CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Service A and Service B maintenance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 01:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 MB CLK 430 and 04 Infiniti G35
Service A and Service B maintenance

Its time for my Service A maintenance - Exactly, what does these services entail? After reading the maintance book, it seems as though Service A is an oil change, plus checking other items.. Do I really need to take my Benz (02 CLK 430) to a dealer to perform these services??

Thanks
Cynthia
Old 10-16-2010, 02:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
07 E63 06 CLK55 Cab 03 P-car C4S
For A svc, I'd ask for synthetic oil change-probably around $90-100.
The other items such as topping off of fluids usually not that big a deal other than windshield fluid, I think. Rotating tires is your call, assuming yours are not staggered. For B svc, I think it's A svc interior air cabin filter and wipers. Others can chime in, but most appear to be inspections that dealers should/do anyways if they want you to spend more money (ie new brake pads, tires, etc).
PL
Old 10-16-2010, 03:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
300E a couple 1994 w124wagon E320 Wagon/,1971MGB Track/Rally, MG Midget Autocross ,2000 E320 wagon.
A woman that

reads the service manual
You are correct and no you don't need the dealer.
If you don't do it yourself find a good independent Mercedes shop
(post where you are located and someone in your area will have a good shop to point you towards)
How many miles on the car and age are also determining factors on what needs to be performed.
8years How many miles?
mobil 1 0w40 wt synthetic oil fleece filter
Good idea to ask here before you have any service done hate to see you taken advantage of
Old 10-16-2010, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by ohlord
reads the service manual
You are correct and no you don't need the dealer.
If you don't do it yourself find a good independent Mercedes shop
(post where you are located and someone in your area will have a good shop to point you towards)
How many miles on the car and age are also determining factors on what needs to be performed.
8years How many miles?
mobil 1 0w40 wt synthetic oil fleece filter
Good idea to ask here before you have any service done hate to see you taken advantage of
LOL - thanks guys for the feedback. Yes, I'm all over my manuals. Ihave about 75k miles on my car now. I've had the service A and B done at Mercedes since I purchased her in 05 and it was ridiculous. I'm thinking since I was a new Mercedes owner, I had to take it a dealership. I'm in Dover, Delaware, so I will try to locate an independent dealer -

Another question for you - I'm not sure whats wrong, but now she wont start - I turn the ignition key and the dashboard lights up, I hear a little noice, but nothing - does that mean I need a new battery? (I have another post out there asking for help)
Old 10-16-2010, 10:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
07 E63 06 CLK55 Cab 03 P-car C4S
i'm no auto expert, but from personal experience it sounds like starter and/or battery...i went thru similar experience w/ my wife's bmw, and started w/ new battery...but eventually ended up changing the starter as well. Good luck, and let us know how it works out.
PL
Old 10-16-2010, 10:26 AM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by bzliteyear
i'm no auto expert, but from personal experience it sounds like starter and/or battery...i went thru similar experience w/ my wife's bmw, and started w/ new battery...but eventually ended up changing the starter as well. Good luck, and let us know how it works out.
PL
OK - sounds good!! thanks much. I'll purchase a battery (might even try to replace it myself) , -its 8 yrs old, its time. But I gotta do some research on a "starter" - where is that (stop laughing and shaking your head) , point me to alink - let me pull out my manual - is it easy to change?? I'm likin' this DIY and keeping my money in my pocket..
Old 10-16-2010, 10:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
300E a couple 1994 w124wagon E320 Wagon/,1971MGB Track/Rally, MG Midget Autocross ,2000 E320 wagon.
Try having it jump started

use the post in the engine compartment and follow directions in the owners manual.Most likely the battery.Unless when it is running the little battery warning light is on then it is the alternator(less likely)
1-800-FOR-MERCEDES roadside is free labor and shop cost for the proper vented battery.A good deal
or if diy call interstate battery and they will have one the proper CCA however you will need to resync all your windows and radio code and reset the steering angle sensor again found in the owners manual.
Roadside MB is free for the life of the car even for the non original owner.
if you diy make sure the vent tube is installed.

if no services since 05 you need coolant flushed brakes flushed power steering flushed and new air filter
cabin filter is okay
brake wear should be inspected
also time for plugs since they are 5year or 100k mile items whichever comes first.
pm me if you want to try it yourself.

Last edited by ohlord; 10-16-2010 at 11:02 AM.
Old 10-16-2010, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by ohlord
use the post in the engine compartment and follow directions in the owners manual.Most likely the battery.
1-800-FOR-MERCEDES roadside is free labor and shop cost for the proper vented battery.A good deal
or if diy call interstate battery and they will have one the proper CCA however you will need to resync all your windows and radio code and reset the steering angle sensor again found in the owners manual.
Roadside MB is free for the life of the car even for the non original owner.
if you diy make sure the vent tube is installed.

if no services since 05 you need coolant flushed brakes flushed power steering flushed and new air filter
cabin filter is okay
brake wear should be inspected
also time for plugs since they are 5year or 100k mile items whichever comes first.
pm me if you want to try it yourself.
thanks I can do that. I've had services done since I purchased her, but they were just crazy prices.. I appreciate your assitance and willle tyou know how it turns out..
Old 10-16-2010, 04:24 PM

thanks!!

Thanks very much guys for your feedback!! - It was my battery. and YES I changed IT!!!! My baby is running again.. I'm so proud... LOL