CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

New COMAND Install by Steve. Manual time setting?..other ?s

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2003, 06:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 CLK
Question New COMAND Install by Steve. Manual time setting?..other ?s

I drove down from Boston to New Jersey last week to get my Euro Comand installed by Steve. Steve did an amazing job with the install and everything works well. More pictures can be viewed if you follow the link below.
http://home.paradigmx.net/gallery/vi...umName=JoseCLK

How do you set the time manually? Currently its acquiring it off the GPS and since its a euro version, I can only select European countries and time ends up incorrect. Steve set it manually somehow, but I somehow messed that up.

What are the little arrows on the numeric pad? What are they for? Is there any way to pan around the navi map and see upcoming roads or nearby roads?

Also, how are all your retrofitted COMAND AUX inputs working out? Everything sound ok as far as volume level, extra static, etc?

Any other tricks/tips in regards to COMAND is welcome also. I’m assuming the TMC function wont work in the US. I should have got the manual, I was able to figure out most of it myself since its pretty easy.
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails New COMAND Install by Steve. Manual time setting?..other ?s-josecomand.jpg  
Old 06-09-2003, 06:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 GL450
The numbers are for the phone, and the arrows are for the navigation system. You can select an area you would like to go and the Nav system will direct you. You can locate Gas stations ATM and special points of interest. The system even knows what type of Gas station, Chevron, Shell, AM/PM, ect...

I don't know how to set the time manually I tried it once but it didn't work. The GPS over rides it.

I can only suggest calling Steve.
Best of luck to ya,
Tim
Old 06-09-2003, 06:43 PM

2001 CLK
I just figured out the manual time setting, i think. Choose any country then de-selct the auto time function. Hope this works. I havent tried driving around with navi, so hopefully it wont reset back. I'll give it a try tomrorow.
Old 06-09-2003, 08:33 PM

2001 CLK430
Looks great Jose. Brendan tells me I need one too
Old 06-09-2003, 10:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Sorry, I don't have anything useful to add to this thread, except:

This should serve as an indication to people interested in a COMAND... buy a manual!

-s-

Last edited by scorchie; 06-09-2003 at 10:17 PM.
Old 06-10-2003, 01:26 AM

CLK320 & SLK230
Hello

I m just wondering is there any diff. between euro ver. and us version on the comand ???
thank you ^^
Old 06-10-2003, 02:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
W213 '17 E43 ///AMG - W211, W208 no more
i think... the euro version has RDS, in addition, an enabled TV button.... not sure of any other differences.... Steve can probably list a few more
Old 06-10-2003, 04:28 AM

CLK320 & SLK230
may i know what is RDS ???

and can we upgrade our comand in order to watch TV program and vcd/DVD ????

thank you
Old 06-10-2003, 04:32 AM

CLK320 & SLK230
also , i just found out this site

http://www.nav-tv.com

what do u guys think ???? good or not ????
thx
Old 06-10-2003, 07:33 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
RDS is somekind of information broadcasted by some radio channels (might give you the station name...singer and song...advertisement...traffic info...stock exchange...) but in the US this system is hardly used (it was quiet a surprise to see how few stations actually broadcasted with RDS data). You cannot upgrade your US comand with RDS.

For those with a US comand: go to your MB dealer and have them activate the TV button...it is as simple as that.

Timesettings: Make sure that you have GPS reception when you set the time (otherwise every single timesetting will be overruled as soon as GPS signals are received). Go into the SYS menu - timesetting - go to the displayed minutes - push once on the rightside knob - turn the knob till you have the proper time - voila, done.

The arrows at the numberpad: select a destination and before starting the navigation feature or saving the destination select the map option - zomm all the way in - and use the arrows to select the exact position where you want to go to...
Or just use those arrows when selecting a destination from map.

greetingz,
Old 06-10-2003, 10:58 AM
Almost a Member!

"For those with a US comand: go to your MB dealer and have them activate the TV button...it is as simple as that."

Steve, I was told a while ago that US dealers wouldn't/couldn't activate the TV button. Has that changed? Do you need any special equipment installed to activate the TV (such as a tuner or video-in jack)?
Old 06-10-2003, 11:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
W213 '17 E43 ///AMG - W211, W208 no more
i believe the recent posts about TV was that the dealers couldn't unlock the 'tv while in motion' feature'... meaning the TV only works when in parked position.

in addition to that, not every dealer knows how to activate the tv button either... and, not all dealers want that kind of liability that goes with that kind of changes.
Old 06-10-2003, 01:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'02 CLK55 and Hummer H2
I would really like to get the TV buton activated. Does anyone know how easy or hard it is? What should I expect the dealer to charge for something like this? Any labor cost (time) involved or is it as easy as hooking it up to the computer and activating it?
Thanks.
Old 06-10-2003, 08:53 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

some slow@$$diesels
Activating the TV feature on a US comand is just another of those many 10 minutes reprogramming jobs...nevertheless most US techs don't even know they can do it...

TV while in motion is something else though...that still isn't possible (unless the MB dealership has saved and old version of stardiagnostic software).

greetingz,
Old 06-13-2003, 12:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'02 CLK55 and Hummer H2
I just picked up my car from the dealer after getting my scheduled "B" service. So I figured since I was there I would ask them if they could activate the TV button. I got several looks of confusion. No one seemed to know what I was talking about let alone knowing how to do it. Any one here (Steve) know what I can tell my dealer to do to activate the TV button. I would really like to have this capability.
Old 06-15-2003, 04:38 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

some slow@$$diesels
Originally posted by waterford5301
Any one here (Steve) know what I can tell my dealer to do to activate the TV button.
Tell them to send their techs to a stardiagnsotic course so they know how to operate that MB specific tool...

greetingz,
Old 06-15-2003, 05:45 PM

01 CLK430
Originally posted by MBenzNL
Tell them to send their techs to a stardiagnsotic course so they know how to operate that MB specific tool...

greetingz,

I think I need to do the same. The MB dealer I went to said the dash cluster wouldn't take the Nav or they just don't know how to do it.
Old 06-17-2003, 05:16 PM

Mercedes C270 CDI Est
My dealer took 5 mins to activate the Nav Screen and phone