CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Pioneer Premier F90BT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK320, Honda Ruckus, pinto & BMX
Pioneer Premier F90BT

love this unit!
bluetooth built-in, navi without east/west disc, ipod wired up, touch screen
plays, dvd,cd,mp3,SD card slot...
Voice Recognition
this ***** is great! fits perfect! costed me $1100 with install
Old 08-28-2008, 06:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
w208
wow..great features n for a great price...... bluetooth built-in, navi without east/west disc, ipod wired up, SD card slot.Voice Recognition......thas all sht my avicd3 doesnt have... anyone wanna buy mine lol. ....
Old 08-28-2008, 09:21 PM
Almost a Member!

'02 MB CLK 320
I mean this in the nicest way, you suck dude you beat me to the punch i was hoping to be the first on the forum with it... oh well great minds think alike i guess. Could you post a couple of pics of the interface and display? Sweet unit How much did you pay for the unit by itself, I have seen it online for 700.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:48 PM

CLK55 / E350 Coupe
Originally Posted by deyainrdy4ds
wow..great features n for a great price...... bluetooth built-in, navi without east/west disc, ipod wired up, SD card slot.Voice Recognition......thas all sht my avicd3 doesnt have... anyone wanna buy mine lol. ....
Im waiting on the new Z3. I need a flush look with no volume ***. Its gonna have all the feature of current lineup with a 7"+ screen. OMG!
Old 08-29-2008, 05:52 PM

2000 ML430
Oh.. I have to keep an eye on this thread. So.. this worked with the goofy MBZ fiber audio components?
Old 08-30-2008, 06:17 PM

yeah,.. the place sells the unit for $999 plus tax but free install...
i'd got the pioneer F900bt at first but the mic that hooks into the unit was defective.. so i'd waited a week for them to get more in, soon after they replaced it with the premier F90bt.. which is better.. cause of the ipod wire that was included..
well, yeah.. i still like the volume knob.. still old school.. the Z series cost too much for me and some things are not integrated into the unit like this one..
if you guys are interested.. i think i've seen some on ebay for about $800 for the unit itself.. but be aware... if you install it and some things are defective..(such as my mic, which i wasn't able to use the voice recognition or the bluetooth phone) its gonna be a huge b!tch to return the unit... thats why i'd got it at a local stereo shop just in case of that matter.. luckily i did...

a few people got the F series unit and showed its features on youtube.. look it up if you guys are interested..

hope that helps.. if you guys have any questions.. hopefully i can help out, as for the install.. i don't know crap.....
as for the voice recognition.. it sucks for me only because i probably pronounce certain phrases like a retard... (figure of speech, not meaning to offend anyone)
Old 09-01-2008, 02:26 AM

2002 CLK320
Looking good...
Old 09-05-2008, 04:28 AM

W208 CLK230K Convertible, R231 SL400, W222 S450L
Does it have steering wheel control integration ?

Does it have steering wheel control integration ?
For those of us who like keeping our hands on the wheel !
Old 09-06-2008, 12:39 AM

CLK55 / E350 Coupe
I think only volume can be intergrated
Old 10-12-2008, 10:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

w208
so after some time has passed, how u like the unit? im probably gunna upgrade to this..
Old 10-15-2008, 12:27 AM

W203, W208, X204
I still have the d3 installed with bluetooth and ipod. If you have an ipod or XM that you use regularly, then you can just leave the Nav disc in all the time. Since I have a 160gb ipod, even my movies are on the ipod and the you can use the nav or phone while watching the movies.

Since my phone has voice recognition it works fine with my system. We did just install the new F90BT in my friend's Tahoe and the nav does look better.

I also like the fact that you will be able to update the system via SD card. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that it takes twice as long for the system to load since the nav is on the system. The D3 might take 20 seconds. the F90BT was closer to a little over a min.

I my opinion, if you have a D3 with bluetooth unless you can sell it for a lot it is not worth upgrading yet.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55, C63
$1100 is a nice price to pay for your unit, as it has a lot of built in goodies.....

the only thing I don't like about it is the fact that the huge knob takes away from the the screen being the full size of the unit......

but heck, for $1100??? can't beat that =)
Old 10-15-2008, 05:57 PM

CLK but loves my Fords
Originally Posted by scottster77
love this unit!
bluetooth built-in, navi without east/west disc, ipod wired up, touch screen
plays, dvd,cd,mp3,SD card slot...
Voice Recognition
this ***** is great! fits perfect! costed me $1100 with install
Sorry im old school, tryin to catch up with the times
So u just bought what we see here, nothing extra for Navigation, the navi is all setup ready to go in that little screenamabobber?
Old 10-16-2008, 05:12 PM

CLK55 / E350 Coupe
When the hell are they coming out with the Z4...gawd! All my audio guys were saying december, figure i would have heard something by now.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 E350 4matic
to the OP; i am glad you really like this unit, it really looks like a good install job. i was leaning towards purchasing one too but did some research and read some user reviews on crutcfield, amazon and a few other sites - seems like there are a lot people that are not happy with it at all (load time, software glitches, etc). I ended up getting a Kenwood DNX 5120 instead. I guess they use garmin for their navigation and overall the reviews were much better.

