CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Custom Dials

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 05:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
2000 CLK 320
Custom Dials

Anyone know anything about where to get custom dials?

Anyone familiar with this company?

http://www.speedofixer.co.uk/customdials.html
Old 08-06-2009, 07:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 clk430
hopefully big mike1979 will chime in I believe he has these don't know if he installed them yet. I want to get a set myself.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...TQ:MOTORS:1123
Old 08-06-2009, 12:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'00 Mercedes 430/55 clk cabriolet
Hi Williams.

You probably haven't seen my album but I have a set of custom dials with LED lighting.
The company mentioned is the same one in the UK that carried out my conversion for me. The only problem is that the LED bulbs can be tricky to stay lit. Like you have found that the LED liscense plate bulbs throw a fault code, these bulbs 'blink' after a few months. Not all of them, on my car it was just the one that lit up the speedo needle.
I've had them changed, which the guy was good in doing, but he did say the W208 cars don't like them (don't know about W209).
He's changed his supplier a couple of times but each time the same thing happens. Surprisingly not all cars with LEDS 'blink'. My second set which I got in March '09 have been OK so far.

Alternatively you could keep the yellow bulbs that are in your dash because it would still look good, only not as bright. Mine look fantastic at night!

The dash back ground whether AMG or custom are good quality.

There was a link somewhere of a guy who made his own including putting blue LED bulbs through out the whole dash and console.

Here's mine:
Attached Thumbnails Custom Dials-22022009063.jpg  
Old 08-06-2009, 07:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 320
Originally Posted by Pauljay
Hi Williams.

You probably haven't seen my album but I have a set of custom dials with LED lighting. The company mentioned is the same one in the UK that carried out my conversion for me. The only problem is that the LED bulbs can be tricky to stay lit. Like you have found that the LED liscense plate bulbs throw a fault code, these bulbs 'blink' after a few months. Not all of them, on my car it was just the one that lit up the speedo needle.
I've had them changed, which the guy was good in doing, but he did say the W208 cars don't like them (don't know about W209).
He's changed his supplier a couple of times but each time the same thing happens. Surprisingly not all cars with LEDS 'blink'. My second set which I got in March '09 have been OK so far.

Alternatively you could keep the yellow bulbs that are in your dash because it would still look good, only not as bright. Mine look fantastic at night!

The dash back ground whether AMG or custom are good quality.

There was a link somewhere of a guy who made his own including putting blue LED bulbs through out the whole dash and console.

Here's mine:
You are saying you got yours from the same site I posted? I emailed several times this week and no answer. Can you call him for me? How much does it cost? I just need the cream or white face in KM only, my dial reads 260Km
I got the Blue LEDs just waiting to get a custom Face like ASAP... I would much appreciate it if you can help. Thanks

BTW: My LED License Bulbs do not have warnings. You will need LEDs that has the correct resistance or buy a resistor, not sure how many ohms is required. But of course my LED License Bulbs cost me $100 USD

Originally Posted by vizionclk430
hopefully big mike1979 will chime in I believe he has these don't know if he installed them yet. I want to get a set myself.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...TQ:MOTORS:1123
I need mine in Kilometers 260KM, that ebay store does not have them in KM, I asked So if anyone knows anything where I can get a white or cream color face please let me know. This is a part of my interior mods.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:51 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
01 clk 430
What up Will, Hey PM nastyclk or hopefully he will chime in. I know he is working on a killer DIY cluster remodel including blue needles and what not...
Old 08-07-2009, 03:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CLK W208
Whatsup will, i did mine about 4 years ago if you search the fourms you should find it. I changed them out recently to blue numbers with red led glow needles along with red displayes and pixle fix. i'll send you some pix
Old 08-07-2009, 01:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
01 CLK 430
Originally Posted by VIPclk320
Whatsup will, i did mine about 4 years ago if you search the fourms you should find it. I changed them out recently to blue numbers with red led glow needles along with red displayes and pixle fix. i'll send you some pix
How hard were the bulbs to change out??
Old 08-07-2009, 11:51 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
01 clk 430
Originally Posted by VIPclk320
Hey post those pics if you can broski.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'00 Mercedes 430/55 clk cabriolet
Originally Posted by Williams707
You are saying you got yours from the same site I posted? I emailed several times this week and no answer. Can you call him for me? How much does it cost? I just need the cream or white face in KM only, my dial reads 260Km
I got the Blue LEDs just waiting to get a custom Face like ASAP... I would much appreciate it if you can help. Thanks

BTW: My LED License Bulbs do not have warnings. You will need LEDs that has the correct resistance or buy a resistor, not sure how many ohms is required. But of course my LED License Bulbs cost me $100 USD

I need mine in Kilometers 260KM, that ebay store does not have them in KM, I asked So if anyone knows anything where I can get a white or cream color face please let me know. This is a part of my interior mods.
Hi Williams.

