CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Do not buy items off user "gate1way2"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 11:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mods delte plz

Ive sent him $2000 for 19inch brabus rims... only to recive them BENT and one tire is worn to ****!, also NO BOLTS to put them on.

3 out of 4 rims are BENT, and rashed.. while he said they are fine... its been 6 days of emails and phone calls and no reply..

Im out 2grand and wasted atleast 20$ on long distance calls calling you David, leaving msg's on your voice mail....

You claim to be busy.. but in fact im going to be busy, finding a cheap flight to come see you.

DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS GUY.

Last edited by humplok; 04-16-2008 at 09:07 PM.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 C32 gone, 06 CLS55, 16 Tesla X
This sounds ain't fun
Old 04-16-2008, 05:31 PM

CLK 430
ouch, I'd be hella pissed too. Cant you make a claim with paypal in the mean time? I've had to do it and I got most of my money back but still waiting for the rest.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2000 CLK430
DAMN Man that is not COOL AT ALL!!!
Old 04-16-2008, 07:26 PM

W220, W208, W203
This guy is something else, i just got in from out of town, my cousin just passed away, sorry that i took 6 days to reply . I have sold various items on this forum and have never had any complaints, many members have been to my home to pick up items, and i'll email you my address. As a matter of fact why don't you come to my home and let speak face to face . I sent you over 20 pictures of the wheels and the condition they were in. People from this board have came to see them and none of them claimed they were "damaged" like you said. As a matter of fact to the local guys in here Albert from TWS checked them out and offered to buy these from me when i was putting my car back to stock. You paid $2000 + $150 shipping i believe for the wheels and tires plus and extra replacement tire. I ended up paying $550 dollars to ship these out to Canada and took a loss to make you happy. When you received them you said one of the tires was cut up, that's why with the deal I was including the replacment tire. I agreed to send you out Brabus bolts and wheel locks, due to an emergency with my cousin I wasn't able to send the tire and bolts last week. The tire and bolts will be sent tomorrow guaranteed. I offered you a full refund on the wheels to make you happy. You did not want a full refund because you claimed shipping costs are to expensive. What more do you want????

Last edited by gate1way2; 04-16-2008 at 08:58 PM.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:48 PM

Thanks for contacting me David. Im sorry to hear about your week. R.I.P

As for the wheels.... I took them to a pro wheel and tire shop and they have said it couldent have been damaged like that during shipping.. clearly there is bends in the rims that you did not mention at all and these bends can only be seen at certain camera angles.

Here are some pics:

Worthless rear tire:
http://i31.tinypic.com/2ilhm3c.jpg cut up sidewalls
http://i27.tinypic.com/5pg6yt.jpg - tred wear indicator

Wheel damage:

http://i27.tinypic.com/339jdlc.jpg - inner wheel damage

Bent lip on 3 out of 4 wheels!:
http://i30.tinypic.com/nn8655.jpg
http://i32.tinypic.com/k4f702.jpg
http://i27.tinypic.com/29cknxw.jpg

Rash on front rim :
http://i31.tinypic.com/10fq49j.jpg

None of this was mentioned by the seller before payment. I would send the rims back but that would cost me 500$, aswell as the 180$ ive paid for duty/tax.. Ive got a quote to fix the 3 damaged wheels at 150$ each. I think its fair i get compensated for a portion of the fix..

You seem very legit.. ive heard nothing but good things about you and your posts here prove it, but whats right is right..
Old 04-16-2008, 09:04 PM

W220, W208, W203
Mark, you emailed me with specific pictures you wanted of the wheels before i shipped. I spent a whole afternoon taking pictures of the wheels at specific angles you requested in order to make you happy. I put up signs with your initials of MS in order to show that they were accurate. The wheels did not have those outer bends when i sent them out. They did have the tire cut from my fenders and the H&R cup kit, and the inside of one of the wheels had a deep inner wheel scratch as pictured but this doesn't affect the wheel on the outside or the ride, i bought them like that. As for the outer bends, those were not on there when they shipped via UPS. Email me so we can discuss this further, as soon as i get to work tomorrow i will post up the pictures you asked me to take so you can look at them again before they left my hands and see that the damage wasn't there.

