CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

After market head unit RCA line out to speaker wire bose amp

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 01:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts
2002 CLK430
Blue/Black is ground, yellow is 12V+.

Here are the instructions.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 E320 Sedan
I know this thread is old, but it is what I followed installing my stereo. I posted earlier that using the 4v preamp outs directly to the Bose system didn't work, however I had done something wrong. I fixed the error and it has worked perfectly since then. I don't have any type of box between the head unit and the factory wiring. Anything less than a 4v preamp output probably would need you to use the speaker outs and a line level converter.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 121 Likes on 95 Posts
2015 GL550 4matic
to Bose or not to Bose?

How did you convert the 4V Preamp RCA type outputs from the HU into speaker wire to attach to the car harness adapter?

I already have a 4-channel quality Eclipse amp so instead of using the Bose amp with OEM-2, I was thinking I would run the front door 6.5/tweet components from 2 channels, then run the rear door and deck from the other 2 channels. I don't see why not. This would just kick the rear channels of the amp into 2-ohm load, which should be fine wit a quality amp. Does anyone see a problem with that? Maybe even try to fit 8" components in the back for good mid-range, then putting my BassLink sub in the trunk.

I should be able to splice my new amp outputs into the the factory BOSE amp output wires for the door speakers right in the trunk per the diagram that is posted (big help, thanks.)

Any opinions?
Old 12-08-2011, 04:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 E320 Sedan
Originally Posted by jonUF02
How did you convert the 4V Preamp RCA type outputs from the HU into speaker wire to attach to the car harness adapter?
I soldered on some male RCA plugs to the aftermarket wiring harness. I actually had a Acura harness that had the RCA plugs and just took them from that. You could probably just cut any RCA cable and use those ends.

Originally Posted by jonUF02
I already have a 4-channel quality Eclipse amp so instead of using the Bose amp with OEM-2, I was thinking I would run the front door 6.5/tweet components from 2 channels, then run the rear door and deck from the other 2 channels. I don't see why not. This would just kick the rear channels of the amp into 2-ohm load, which should be fine wit a quality amp. Does anyone see a problem with that? Maybe even try to fit 8" components in the back for good mid-range, then putting my BassLink sub in the trunk.

I should be able to splice my new amp outputs into the the factory BOSE amp output wires for the door speakers right in the trunk per the diagram that is posted (big help, thanks.)

Any opinions?
I personally don't know the impedance of the factory speakers so would be no help here. If the amp is designed to handle 2-ohm loads then I'm sure it would be fine. Especially just powering components. Not sure how much better it will sound if any. My guess is the factory speakers hamper the sound quality more than the factory amp.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 121 Likes on 95 Posts
2015 GL550 4matic
I plan on replacing the factory BOSE speakers with regular 4ohm speakers at all locations (components in front).

I looked up the specs of my Eclipse amp and is states 40w/ch @ 4ohm, or 60w/ch @ 2ohm (13.8v power). Model 3640.

I think it's hooked up now with the OEM-2 and Eclipse Nav unit installed. I want to replace with Pioneer Nav unit and replace the speakers. I suppose I will start with replacing those and adding the sub and see how I like it with the Bose amp. It won't be too much trouble to add my amp in the trunk since the battery and speaker leads are all right there. I will just need to run the extra RCAs when I install the sub.