I called the guys mobile phone and left 2 messages. No answer as yet!
Old 08-10-2009, 05:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 320
Originally Posted by Pauljay
Hi Williams.

I called the guys mobile phone and left 2 messages. No answer as yet!
Thanks man But what's up with that They get that much business that they can't answer emails and phone calls?
Old 08-12-2009, 08:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 320
Here are the links to some companies that has custom dials.

http://www.usspeedo.com/products.php?category=SS%20Kit

http://www.sfxperformance.com/parts/...ces/page_1.htm

http://www.speedofixer.com/speedoleds.html

http://www.white-face-gauges.com/htm...dials_coc.html

http://www.blackcatcustom.ca/custom%20design.htm

Feel free to post more if you know of any.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:48 AM

Supercharged CLK430 street/show car
This style

This is the style gauge i got.Polished steel. Now im trying to replace the stock bulbs with blue leds and the blue needles with red.

Williams what type of leds did you get for your cluster. Size,beam pattern,did you need new twist bases, etc. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Custom Dials-gauges.jpg  

Last edited by nastyclk; 08-13-2009 at 03:59 AM.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 320
Originally Posted by nastyclk
This is the style gauge i got.Polished steel. Now im trying to replace the stock bulbs with blue leds and the blue needles with red.

Williams what type of leds did you get for your cluster. Size,beam pattern,did you need new twist bases, etc. Thanks
You not going to share any pictures of your cluster

Well I was going to get a LED Kit from Ebay but when I went back to the Ebay Store they were sold out. I was able to find the blue LED for only the two main bulbs but none for the smaller ones so that is why I'm looking for a place who sells the kit to make things easier.

The speedofixer site, talked to them on the phone, said that they use to sell the kit but the leds often blew so they stopped selling them. Funny but I thought the life of LEDs were supposed to last longer than regular bulbs.

So still looking for other options.

http://www.blauertacho4u.de/products...260Kmh-Di.html

Last edited by Williams707; 08-13-2009 at 10:01 AM.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK W208
Originally Posted by Williams707
You not going to share any pictures of your cluster

Well I was going to get a LED Kit from Ebay but when I went back to the Ebay Store they were sold out. I was able to find the blue LED for only the two main bulbs but none for the smaller ones so that is why I'm looking for a place who sells the kit to make things easier.

The speedofixer site, talked to them on the phone, said that they use to sell the kit but the leds often blew so they stopped selling them. Funny but I thought the life of LEDs were supposed to last longer than regular bulbs.

So still looking for other options.

http://www.blauertacho4u.de/products...260Kmh-Di.html

Hey Will, for the two small ones that are on the outsides of the cluster board you have to get the smaller leds and use different twist baces that are deeper in order to pull the bottom of the led out a little bit and also you have to modify the led base by cutting it short a little. I'll sen you the outside ones with the next package I have going out to you with the rest of the stuff. I'll post some pics of my cluster today.
Old 08-15-2009, 06:19 PM

My car is an hour away at the speed shop

My car is about an hour away at the speed shop so I dont have pictures on hand at the moment but i have to go and reinstall my upgraded blower so i can take pics when im there. They altered the color of the film so the numbers light up blue but i think it will look brighter with blue led replecement bulbs.

Vipclk320 do you have any pics of your setup yet. Like Williams Im also am looking for blue led bulbs for the gauge faces, the lcd displays and red led for the needles. I would like to see your setup and see if i like the beam pattern etc. Thanks!

Last edited by nastyclk; 08-15-2009 at 06:35 PM.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 320
My car is about an hour away at the speed shop so I dont have pictures on hand at the moment but i have to go and reinstall my upgraded blower so i can take pics when im there. They altered the color of the film so the numbers light up blue but i think it will look brighter with blue led replecement bulbs.

Vipclk320 do you have any pics of your setup yet. Like Williams Im also am looking for blue led bulbs for the gauge faces, the lcd displays and red led for the needles. I would like to see your setup and see if i like the beam pattern etc. Thanks!
Ebay Instrument Cluster Blue or White LED KIT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...FP%3AUS%3A1123
Old 08-16-2009, 05:13 PM

The pic of the gauges looks doctored

Those blue gauges from mercedesleds.com look funny. I dont think it is an actual picture of the gauges illuminated by the Leds. You have to make sure the beam pattern is correct or the gauge will look spotty and uneven. On the other hand its only $40 but I would want to talk to someone and ask a few questions or get some actual pics of the gauge illuminated at night.Thanks Ill check into these and make sure they arent POS.

