CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

99 CLK 430 Hydraulic oil level light?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 03:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz CLK 430
99 CLK 430 Hydraulic oil level light?

This light comes on every time I start the car. Power steering level is good. I am not sure what is wrong. The car drives great, no noises, no leaks I can see. Can this be a bad sensor? Also, the light displays what looks like a steering wheel and the oil symbol. Any ideas?
Old 10-26-2010, 11:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 80 Likes on 64 Posts
2002 CLK430
Hydraulic oil and a steering wheel? You have the older style display, and I don't know what those warning lights look like. On a new display
  1. If the adjustable telescopic steering column isn't locked, that will display a steering wheel, but there is no oil involved.
  2. The brake fluid warning looks like a wheel. If the fluid is low, the pads may be worn as well (the fluid level in the reservoir decreases as the pads wear).
You may want to update the post with the location of the warning light (second from the bottom on the left for example). Someone with that display may be able to help you with that info.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz CLK 430
The waring light is comes on when you first start the car on the dash board center display. The display says " hydraulic oil then has in the middle what looks like the MB oil symbol and on top looks like a circle with two lines coming fom the middle to the edge like a steering wheel. Leavel is on the other side of the symbol.

This is a 99 maybe thats why it is different. Still I have checked all fluids and breaks look good. Could this have something to do with just replacing the breaks? Any ideas would be helpful and thanks MarcusF for the reply!