CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

GHOSTRIDERS Camber Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 11:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 320 (2001) and 2015 GTR
im not bashing anyone.. i got much respect for ghostrider and vipclk320.. but you mentioned that people are changing RENNTECH part and they are not good? im not backing em up nor im advertise for em! i can't even afford em but couple months ago! can't remember the magazine! they were comparing RENNTECH AND BRABUS AND AMG AND KLENNMAN rennTECH got number one and was way superior on everything. again im not comparin your products to em but im referrin to when u said u don't think they are any good
Old 12-24-2009, 02:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts
2002 CLK430
A part really only has to be good enough to do the job it was designed for. Anything extra is over engineering. That doesn’t mean an over engineered part is either good or bad, it just means "at this point in time, it more than meets the needs of the task at hand".

Many other things play into whether something is the *best*. What does it cost, how hard is it to get, has it been tested (we can all appreciate 'peace of mind' factor), is the retailer hard to deal with, how fast can I get it, how hard is it to install, who can install it, are the instructions in English (or do I have to go Jules from Pulp Fiction), what's it's lifespan, does it degrade gracefully or will I figure out it's worn out when I veer into a tree, will replacements be available, etc.

This isn't taking sides, but rather explaining why the term best can be hard to quantify.
Old 12-24-2009, 04:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
GLK Matte Silver|MB Arts strut tower brace|MB Arts rear brace|Shaved door and bumper trim|K&N's|
Originally Posted by VIPclk320
Thats Fantastic. Congrats looking forward to seeing it. but honestly never heard of your kit until right now. And I never said it was the best without proof. if you go back and read my comments you will see this:

"I had it installed on Thursday before i headed to my 600 miles business trip. First and formost the alignment shop was very impressed with the quality of this kit and the fact that they were able to put it back to factory specs down to the dot even though my car is super low and i'm running 19x11s in the rear" which means i have real proof because i'm using it
also
"Based on the fact that I owned the K-mac, the ebay brand one amd the SPC that my friend has on his" which means i have experienced the other kits.
agian I have never heard of yours but that does not mean that yours is a bad kit.
Originally Posted by Alexbenz
ahahaha, all of a sudden everyone's a freaking engineer for nasa?? also never heard of your products and better yet who are you? just cause someone has their opinions about a product others have to get their panties in a bunch .....ahahaha
Like I said before I am not bashing your product either. This is what I was talking about "forget about all those other companies and bushing kits and wanna be camber kits, Ghostriders kit is by far way more supprier the higest quality out of all the ones that I have seen in the market."

To Alexbenz: Yes we are entitled to our opinions and that exactly what I am doing now...giving mine, so deal with it. You know just as much about me as I know about you apparently. When you start building custom one-off parts and World's firsts for MB's than you can talk trash

Last edited by GLK4MATIC; 12-24-2009 at 04:52 PM.
Old 12-24-2009, 04:47 PM

GLK Matte Silver|MB Arts strut tower brace|MB Arts rear brace|Shaved door and bumper trim|K&N's|
Originally Posted by big_mike1979
im not bashing anyone.. i got much respect for ghostrider and vipclk320.. but you mentioned that people are changing RENNTECH part and they are not good? im not backing em up nor im advertise for em! i can't even afford em but couple months ago! can't remember the magazine! they were comparing RENNTECH AND BRABUS AND AMG AND KLENNMAN rennTECH got number one and was way superior on everything. again im not comparin your products to em but im referrin to when u said u don't think they are any good
I never said they are'nt any good. Here is my quote. "Also to say that I am not one of the players is incorrect, I actually am. People are changing out Renntechs parts for mine and mine will be on a vehicle thats featured on a future taping of Forum Wars and also will be in an upcoming issue of Eurotuner in their Eurotuner GP coverage. My products have also been proven on a road course, slalom, and dragstrip in real world conditions with great results." Thats all I said when I was basically told I was a nobody.
Old 12-24-2009, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by MarcusF
A part really only has to be good enough to do the job it was designed for. Anything extra is over engineering. That doesn’t mean an over engineered part is either good or bad, it just means "at this point in time, it more than meets the needs of the task at hand".

