CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Pricing Opinion Wanted: 2001 CLK 430 Cabriolet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 10:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nothing
Pricing Opinion Wanted: 2001 CLK 430 Cabriolet

Vehicle Stats:

2001 MERCEDES BENZ CLK 430 CONVERTIBLE
ORIGINAL OWNER
ALL RECORDS AVAILABLE
24,000 MILES
SILVER EXTERIOR
GREY LEATHER INTERIOR
BLACK TOP
AMG PACKAGE
FLAWLESS INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR
NEVER SEEN RAIN
STORED WINTERS
NEW TIRES
NEW BRAKES

SELLER IS ASKING $17200.

WHAT IS A REASONABLE PRICE TO SETTLE ON FOR A VEHICLE WITH THESE STATS?

ANY ISSUES WITH THIS PARTICULAR CAR/YEAR THAT I SHOULD LOOK FOR?

THANKS IN ADVANCE
Old 11-19-2009, 02:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK430
If the car has never been painted on or damaged, it is worth that all day long. I'm unaware of any issues with this particular year, they are quite reliable. I'd buy it and run....
Old 11-19-2009, 04:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts
2002 CLK430
I'd have a dealer do a pre-purchase inspection (PPI). 2001 is a very good year. You can see the specs for that year here. $17,200 is fair for the seller. If I owned a car with under 25K miles that had never seen rain (although, living in So Cal not seeing rain may not be tough to do) . . . . From a buyer's standpoint, you want to pay as little as possible. Using that website I gave you will allow you to determine if it's loaded (K4? COMAND?), or just a low mileage V8 convertible. Let the negotiating begin!

Here are a few things that should have been done based on time, not mileage. The service should have been done every year ("A" year one, "B" year 2, "A" year 3, "B" year four, etc.). Every 2 years replace the brake fluid. Every 3 years replace the coolant. Every 4 years check the condition of the flex discs, retorque the steering gear bolts, replace the fuel filter, replace the engine air filter elements, and check the condition of the fuel filter nozzle seal in the filler neck. Every 5 years replace the spark plugs (yes, the second set of plugs are due next year). If it hasn't been done, I would have the transmission fluid and filter changed. Some dealers/owners will say it's filled for life, but they are mistaken. In 2006 or so, Mercedes-Benz changed their policy.

Sounds like a great car. Post some pictures and list the options.