CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

trans problem need help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2009 | 12:30 AM

2019 E450
When the tranny pressurizes, if the o-ring is bad, it pushes fluid up the harness to the TCU. Wear and tear item. Supposedly very very common. Will cause problems from minor 'that was weird' to 'damnit I need a new computer'. The new design plug (I think) has better o-rings installed. It is located under the pan; forward passenger side corner of Trans. Very very easy job when pan is dropped for service. In my views $6 worth of prevention is worth $1000 of cure.
Old 07-22-2009 | 10:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK430
Originally Posted by unlukky
When the tranny pressurizes, if the o-ring is bad, it pushes fluid up the harness to the TCU. Wear and tear item. Supposedly very very common. Will cause problems from minor 'that was weird' to 'damnit I need a new computer'. The new design plug (I think) has better o-rings installed. It is located under the pan; forward passenger side corner of Trans. Very very easy job when pan is dropped for service. In my views $6 worth of prevention is worth $1000 of cure.
DAMN!! You are right about the prevention part, I will have to place this on my list of things to replace ESPECIALLY at that low price!

Thanks again,
Greg