just a heads up to anyone like me that is still in the market, do a little research and read as many first hand reviews as you can. once again i am glad this worked out for the OP, it really looks great in your car!!!
Old 10-29-2008, 07:37 PM

CLK 320
I have been watching this head unit for some time now. It seems that Pioneer has fine tuned the F90BT with the latest updates. At least thats what I am getting from reading the latest reviews. How well does the steering controls work with the unit? Were the 3 Sets of 4V front, rear, and sub preamp outputs used with the Bose amp and speakers or did they rewire the entire layout?
Any info would be great, Ron
Old 11-18-2008, 11:27 AM

i m sorry for the late reponse,.. yeah.. pioneer is taking care of that problem with the glitches, load time and some bluetooth... if you already have this unit or planning to get one.. make sure its the updated 2.0 firmware... new units will have a 2.0 on the box.. if you have purchased the first units in or around august.. its probably a good idea to go to the pioneer site and download the new firmware or have them send you the 2.0 on a SD... its FREE and will be shipped to you UPS... its great! i still love this unit! as for the steering controls.. i m sure theres some type of adaptor device out there.. i m fine with the way it is... youtube has a video , showing the difference on the updated version and the older version...
Old 11-18-2008, 11:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

w208
i m sorry for the late reponse,.. yeah.. pioneer is taking care of that problem with the glitches, load time and some bluetooth... if you already have this unit or planning to get one.. make sure its the updated 2.0 firmware... new units will have a 2.0 on the box.. if you have purchased the first units in or around august.. its probably a good idea to go to the pioneer site and download the new firmware or have them send you the 2.0 on a SD... its FREE and will be shipped to you UPS... its great! i still love this unit! as for the steering controls.. i m sure theres some type of adaptor device out there.. i m fine with the way it is... youtube has a video , showing the difference on the updated version and the older version...
thanks i ended up getin the f90...im trying the update rite now..lets c how it goes
Old 11-18-2008, 03:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

w208
scottster...u know exactly what all the changes to the update are? it does seem like a faster boot up time and now i changed it to the "samantha" voice instead of the dude lol and she actually says the street names wich is def a nice change...... what was the bluetooth update?
Old 11-21-2008, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by deyainrdy4ds
scottster...u know exactly what all the changes to the update are? it does seem like a faster boot up time and now i changed it to the "samantha" voice instead of the dude lol and she actually says the street names wich is def a nice change...... what was the bluetooth update?
ohhh damn,.. cool, let me try out the samantha voice, i m tired of hearing jason's... saying street names would be cool...
the bluetooth update just made connecting to my blackberry alot easier...
thanks!
Old 11-21-2008, 11:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
CLK Cabrio
hey for anybody in SoCal i can get you this unit installed for around $950. that is for a new unit at a pro shop.
Old 11-22-2008, 06:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

w208
ohhh damn,.. cool, let me try out the samantha voice, i m tired of hearing jason's... saying street names would be cool...
the bluetooth update just made connecting to my blackberry alot easier...
thanks!
ya samanthas voice is a lot better...but only cuz the street names..otherwise she sux lol..

it IS def a lot faster on loading time

and bluetooth update...it still sux for me and pisses me off...sometimes it works perfect and connects without me doing anything as soon as i get into my car....sometimes i hafta connect it manually cuz it didnt do it ...and sometimes it just wont connect at all...or it connects and then disconnects for no reason....its fkin annoyin as hell and prob more dangerous drivin n tryna play with it then jus drivin n talkn on the damn fone.....the bluetooth is whats been pissin me off the most but im hopin its jus cuz my motorola Q....hopefully better results with the blackberry storm wen i get it
Old 11-25-2008, 09:58 PM

clk 430
do u guys think the f700bt would fit like the f90bt? and does anyone know the difference between the two besides the dvd capability?
Old 11-26-2008, 12:11 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
01 clk 430
Hi guys, quick question. Does this unit require an external mic. for commands and using blue tooth connectivity like the z series units do? If so, how and where did you guys install them? I am really leaning towards a z3 unit but the questions never seem to end.

As for the steering wheel controls, I believe this item will convert from MB to pioneer units to allow access to steering wheel controls.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PAC-SWI-PS-Pione...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 11-26-2008, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by clkpharm
do u guys think the f700bt would fit like the f90bt? and does anyone know the difference between the two besides the dvd capability?
i believe the 700bt will fit, like the f900 and the f90... all of them are practically the same unit with different features.. i think the f700bt doens't have dvd reader and 3d navi landscape, the F90 comes with ipod connection wire... included..

as for the MIC, yeah.. there is a external mic.. the stereo shop installed it right above my head... (top left corner, below the visor)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: Pioneer Premier F90BT