This is your ride right VIP? Looking good man!
Attached Thumbnails Custom Dials-vipclk320.jpg   Custom Dials-vipclk320-2.jpg  

Last edited by nastyclk; 08-16-2009 at 06:00 PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK W208
Those blue gauges from mercedesleds.com look funny. I dont think it is an actual picture of the gauges illuminated by the Leds. You have to make sure the beam pattern is correct or the gauge will look spotty and uneven. On the other hand its only $40 but I would want to talk to someone and ask a few questions or get some actual pics of the gauge illuminated at night.Thanks Ill check into these and make sure they arent POS.

This is your ride right VIP? Looking good man!
yes thats my car but the cluster in the picture is my old cluster, i upgraded mine to the 2000+ cluster so it looks different now, i promise i will take some pictures tonight and post them.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK W208
here are the pictures of the gauges. sorry for the bad quality i used my phone camera.

and two teaser pics until the car is complete

Old 08-17-2009, 01:49 AM

Thanks VIP loooking forward to some pics

Williams you dont need to buy that LED kit through ebay the website is mercedesleds.com, I emailed the owner and asked for some other pics but he was real brief in his reply. I sent him a pic of another gauge cluster and told him this is similar to what we wanted. He replied it would look like the pic I sent which is way different than the one on their website.
Attached Thumbnails Custom Dials-leds.jpg  
Old 08-17-2009, 01:52 AM

Pretty nice VIP

So what are the size and type of bulbs you used. I want red needles also but I want the LCD screen to be blue like the gauges.

PS the front of you ride looks good!
Old 08-17-2009, 02:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 320
Williams you dont need to buy that LED kit through ebay the website is mercedesleds.com, I emailed the owner and asked for some other pics but he was real brief in his reply. I sent him a pic of another gauge cluster and told him this is similar to what we wanted. He replied it would look like the pic I sent which is way different than the one on their website.
That picture is exactly the look I want. So how did the custom cluster look with the blue numbers? How did it light up? Blue? The usspeedo rep said I don't have to buy or change my bulbs because they will light up blue naturally. Is that true?
Old 08-17-2009, 06:24 PM

Not quite as bright

I believe they just changed the film in the cluster so the stock bulbs would light up the gauge blue.The gauge is sweet man. I told them what I wanted and they pretty much nailed it.Polished steel gauge faces, silver hubs with blue needles and numbering.The only issues, I had a few bulbs out on the gauge cluster(maybe happened during shipping) which i believe caused the needles to not illuminate. The gauge illuminated blue similar to VIPCLK which looks good but I wanted a little brighter because I have blue neons and underglow in and outside of my car and when they are on the gauge isnt bright enough for the contrast of the interior blue neons. (i really need to get my car finished so I can get you guys pics, sorry), still looked good but in my opinion led with the proper beam pattern is the way to go.Nothing we cant fix ourselves though and we can probablly use the same bulbs as VIP since our film is different it might be as bright as the Pic of the gauge u liked. That is the reason I am looking for led bulbs blue for the numbers and LCD screens and I changed my mind and want red Led for the needles. You might be able to get USSPEEDO to send you a pick quicker than I can get out to my car to get one.

Last edited by nastyclk; 08-17-2009 at 06:37 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 320
I believe they just changed the film in the cluster so the stock bulbs would light up the gauge blue.The gauge is sweet man. I told them what I wanted and they pretty much nailed it.Polished steel gauge faces, silver hubs with blue needles and numbering.The only issues, I had a few bulbs out on the gauge cluster(maybe happened during shipping) which i believe caused the needles to not illuminate. The gauge illuminated blue similar to VIPCLK which looks good but I wanted a little brighter because I have blue neons and underglow in and outside of my car and when they are on the gauge isnt bright enough for the contrast of the interior blue neons. (i really need to get my car finished so I can get you guys pics, sorry), still looked good but in my opinion led with the proper beam pattern is the way to go.Nothing we cant fix ourselves though and we can probablly use the same bulbs as VIP since our film is different it might be as bright as the Pic of the gauge u liked. That is the reason I am looking for led bulbs blue for the numbers and LCD screens and I changed my mind and want red Led for the needles. You might be able to get USSPEEDO to send you a pick quicker than I can get out to my car to get one.
You are absolutely right

Old 08-18-2009, 01:25 AM

Thats my baby

Not to bad. Its custom and I had them do it over two years ago so it would match my silver car and blue neons everywhere.. I actually had to buy another cluster for them to experiment on and that is prob the one you will get. I forgot it was in KM also. It might look good with the chrome rings the go in the cluster, I thought about getting those to see.
Attached Thumbnails Custom Dials-gauge_bezel_rings_chrome.jpg  

Last edited by nastyclk; 08-18-2009 at 01:49 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Custom Dials