Many other things play into whether something is the *best*. What does it cost, how hard is it to get, has it been tested (we can all appreciate 'peace of mind' factor), is the retailer hard to deal with, how fast can I get it, how hard is it to install, who can install it, are the instructions in English (or do I have to go Jules from Pulp Fiction), what's it's lifespan, does it degrade gracefully or will I figure out it's worn out when I veer into a tree, will replacements be available, etc.

This isn't taking sides, but rather explaining why the term best can be hard to quantify.

Perfectly said! That was my point from the very beginning, but people took offense right away
Old 12-24-2009, 05:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by GLK4MATIC
I never said they are'nt any good. Here is my quote. "Also to say that I am not one of the players is incorrect, I actually am. People are changing out Renntechs parts for mine and mine will be on a vehicle thats featured on a future taping of Forum Wars and also will be in an upcoming issue of Eurotuner in their Eurotuner GP coverage. My products have also been proven on a road course, slalom, and dragstrip in real world conditions with great results." Thats all I said when I was basically told I was a nobody.
Bro, that comment was meant to VIPCLK320 and not you..i should have quoted it.... Sorry for the confusion.
Old 12-24-2009, 05:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

VIP or GHOST: which one of u made that cold air intake for William????? I GOT COUPLE OF QUESTION AND I WILL PM.. I NEED TO KNOW WHICH ONE OF U THOUGH LOL.
Old 12-24-2009, 07:47 PM

Bro, that comment was meant to VIPCLK320 and not you..i should have quoted it.... Sorry for the confusion.
My apologies as well
Old 12-24-2009, 08:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
Like I said before I am not bashing your product either. This is what I was talking about "forget about all those other companies and bushing kits and wanna be camber kits, Ghostriders kit is by far way more supprier the higest quality out of all the ones that I have seen in the market."

To Alexbenz: Yes we are entitled to our opinions and that exactly what I am doing now...giving mine, so deal with it. You know just as much about me as I know about you apparently. When you start building custom one-off parts and World's firsts for MB's than you can talk trash

talking trash??? if you think that's talking trash then you must be living under a rock...your the one that came on here knocking vip's opinion and started the hating on ghost's product....while mot of us on here support others, your siting on here and hating and trying to rag on others....i could care less about world's first custom parts for mb you've made.......i'd never buy from you and would make it a point to get others not to do so either cause given by your attitude your customer service skills need to be worked on.

bit of advice, work on your people skills...
Old 12-24-2009, 10:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

what a thread........BTW BOYS... MERRY XMAS TO ALL OF U . WE ARE BROS HERE.. WE ARE JUST GIVING OUT OPINIONS..

Last edited by big_mike1979; 12-24-2009 at 10:51 PM.
Old 12-24-2009, 11:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
true except some need to brush up on their manners a little...

happy holidays
Old 12-24-2009, 11:18 PM

talking trash??? if you think that's talking trash then you must be living under a rock...your the one that came on here knocking vip's opinion and started the hating on ghost's product....while mot of us on here support others, your siting on here and hating and trying to rag on others....i could care less about world's first custom parts for mb you've made.......i'd never buy from you and would make it a point to get others not to do so either cause given by your attitude your customer service skills need to be worked on.

bit of advice, work on your people skills...
Thats a mature response. If I were you I'd watch it because your boy is not a sponsor here and therfore should not be selling products here
Old 12-24-2009, 11:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
Thats a mature response. If I were you I'd watch it because your boy is not a sponsor here and therfore should not be selling products here
ahahaha, oh is that a treat? ahahaha....ok old man go back to your rock and leave the rest of us alone before your mouth land's you into trouble..
Old 12-24-2009, 11:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reading the thread, don't know where you come off going off on the members even when your not a sponsor yourself. Even though i have a low post count i look at what the members bring to this site and your a noob. Alexbenz and the others have been around and are considered to be a OG member. I hate when i see idiots ruin a thread or a forum. I'll report anymore crap coming from your posts. It's the holidays and people need to conduct themselves better on here.
Old 12-24-2009, 11:49 PM