Last edited by gate1way2; 04-16-2008 at 09:09 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 04-16-2008, 10:42 PM

damn those *****es are bent gateway is the man though..
Old 04-16-2008, 11:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2000 CLK430
I know that this is none of my business BUT...maybe you should try talking to him now that he is back from the funeral and see if the situation can be worked out.

Was insurance used during the shipment? If so then a claim should be made.

If no insurance was bought then maybe you two can come to an agreement to have the rims fixed. He did pay ALOT of extra money to get them to you so maybe you guys can work out a 50/50 deal to get the bent rims fixed. There are rim places that will do this for a pretty nice fee. All the rest of the stuff like the scrape on the inside and curbage that was disclosed of before the sale will of course be your responsibility.

I am just being the devils advocate here and not taking sides BUT, I think that you should try this method before you slander his name all over the board. Once again, I do not know either of you personally, I am just hoping to see this resolved amicably.

Greg
Old 04-17-2008, 12:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 3.2
WHACK!
Old 04-17-2008, 12:33 AM

Piece of SH*T
No way david you selling some BS wheels?!? haha Jk man...I can vouch for him! hopefully ya'll can clear this up.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:27 AM

David is a nice guy, when he is around..

We are fixing this problem via email and im sure everything will be fine

Thanks for your input.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:36 AM

CLK320, Honda Ruckus, pinto & BMX
JERRY! JERRY! JERRY!!!
Old 04-29-2008, 09:06 AM

well... 2 weeks later..

STILL NO BOLTS TO INSTALL RIMS

STILL NO COMPENSATION FOR 3 BENT RIMS, THAT ARE BEING FIXED FOR 450$

STILL NO REAR TIRE

All i get is bull**** half assed emails..

stay clear from this guy, seems like he is a nice guy but is just lazy as **** and doesnt come through with anything he promises
Old 04-29-2008, 11:38 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
CLK320 / E500
Did you go after the shipping company for the bent rims if he said they weren't bent when they left his possesion?

Originally Posted by humplok
STILL NO COMPENSATION FOR 3 BENT RIMS, THAT ARE BEING FIXED FOR 450$
Old 04-29-2008, 02:01 PM

W220, W208, W203
Mark your full of it man. I offered to send out the replacement tire and the bolts as promised when you first opened this thread. You told me that you no longer wanted the replacment tire and responded with a reply that you wanted to buy two new Falken tires from a local seller instead and you needed the money by 4/30 or else he was going to sell the tires on ebay. So i didn't send the tire or the bolts, because you didn't WANT THE TIRE ANYMORE! You then responded to me a couple of days ago wanting me to pay $400 dollars for the repair of the wheels that were damaged. I told you I had to think this over, a week before you re-opened up this thread. I offered to pay $300 to fix your wheels (which I don't have to pay) just to be nice and YOU REFUSED!! You said it was not enough. I don't just sit in front of the computer all day i'm not a student as you are. I'm sorry it takes me 1-2 days to respond but I have been responding to you. Mark you keep asking for different things on different days, i have all your emails saved.
First you wanted the replacement tire and bolts,
then a new set of Falkens from a local seller instead,
then $300 for repairs, later changed to $450 for repairs,
and now $400 for repairs..WTF?
I even offered to give you a full refund on the wheels!! and you refused this because of shipping charges!! It doesn't make sense that your willing to spend $450 to "fix" these supposedly damaged rims, but won't fork over $500 to ship them back for a full no question refund?? Something sounds "Fishy"
Here are the pics you ask me to send before I shipped, this is how the wheels looked before they went out:
Attached Thumbnails Do not buy items off user "gate1way2"-client-134.jpg   Do not buy items off user "gate1way2"-client-137.jpg   Do not buy items off user "gate1way2"-client-138.jpg   Do not buy items off user "gate1way2"-client-139.jpg   Do not buy items off user "gate1way2"-client-140.jpg  

Do not buy items off user "gate1way2"-client-141.jpg  

Last edited by gate1way2; 04-29-2008 at 02:26 PM.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:07 PM

W220, W208, W203
more pics of wheels right before they left:
Attached Thumbnails Do not buy items off user "gate1way2"-client-142.jpg   Do not buy items off user "gate1way2"-client-143.jpg   Do not buy items off user "gate1way2"-client-154.jpg   Do not buy items off user "gate1way2"-client-155.jpg  
Old 04-29-2008, 04:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 430
bend repairs should be about $85 each in socal...maybe you should find a more resonable place to get the lips fixed, as for david, i can vouch for him since i have bought a few things from him.

