CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

No One Noticed - Attention to Detail - Mod Update

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 08:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
2000 CLK 320
No One Noticed - Attention to Detail - Mod Update

Before

Rear Bumper fiberglass molding modification to lower the gap between the muffler and the bumper.
The large gap was the result of having an Aftermarket AMG Bumper.

After

Old 09-04-2009, 09:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
w208
i was wondering y u were posting pics of the rear too lol..... but so wait..u filled in the round portion of the bumper?....idk it kinda makes the exhaust look like its just sitting somewhere it doesnt belong instead of fitting in snugly...i think u should just moved the muffler up some or filled in the gap some but left it rounder instead of straightening it out
Old 09-04-2009, 09:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 320
Originally Posted by deyainrdy4ds
i was wondering y u were posting pics of the rear too lol..... but so wait..u filled in the round portion of the bumper?....idk it kinda makes the exhaust look like its just sitting somewhere it doesnt belong instead of fitting in snugly...i think u should just moved the muffler up some or filled in the gap some but left it rounder instead of straightening it out
The muffler was as far up as it can go and still there was that major gap.

It is not straight, the muffler cutout portion was cut out and dropped so that it would maintain the same muffler insert lines. Maybe the picture is a bad angle but it is not straight.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

w208
ya it looks like it has a lil curve to it but makes the muffler look too low IMO ..idk.....did it turn out how u planned ? and did they lower the muffler some?
Old 09-04-2009, 10:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Supercharged CLK430 street/show car
Your car looks good man

Your car looks good man damnit it makes me miss my car even more. Yours is the closest thing i get to seeing mine!
Old 09-05-2009, 12:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 320
Originally Posted by deyainrdy4ds
ya it looks like it has a lil curve to it but makes the muffler look too low IMO ..idk.....did it turn out how u planned ? and did they lower the muffler some?
It turned out good I think. What really bothered me was that big @$$ gap, I could not stand it. It made me want to earl every time I saw it.

They did not lower the muffler. The height of the mufflers location remained the same, that's how much space was between the muffler and the bumper. The muffler is up to the max, can't go any higher.

So you would have left that big six inch gap?

Originally Posted by nastyclk
Your car looks good man damnit it makes me miss my car even more. Yours is the closest thing i get to seeing mine!
Maybe this will pressure you to get yours done.
Old 09-05-2009, 03:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Supercharged CLK430 street/show car
Believe me I dont need any more motivation

I have been building this thing for three years and it prob should have only taken a little over a year. I kept getting screwed by shops closing and parts not right etc. If there was something that could happen to slow my car down then trust me it did. I hated the rear GAP on mine also. I put on a lorinser DTM rear bumper. When I get it done I will ship it to Japan and we can cruise around in our cars looking for some fine Geishas!

This is my bumper except I had the impact strip shaved and the two slots filled in then molded on.
Attached Thumbnails No One Noticed - Attention to Detail - Mod Update-00clk430_5.jpg  
Attached Images  

Last edited by nastyclk; 09-05-2009 at 05:13 AM.
Old 09-05-2009, 09:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

w208
Originally Posted by Williams707
It turned out good I think. What really bothered me was that big @$$ gap, I could not stand it. It made me want to earl every time I saw it.

They did not lower the muffler. The height of the mufflers location remained the same, that's how much space was between the muffler and the bumper. The muffler is up to the max, can't go any higher.

So you would have left that big six inch gap?

Maybe this will pressure you to get yours done.
lol its prob about 2-3 inches...idk...it might be that top angle...maybe its better to see it in a straight back angle like the first "before" picture
Old 09-08-2009, 05:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
01 CLK 430
You're right, I should have and I'm sorry....