ahahaha, oh is that a treat? ahahaha....ok old man go back to your rock and leave the rest of us alone before your mouth land's you into trouble..
You have class! Must be what 19-25? You go ahead and say what you want about my product to all your friends. I have already directed a bunch of mine here to see your comment about telling as many people as you can not to buy them. They got a laugh out of it and are ready to call you out when you try to open your mouth about my stuff. Like I said I never made a negative comment about your friends products, but that is the level you want to play, so do it.
Old 12-24-2009, 11:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
You have class! Must be what 19-25? You go ahead and say what you want about my product to all your friends. I have already directed a bunch of mine here to see your comment about telling as many people as you can not to buy them. They got a laugh out of it and are ready to call you out when you try to open your mouth about my stuff. Like I said I never made a negative comment about your friends products, but that is the level you want to play, so do it.
go back and re-read your comments. you were basically **** blocking ghost just cause someone else said he felt that his product was considered the best. and you got butt hurt... and for the record i don't know ghost and have never meet him but i stand behind others trying to offer nice product at a great price on here. yes i have class because i was very patient with you until your little baby *** comments. I tell it as it is and don't give a crap who you are and what you do...go show that to your "customers"

always funny when others siting behind a computer try to act all tough...i'm down wasting my time on you because it's not worth it....you can keep going on and on but you'll just be typing words for no reason...

To Vip and ghost my bad for the thread....Ghost i saw the product up close and it looked great....i had the speedybenz rear's on my w210 once upon a time..
Old 12-25-2009, 12:10 AM

nice alex, good job for taking the high rd. Forget this idiot. Oh and i'm looking at getting a e63 after the c55 got trashed so i'm going to ask for your help to mod it.
Old 12-25-2009, 05:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CLK W208
VIP or GHOST: which one of u made that cold air intake for William????? I GOT COUPLE OF QUESTION AND I WILL PM.. I NEED TO KNOW WHICH ONE OF U THOUGH LOL.
I make those kits, Pm me with any questions brother.
Old 12-25-2009, 05:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK W208
GLK$MATIC, I'm done with this conversation man. this is all i will say, yes i stand behind what I say you are a nobody as you like to call it in the camber kit game and your product is not well known at all. Ghost has been on this fourm for a while and i have been on this fourm for the past 5 years and I have never ever heard of you. and if you are telling ALEXBENZ that he doesn't know anything because he doesn't make one off pieces then you have absolutly no clue who you are talking too, he was the first guy to do a w210 widebody with many other custom one off pieces of work on it, so get your facts right before talking smack. As for myself I have made many one off pieces from custom grilles, bumpers, cold air intakes and strut bars and I have a reputation for selling good products and exclusive products on this fourm and have never had a complaint from my products. I have been making one off parts from SCRATCH for the past 5 years and I still consider myself a nobody and a not a major player in the market and belive me I have way more products floating on members cars here than you will ever have. so don't think so highly of yourself and high jack a thread with your viny a$$ comments when someone is giving good reviews about a good product and if you botrher to read you will see that i just said i put this kit to heavy use for a 600 mile one way so that=1200 both ways trip on rough roads and crappy streets of down town San Fransisco. So my reviews are legit. you posted a thread about camber kits on the mymbonline.com I didn't come on there advertising my products or talking about Ghostriders product, so if you have any class you would stay your a$$ out of this conversation and let another fellow member get his good reviews and start a different thread about your product not jack the spot light from some one else like a little **** Bi***. Now go back to your wild dreams of people swapping renntech products for yours and be happy in that world.

To all the other members I would like to apologise for being so harsh, but I am just tierd of little kids like this guy just openning their mouths without thinking and just wanting to talk and argue.

Ghost Your are my main man I love this kit and my wallet is thankfull to you forever.

P.S. Big mike I got you pm me.
Old 12-25-2009, 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by VIPclk320
I make those kits, Pm me with any questions brother.
thanks vipclk JOOOOOOOOOOOOONAM
Old 12-25-2009, 02:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PM VILPCLK .. thank u
Old 12-25-2009, 03:02 PM

This all got blown out of proportion starting with one simple question. I understand that everyone on this thread is friends and are here to back eachother up, good. If a person outside of your circle asks a question let it be answered and be done. I asked a reasonable question and everyone jumped on it. I did'nt jack your thread, I was not the one who mentioned that I have a product, one of your friends brought that up. I was honestly curious to know why this kit was considered the best. I was also curious to know what materials it was made from. Thats what we want to know when we are dealing with a competitor, because it helps us possibly learn something. I mentioned that a person with a C55 dropped his 60ft so you can get an idea what to expect if one of your customers were ever curious and asked what some of the benifits are. I am all about competition because it makes us push forward to make our own products better. I have much respect for whoever's product this is because it takes skill to make something from nothing. Peoples lives count on our build quality on a daily basis and competition keeps us on our toes.