this is why i do local sales, a few years back i sold my brabus rim and the buyer then called me to tell me one of the wheel is bent??? they were fine when it left my place.....too much hassel to ship wheels then have all this trouble.....and shipping aint cheap either.

i say with the additional shipping that David ate, you are pretty close to being even, let David send you the additional tire and bolt, and call it a day.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:18 PM

W220, W208, W203
Thanks for the Vouch George, unfortunately yes this will be my last set of wheels i will ever ship. This has turned out to be a headache with this guy. The wheels were not bent when I shipped them, Albert from TWS even took them off for me and put my stockers on, and offered to buy them from me. I'm pretty sure if they were bent he wouldn't have offered either. Also, another member from the forum, i'll try to look up his name came by and looked at them but didn't offer full price like this guy offered. I should have just sold them to the local guy for less and would have never had this problem. I shouldn't have been greedy..lol
Old 04-29-2008, 05:14 PM

Piece of SH*T
damn damn damn....David you scam! haha jk! I give you a Cool guy I don't think he'll rip someone off for a few bucks cause this guy is...BALLIN!
Old 04-29-2008, 05:41 PM

W220, W208, W203
hey dubs, how you've been? you still got the clk? If i was ballin I would have a tight NSX sitting in my garage like somebody.... I sold my all of my benz's, and have jumped the ship to BMW now. I hardly come on here anymore but recently this crazy guy from the wheel sale emails me and starts saying that he's going to post a thread about me, so i come by and check it out. It shouldn't bother me but it does because I might end up buying another benz in the future and i'll be back. I don't want to have a bad rep for a being a scammer or anything.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
From the outside looking in, Gate1way2 you have bent over backward to resolve the issue. You offered a refund? You offered $300 to fix the rims too? WOW.

I can only say you bent more than this guy:

Old 04-29-2008, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by CurYousGee
bend repairs should be about $85 each in socal...maybe you should find a more resonable place to get the lips fixed, as for david, i can vouch for him since i have bought a few things from him.

this is why i do local sales, a few years back i sold my brabus rim and the buyer then called me to tell me one of the wheel is bent??? they were fine when it left my place.....too much hassel to ship wheels then have all this trouble.....and shipping aint cheap either.

i say with the additional shipping that David ate, you are pretty close to being even, let David send you the additional tire and bolt, and call it a day.

The additional shipping what at his fault for not quoting me properly. he said it would be 300$ that we should split it, later on finding out its 525$.

I am a honest student and do not lie. As you can tell from my pictures above it would be hard to see the bends from different camera angle pics.

I have spent 2300$ and have had these rims in my small condo for many many weeks now, no tire, or bolts, or any compensation.

I think bolts, and 400$ paypal is more then fair, i must first fix the rims(450$), and then buy 2 new tires(atleast 450), ontop of the 2300$ ive already spent!

Thanks for your time
Old 04-29-2008, 09:40 PM

Well' you can't please everybody.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 430
Mark, it looks like David was going to:

1. Compensate you $300 ( which should be enough to cover the lip repair, shop around for a better deal)
2. Plus send you the bolts (which will run you almost $100)
3. And send you an extra tire which should be worth about $100-$200 if it was
new or used.
4 And I assume he was going to ship all that at his cost on top of eating the extra unexpected charges.

So total, you will only be out $100 if you went to that repair shop, and David is out his extra shipping charges. Slap on the extra tires and the bolts, and you are up and running for a total of $2400, more than what was expected by $100, but probably the best case scenario given the situation.

Sounds fair to me, I know it may have seem like he wasnt responding, but he had a family emergency, and from a buyers perspective I know it can be a bit frustrating and make things seem suspect, but the alternative is **** off David, so he doesnt do anything for you and end up spending an extra $400 for rim repair, $230 for an extra tire, and $100 for bolts, bringing your total to $3030.

Not sure what David is willing to do now that all this laundry has been aired out.

Last edited by CurYousGee; 04-30-2008 at 01:03 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Do not buy items off user "gate1way2"