CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

How can I dual/quad my exhaust?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 08:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
w208
How can I dual/quad my exhaust?

I wanna run piping like another w208 member just did with his magnaflow exhaust but my eisenmann muffler has no room since theres 2 pipes running out of it ....only option seems to be to cut a hole in the side of the muffler and just run piping from there but i dont wanna f*ck up the beautiful sound......theres no room for a true dual or quad exhaust either because the gas tank is in the way....opalw208 just ran straight pipes straight from the headers (no cats, resonator or muffler) and was able to do a quad like that but i wanna keep my eisenmann....

anyone have ne other options???

heres sum quick krappy pics of the underside if they might help...

thanks
Old 04-06-2008, 08:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
couldn't you make a hole in the top of the (if you are looking at the rear of the car the right pipe).. than run a pipe from that hole to the other end..

think it'd change the sound that much deforming only one of those tail pipes? i dont think it would..
Old 04-06-2008, 08:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

w208
top of where?

u saying to chop off the right pipe and split it? (one straight and one going to the other side of the car?)
Old 04-06-2008, 09:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts
2002 CLK430
Cutting holes in the side of a muffler will change the sound. If it’s a chambered muffler, the hole could enter the wrong cavity or cut through a baffle. Looking at the flowmaster in this photo you can see how that would happen.

For straight through design mufflers with bodies filled that are filled with sound absorption materials, you’d have to hole saw through the sound absorption material, and into the perforated pipe. Even then, the sound will be altered. Here’s a cutaway of that muffler design.

Most people use a "one in /two out" muffler design. Here's a photo of that design:

Old 04-06-2008, 09:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looking a the pics you need to go up from the right pipe(if you want to stay hidden) than over to the passenger side of the car? i'd assume you could cut a hole into the pipe on the right and then get someone who's a stud welder to do the rest..
Old 04-06-2008, 10:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

w208
Originally Posted by MarcusF
Cutting holes in the side of a muffler will change the sound. If it’s a chambered muffler, the hole could enter the wrong cavity or cut through a baffle. Looking at the flowmaster in this photo you can see how that would happen.
ya so cutting a hole on the side is DEF out...thanks

Originally Posted by imphaded
looking a the pics you need to go up from the right pipe(if you want to stay hidden) than over to the passenger side of the car? i'd assume you could cut a hole into the pipe on the right and then get someone who's a stud welder to do the rest..
yeah i think i can do a setup similiar to what others have on here...ill just have to chop off the current eisenmann tips n then reattach em ......i just dont know what to use for the other two tips..i cant find ne other eisenmann tips newhere...