CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Can anyone recomend a GREAT body shop in Atlanta

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 02:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk55 AMG Designo Cab.
Can anyone recomend a GREAT body shop in Atlanta

I have a CLK CAB AMG that was hit in the rear. Any recomendations would help.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2000 CLK430
PM Chappy, MBenzman or DaGuitarist, they are all in ATL and should be able to help..hopefully.

Greg
Old 04-16-2008, 03:00 PM

clk55 AMG Designo Cab.
Thanks Greg,
Old 04-16-2008, 03:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts
AMG
Others might disagree with me, but if I ever get into an accident my car will go to Sports & Imports.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:31 PM

clk55 AMG Designo Cab.
Thanks Chappy,
They are on my list. I understand they are the only "Benz" certified one in ATL. Rich recomended Performance Collision. Any thoughts?
Old 04-16-2008, 03:34 PM

'00 CLK430 & '08 Lexus RX 350
ATL Collision Shop

Chappy / Zach and a few others in town can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the only Mercedes-Benz “Approved Collision Repair Facility” in town is Atlanta Classic Cars in Duluth. If you are footing the bill and cost out of pocket is a major factor I'd certainly check out Chappy's Sports & Imports.

I have had two visits to ACC in the last year. One a rear end collision where a paper delivery truck rolled down a hill and into my parked baby and then after t-boning a woman downtown that decided she didnt care for red lights!

These guys are friendly and very professional and did a beautiful job on both repairs. Call Denise Nakajima, Steve Henry and or Tom Keenoy and please tell them Matt Minton recommended them. They will treat you right and being the only MB dealer in town with a collision dept....they know what they are doing! And if the accident was the fault of another driver.....I'd demand your car goes there and nowhere else! Of course thats my own opinion. My car will be going to ACC for any and all repairs, epecially in any case someone else is footing the bill!

Here''s a link...
http://www.atlantaclassiccars.com/ou...ge=s_collision

Best of luck and sorry to hear about the accident

Last edited by MMM430; 04-16-2008 at 03:44 PM.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by baitch55
Thanks Chappy,
They are on my list. I understand they are the only "Benz" certified one in ATL. Rich recomended Performance Collision. Any thoughts?
<Fortunately> I haven't had to use the services of either. I've toured the Sports & Imports facilities a few times over the years with the local MBCA club and have met Mr. Hamilton several times. Depending on how bad the damage is....S & I has the Celette benches.

That being said, I don't have any experience with either. BTW, I do trust Rich - he takes care of my mini-fleet, reduced by one recently.

Good luck in your decision.

Last edited by Chappy; 04-16-2008 at 03:52 PM.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:42 PM

clk55 AMG Designo Cab.
Thanks Matt,
It was the fault of the other driver so I want to take it to someone that will only use MB parts and is highly recommended. I was stopped at a light and planning on turning right when he hit me. Not real hard but cracked the bumper cover and very slightly bent the trunk
Old 04-16-2008, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by MMM430
Chappy / Zach and a few others in town can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the only MB bodyshop in town is Atlanta Classic Cars in Duluth.

I have had two visits to ACC in the last year. One a rear end collision where a paper delivery truck rolled down a hill and into my parked baby and then after t-boning a woman downtown that decided she didnt care for red lights!

These guys are friendly and very professional and did a beautiful job on both repairs. Call Denise Nakajima, Steve Henry and or Tom Keenoy and please tell them Matt Minton from CNN recommended them. They will treat you right and being the only MB dealer in town with a collision dept....they know what they are doing! And if the accident was the fault of another driver.....I'd demand your car goes there and nowhere else! Of course thats my own opinion. My car will be going to ACC for any and all repairs, epecially if someone else is footing the bill!

Here''s a link...
http://www.atlantaclassiccars.com/ou...ge=s_collision

Best of luck and sorry to hear about the accident
Tom Keenoy used to be at S & I.

Looks like the OP has another quality choice now....
Old 04-16-2008, 03:50 PM

clk55 AMG Designo Cab.
I trust Rich completely as well. He has always worked on all my Benz'. My 83 Turbo D. Next my 90 560SEL and know my 02 55 AMG CAB. They are the best.
With that said, I am considering Perf. Coll. most of all. It is not a lot of damage and I really appreciate all the help.