way.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clk320
I have mine aimed perfectly and I used a stubby phillips head. The trick is though to turn the actual phillips head screws on the back of the gears rather than trying to turn the gears themselves. The screws are welded on or something and are pemanantly attached so dont worry about em coming off. They will save your fingers and make the job so much easier and quicker...
Attached Images  

Last edited by ClkE20; 04-02-2008 at 11:19 PM.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

w208

After you install your HID's you will see a huge difference in visibility...in fact with mine I light up the freeway signs up above which is probably to much but I think with some adjusting they will be somewhat normal in terms of not lighting up everything in my path...but I think the problem is that these 6000k's are just really bright and light ****e up in a major way.
thas wut they do now with the halogens...theyre lighting up the signs above but not the road!

CLKE320...i cud use one of those screwdrivers prob..where can i get one
Old 04-03-2008, 12:32 AM

Clk320
I got mine from National Wholsale Liqidators for a dollar but any hardware store or home depot will have them. You get nice full turns with them and notice movement better because as you know, by hand they adjust sloooooooowwwww.

Last edited by ClkE20; 04-03-2008 at 12:34 AM.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yo Momma
clke20, are you in brooklyn? i gotta go to national too now. I got mine to shoot down instead of light up the apartment buildings and light people's windows lol. But they are not straight, the left is just way too off. Which screw did you play with in order to shoot it straight? i got some hids in too, and they are mad nice.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 3.2
Originally Posted by ClkE20
I have mine aimed perfectly and I used a stubby phillips head. The trick is though to turn the actual phillips head screws on the back of the gears rather than trying to turn the gears themselves. The screws are welded on or something and are pemanantly attached so dont worry about em coming off. They will save your fingers and make the job so much easier and quicker...
Thanks a million...my fingers are completely worn out and shredded up so that's to late to prevent but at least with these little screw drivers I'll be adjusting them tomorrow night correctly and seeing results.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 3.2
Originally Posted by deyainrdy4ds
thas wut they do now with the halogens...theyre lighting up the signs above but not the road!

CLKE320...i cud use one of those screwdrivers prob..where can i get one

I'm telling you that these lights with the HID's hooked up to them will shine up everything in sight...the freeway signs and the road...it's crazy. I'm going to aim them lower and direct them strait because mine are not pointing strait.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 3.2
Originally Posted by ZEEK
clke20, are you in brooklyn? i gotta go to national too now. I got mine to shoot down instead of light up the apartment buildings and light people's windows lol. But they are not straight, the left is just way too off. Which screw did you play with in order to shoot it straight? i got some hids in too, and they are mad nice.

It's the one on the far corners.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yo Momma
thanks bud
Old 04-03-2008, 04:23 PM

CLK 430
Guys what bulbs did you use? Did you just use the little metal adapter from ebay?
Old 04-03-2008, 08:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

w208
yo sam i just finished gettin my kit put in....looks sick..esp with matchin 6000k fogs....but i had no luck with the adjustment either...we tried with a normal phillips...turnt like 20 times with what looked like no change...i guess ill hafta try gettin one of those lil screwdrivers that was posted.....

for ne1 who adjusted it....was it left or right to make it lower? and was it like a lottttt of turns?

devilsangel...i just bought a brand new HID kit...left the stock xenons as is and packed away
Old 04-03-2008, 11:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yo Momma
i messed around with the big one to point the lights down, it helped a little bit but not bad as before. I need to play with the other short one for the left and right direction.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
E55 AMG (SOLD), EvoSport CLK (SOLD), 2013 GsxR 750 (SOLD)
Thumbs up

HELP

HaHaHa.... Though i don't have HIDs on my halo projectors YET, i was able to adjust might lights easily with some really thick electrical gloves on. (no, nothing like those gardening gloves).

Since day one, i've been using those stubby screw drivers, it's really helpful on the driver side, but for the passenger side, it was way easier if you use thick gloves and turn the knobs themselves. i had no choice, i ended up getting a pretty bad cut on two of my fingers cause of those freakin' things.

Where'd you buy your HIDs from? i was planning to buy crystal clear fog lamps and HIDs for both my fog lights and low beams. hoping that from time to time without getting pulled over i can just drive with my HID fog lights and angel eyes. LMAO.

p.s.- "i'm local". lol, maybe we can actually meet up next time if there's some kind of meet. if not, feel free to shoot me a message anytime bro. no worries.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:07 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
CLK320 / E500
My kits should be coming in today, and then my car should be going in for a repaint and install of the lights and HID kits next week. What I forgot to ask was what temp HID the guy bought for me... oops.
Old 04-04-2008, 04:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

w208
i bought a stubby screwdriver from lowes for like 3.50...was workin well...i just cudnt judge correctly cuz i wasnt adjustin it at nitetime...ill try later tonight maybe