Internet conversations suck because everyone always thinks there is attitude in everything that is said and that is not how I am typing any of this. I wish you the best and hope to see your products in person sometime.
Old 12-25-2009, 06:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
2000 CLK 320
This all got blown out of proportion starting with one simple question. I understand that everyone on this thread is friends and are here to back eachother up, good. If a person outside of your circle asks a question let it be answered and be done. I asked a reasonable question and everyone jumped on it. I did'nt jack your thread, I was not the one who mentioned that I have a product, one of your friends brought that up. I was honestly curious to know why this kit was considered the best. I was also curious to know what materials it was made from. Thats what we want to know when we are dealing with a competitor, because it helps us possibly learn something. I mentioned that a person with a C55 dropped his 60ft so you can get an idea what to expect if one of your customers were ever curious and asked what some of the benifits are. I am all about competition because it makes us push forward to make our own products better. I have much respect for whoever's product this is because it takes skill to make something from nothing. Peoples lives count on our build quality on a daily basis and competition keeps us on our toes.

Internet conversations suck because everyone always thinks there is attitude in everything that is said and that is not how I am typing any of this. I wish you the best and hope to see your products in person sometime.
Your probably right, I don't remember seeing you post anything bad on mymbonline.com except for that one thread of how everyone on either benzworld or mbworld are a bunch of angry people. lol

Funny how people assume things, just as you assumed that I am a friend simply because I posted that you also make the same product.

Seeing that communication is over 60% body language, I have to admit that it is hard to understand what a person really intend to say with the absence of body language when all we have to go with is Written Text.

Maybe we can all learn from this and become better communicators and express in more detail what we are really trying to say. It probably would have went allot differently if your first post was more detailed is which direction your question was based. Otherwise you lead people to assume who the Hell are you asking a question when know one knows anything about you. I guess it would have been different if you were active on the forum and people knew who you are by establishing some respect.

I also wanted to post something similar to MarcusF but was just too busy with work where when talking about the strength of the material used in a product when a car will never reach the full potential of that said strength.

Finally, when I saw your post I knew that you made one for the CLK as well so I thought you was hating. I was going to buy from you way before I knew that Ghost made this product because the only people that I knew that made this was yours and the Lenso guy that it seems many people got screwed from. So your simple question to me read as if you was h8tng so I thought that it was important that people know you make the same product so they can understand you a little more but again if they read your intent wrong then maybe you could be a little bit more descriptive in your questions because you don't know the background of the audience you are addressing.
You also said you wanted to know more about the product from a competitor's standpoint which makes you look like a spy, kind of shady but maybe you should have tried asking him yourself??? Just an idea I thought of, hmmm Note to Self: Research to see if I can put a patent on an Idea. lol
Old 12-25-2009, 08:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK W208
You know what in the spirit of the holidays lets all just drop it i will be the first one to apologise to who ever I have offended that also includes GLK4Matic. I respecrt everyone here and their opinions, but i do feel that lately every comment has been so tense and just feels like hating, but at the end of the day the reason why i get upset about these kinds of comments is because what I do for living is 180 degrees opposite of cars, I'm an asset manager and don't have anything to do with cars. but my past experience and my love for motorsports brings me to making products that improve our cars and I only share make them and share them with others so they can get the same joy too, William707 can attest to this, he has been persuing me to mass produce my intakes and bars for a while now but I have consistantly been saying no, because I really don't do it for money i do it because it's a passion of mine and any product that make it goes on my own car first and is meant for my car and because of expressed intrest i make a few more. So thats why I belive my comments are not biosed i just want everyone to have the same great xeperience with the products that they spend money on thats all. Merry Christmas to everyone and i wish all of you success and nothing less in the upcoming year.

Regards
VIPCLK320
Old 12-25-2009, 09:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

99CLK320,
I am another satisfied customer and I am looking to install the front stabalizer bar as soon as it arrives, even though it is snowing like hell in Nebraska and I have to drive my 82 Ford F-150. Ash is a good dude and I stand behind him and his mods 100%. Merry Christmas everyone and drive safely.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GHOSTRIDERS Camber Kit