CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

racial profiling

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 01:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2001 clk 320
racial profiling

so today i leave my house right around the state police station and guess what i c?yes a road block !the staty told me to pull over cuz i was to dropped and my tints on my headlights were to dark.rather then just given me the ticket they f@#%ing tell me theyre towing my car.also that it has to be towed out once its there.after $200 the car was home safe thank god but wtf right!how many people has this happened to.is this something they can do?also does n e body know whats the legal drop height?
Old 05-14-2010, 09:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 S55 (SOLD, miss it every day), 2009 GL550
Originally Posted by jbenz2001
so today i leave my house right around the state police station and guess what i c?yes a road block !the staty told me to pull over cuz i was to dropped and my tints on my headlights were to dark.rather then just given me the ticket they f@#%ing tell me theyre towing my car.also that it has to be towed out once its there.after $200 the car was home safe thank god but wtf right!how many people has this happened to.is this something they can do?also does n e body know whats the legal drop height?
what race is your car? mine is silver, but I'm not sure to which race that equates.

anyway... what does your race have to do with getting towed? if it was night and you had no headlights they wouldn't let you drive it away, would they? same thing here, unsafe car equals no driving *anywhere*.

maybe if you ask (politely) the cops will tell you the info you are asking for here
Old 05-14-2010, 11:00 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 MB E320 BlueTec. 2011 Porsche Boxster 987. 2016 Mazda CX-5 Sport MT, 1995 BMW K75 motorcycle
How does this relate to racial profiling?
Old 05-14-2010, 12:19 PM

2013 FIAT Abarth 500
First, like other people said, what does this have anything to do with racial profiling? Stop victimizing yourself.

Second, oh noes you got stopped by the police! You are probably slammed to the ground and tinting your headlights/tails is an easy way to announce to peace officers "hay pull me over plz!" If they want to tow you, that's according to their discretion and I'm sure there's more to it than you just tinting your headlights and being slammed; even if it was just because of these things that's their prerogative. Get your car into CA requirements, pay the impound fee, and don't get stopped again...easy game. CA ride height minimum is 22", max is 54" I think.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not even going to get started with this one...
Old 05-14-2010, 06:42 PM

2001 clk 320
First off that's the reason the staty gave to me.he didn't even measure my car.he just assumed.I'm from springfield,mass and out here if ur colored and u drive a nice car ur profiled off of that.they suspect u sell drugs.the road block was was two min away from my house he easily could of given me a ticket and have told me to park the car.nut no he decides to tell me as he was bring n me the ticket that he's towing it on top of given me the ticket.he also serch my car without asking me,and told the tow truck guy that my car could nt be driven out had to be towed.I've had plenty of civics slammed to the ground and never have they taken n e of my cars.believe or not I'm the only benz that's loweredand has mods in my city.out here they keep it luxery.I tried that already and wanted to be diff so I went a diff route.I have 18s on my fronts r 255/40 and rears r 275/40 so there's no way I can be slammed enough to be towed.if I'm to low then I will raise my height I have no prob.but I feel if u didn't explain n e thing to me when it was my first time get n a ticket for the car search n it without my consent.I'm consider n it racial profile n.mind u I have the strip across the front windshield and my tint on my windows r not legal and I didn't get a ticket for that.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:58 PM

2006 E55 AMG
I cannot put into words the amount of FAIL in this thread...
Old 05-14-2010, 07:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
01 CLK 430
First off that's the reason the staty gave to me.he didn't even measure my car.he just assumed.I'm from springfield,mass and out here if ur colored and u drive a nice car ur profiled off of that.they suspect u sell drugs.the road block was was two min away from my house he easily could of given me a ticket and have told me to park the car.nut no he decides to tell me as he was bring n me the ticket that he's towing it on top of given me the ticket.he also serch my car without asking me,and told the tow truck guy that my car could nt be driven out had to be towed.I've had plenty of civics slammed to the ground and never have they taken n e of my cars.believe or not I'm the only benz that's loweredand has mods in my city.out here they keep it luxery.I tried that already and wanted to be diff so I went a diff route.I have 18s on my fronts r 255/40 and rears r 275/40 so there's no way I can be slammed enough to be towed.if I'm to low then I will raise my height I have no prob.but I feel if u didn't explain n e thing to me when it was my first time get n a ticket for the car search n it without my consent.I'm consider n it racial profile n.mind u I have the strip across the front windshield and my tint on my windows r not legal and I didn't get a ticket for that.
I understand where you are coming from, his actions were excessive in relation to the infractions. For whatever the reasons were, and I have my own ideas of why, the punishment in no way fit the crime.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:09 PM

2001 clk 320
That's exactly what everbody says.I found out that my ride height is 54 inches frm the roof to the ground.I will be printing a copy of the specs and pics of my height to beat the case hopefully.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
2000 CLK 320
I understand where you are coming from as well. Just file them in the H8ter Category, find out what the legal vehicle regulations are, and if that police was in error you should file a complaint and get your money back.

I've gotten into it with police before that have been in error and it feels so good to correct them. Knowledge is Power
Old 05-15-2010, 09:45 AM

C63
my tints on my headlights were to dark
I thought you were referring to your headlights being too dark when you mentioned racial profiling, lol.

Sucks that they towed it, good luck with the case.
Old 05-15-2010, 03:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts
2002 CLK430
I don't know if you said anything while pulled over, but if you didn't; good. If you did; in the future, I highly recommend that you don't. Nothing good is going to come of engaging in a conversation with an "officer of the law". An officer of the law is there for two reasons – to determine which laws you've broken, and to assess which penalties they can dole out for said violations. That's not being overtly rude, just don't talk. Let them do their thing and leave.

