CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Tired of Evosport

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2003, 12:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB
Just my experience....

I haven't bought anything from EVOSPORT nor I have contacted them through phone. One thing I know, Ben has always been helpful to me. WHen I emailed him asking some questions, he always replied shortly. Keep it up Ben and Evosport... :-)

Solihin
Old 07-08-2003, 12:49 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
w211 & w124
I don't have the pre-painted side markers but I am just wondering what the big deal about them is. To me it's a total waste of money. And just from being a member for a few weeks I already know for sure I am not going to order them after all the thousands of other posts on this exact subject.

I do think they give the car a nice clean look when you see it on there but if you have the stock ones it still looks ok. I am almost 100% sure that non-clk owners do not look at your car as you pass by and say "My, what a piece of ****! Did you see those orange side markers on that car?". Come on people, donate that 100 bucks to charity or something and move on with your life.
Old 07-08-2003, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by Samoan_Ridah
I don't have the pre-painted side markers but I am just wondering what the big deal about them is. To me it's a total waste of money. And just from being a member for a few weeks I already know for sure I am not going to order them after all the thousands of other posts on this exact subject.

I do think they give the car a nice clean look when you see it on there but if you have the stock ones it still looks ok. I am almost 100% sure that non-clk owners do not look at your car as you pass by and say "My, what a piece of ****! Did you see those orange side markers on that car?". Come on people, donate that 100 bucks to charity or something and move on with your life.
They aren't a huge deal, however they do look a lot better. If you're a stickler for detail it's going to matter to you... even if noone else notices.
Old 07-08-2003, 01:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Tesla Model S
They do look better, but I've said it a bunch of times on this forum and I'll say it again. You can get the same thing done by taking it to any body shop and having them paint it for you for about 50 bucks. I'm sure EvoSport uses stock lenses painted by a body shop, so honestly, what is the difference if you get them painted yourself? Besides 50 bucks and a few weeks turnaround time? If you want a supercharger or some performance parts, by all means give them a call, but come on guys, getting your own lenses painted is not that hard. LOL If you're too lazy to pop them out and drop them off at a body shop, then you deserve to pay 100 bucks and wait as long as they make you wait, IMO. K, I'm done.
Old 07-08-2003, 01:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 W205 C43 AMG
Lightbulb Bar-B-Que?

Maybe Evosport should throw a Mercedes BBQ at their facilities so all of us can meet the staff and ask these questions in person (since no one can ever get these guys on the phone!)

They can have it on a Saturday (while it is still sunny here in SoCal) and have Beer, Burgers and Chili Dogs! I'd be down to do some shopping on the spot!
Old 07-08-2003, 01:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You can definitely bring them to a shop and get them painted, but, I didn't mind paying more, waiting a bit longer and not dealing with actually going to a body shop. The time I would have spent going to a shop, having them match the color, then going back to the shop is worth more than $50 to me. Furthermore, I like the guys at Evosport and I like giving them business. That's just me.