I also recommend not giving the police a reason to pull you over. Tinted headlights are a reason.
Old 05-16-2010, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK 320 (2001) and 2015 GTR
what state?
Old 05-16-2010, 02:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

u can fight it and take him to court, been there done that. he CANNOT PROFiLE U ..ITS AGAINST THE LAW
yes smoked tail lights and headlamps is a big NO NO.. he most likley towed u for safety to other people behind u (AS THEY CANT SEE THE brake lights).
i feel u, if u are in MAss and driving benzo, def, u are a drug dealer, pull him over and search him..
back in 2004, i went to 711 to get some water and gas..and since im a bodybuilder, this pig profiled me and asked me if i got drugs and steroids and ect and search my car.. Luckily there was 2 witnesses and i remembered his badge number and surprise surprise, I TOOK HIS *** TO COURT AND TRIED TO LIED AND bull**** the judge, BUT MY WITNESSES SHOWED UP AND TESTIFIED AND HE GOT THE BIGGEST WARNING OF HIS LIFE. F**K EM.
I SHOULD HAVE SUED HIM BUT DID NOT

Last edited by big_mike1979; 05-16-2010 at 02:57 PM.
Old 05-16-2010, 02:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

FYI, THE DROP HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT..U CAN HAVE A BODY KITAND CAR IS DRAGGING AND ITS OK.
ITS HOW LOW IS THE GAS TANK OFF THE FLOOR WHAT THEY MEASURE SO U KNOW.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:28 PM

2001 clk 320
that bull****!well i measured my car and im exactly 52 inches.so hopefully my pics will prove they were not taking in their jobs serious.i also forgot to mention that when he was searching my car and went and opened my trunk to look in so i took a pic of him and he had the nerve to ask me if i wanted him to pose for a pic.so i said sure and he posed holding my trunk open.will post pics to show everybody.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:54 PM

2001 clk 320
staty pullover pics

Attached Thumbnails racial profiling-staty-pullover-014.jpg   racial profiling-staty-pullover-012.jpg   racial profiling-staty-pullover-016.jpg   racial profiling-staty-pullover-018.jpg   racial profiling-staty-pullover-015.jpg  

Old 05-16-2010, 11:56 PM

His mama. Traded y0 mama in because she was squeaking.
This thread delivers.

Did you get arrested? If not, WHY, oh WHY did you let him search your car? I mean, MARXachusetts laws and all, be damned, you're still covered under the 4th Amendment. Next time, tell the cop that unless he's arresting you, OR he has a warrant, he may not search your car. If he insists (aka he gets pissy), let him search the inside of your car, but he cannot access anything that's locked, like a trunk or glove box.

Around here, we profile as well. If you don't have a rifle hanging in the rear window of your pick-up truck, you're instantly recognized as an "out of towner" and you get pulled over and harassed.

Last edited by Sathinas; 05-17-2010 at 12:01 AM.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:59 AM

2006 E55 AMG
It's called an inventory search. So you can't say the cops or tow company stole the $5k in cash and box full of Rolex watches you had in the trunk of your baller 10 year old clk.

Last edited by AreL11; 05-17-2010 at 07:01 AM.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:59 AM

2016 C450 AMG
Those headlights/ tailights do look kinda dark though....
Old 05-17-2010, 08:10 AM

2008 S550 AMG
dude, I live in New Orleans. That's just a little bit better than living in Arizona.

And OMG, I'm a black man. I do drive an S550! (Loaded)

I should be paranoid, cause we all know that the years haven't been kind to my kind. But I didn't get to drive and this car being paranoid or not taking risks.

My thoughts, good Thread; just bad Subject title.

Maybe you should have called it discrimination.

Peace!
Old 05-17-2010, 08:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 S55 (SOLD, miss it every day), 2009 GL550
Originally Posted by brownbomber
dude, I live in New Orleans. That's just a little bit better than living in Arizona.

And OMG, I'm a black man. I do drive an S550! (Loaded)

I should be paranoid, cause we all know that the years haven't been kind to my kind. But I didn't get to drive and this car being paranoid or not taking risks.

My thoughts, good Thread; just bad Subject title.

Maybe you should have called it discrimination.

Peace!
I get it... "BrownBomber"... That's awesome.

Oh wait... is your S550 brown?

My S55 is silver (used!), and I'm white. And it's true, I can't dance.
I'm married to a black woman (), and even that didn't help.

I was discussing delivery of some work papers with a coworker one time, and i mentioned UPS. He said "what can brown do for you?" He realized that he was dressed in all brown, and repeated, more enthusiastically, "What can brown do for you!?" Then he realized that he's "brown" himself (a very large ex-Division II defensive lineman), and repeated one more time, *very* enthusiastically, with a big-@ss smile on his face, "What can BROWN do for you!?!?" We could not stop laughing.

That was one of my favorite experiences in 20+ years of working. Ah... good times...

To quote the President of the United States in "Mars Attacks":

"Why can't we all just get along?"
Old 05-17-2010, 02:44 PM

2001 clk 320
What does this have to do wit my thread
Old 05-17-2010, 09:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

bro, tail lights and headlamps are dark and that u will get pulled over.
but as far as lowering, it should be fine. He def profiled your ***..... take him to court.
HE HAS NO PROBABLE CAUSE TO SEARCH YOUR CAR.. FREAKING PIGS
Old 05-17-2010, 09:47 PM

2001 clk 320
They do look dark in he pics but honestly I did one coat of spray on the tails which make them look burgundy rather then black and the headlight tint its as c through as have n 50% tint on ur windows.I think the painted black housing makes them look darker then what it really is.this sh** has got me so stressed out that I'm thinking of ditch n the whole black and silver look to chrome headlights,oem rears,clear side markers alloy grill and for wheels.my brabus replicas.I don't know what to do.n e opinions mb world???

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: racial profiling