CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Kleemann Supercharger

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 07:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
2000 CLK 320
Kleemann Supercharger

Was wondering if the price has dropped for the Kleemann M112 v6 Supercharger considering the market is pretty much dead for our cars.

That answer would be NO!!! It's still going for 10K.

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/k...2-p-56010.html

I did find someone who installed this on their CLK320 about 3 years ago and dyno'd at 270 RWHP.

Website says his stock went from 215hp to 345hp BWHP.

http://www.2phast.com/clk32k/

BWHP / RWHP @ 22% drive train loss
215/167
345/270

The Kleeman SC gives a gain of 100 hp which calculates at being $100 per horsepower.

Last edited by Williams707; 07-15-2012 at 07:11 AM.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
e36 318i, 2004 sti
Its expensive to modify a euro car espicially (benz, bmw). Couldnt you just get a pro charger and have someone tune it?
Old 07-15-2012, 07:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 320
Originally Posted by MBfinatic
Its expensive to modify a euro car espicially (benz, bmw). Couldnt you just get a pro charger and have someone tune it?
It probably would be better, easier, and cheaper just to do a C32K or SLK32K engine swap.
Old 07-15-2012, 08:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

e36 318i, 2004 sti
I think a pro charger would be easier and cheaper than a full motor swap.
Old 07-15-2012, 08:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 320
Originally Posted by MBfinatic
I think a pro charger would be easier and cheaper than a full motor swap.
I was told it would be a direct swap. One 3.2 for another and would only need my ECU remapped. I've seen someone get the 32K engine for 3K.
I'm also assuming that the C32K engine has more performance tuning products on the market than CLK 320 engine which means you can go allot further with tuning than with my current engine and because of that also would be more bang for the buck.

Let me know if you know something different or something that I'm missing.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

e36 318i, 2004 sti
You may need the other ecu idk for sure. If its that easy than go for it. People have put whipple superchargers on the 32 motor and mase massive power. 550whp!
Old 07-15-2012, 06:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99CLK320,
I did find someone who installed this on their CLK320 about 3 years ago and dyno'd at 270 RWHP.
Thats really not that much of a gain. You are probably pushing 250rwhp or more now, no?

Trending Topics

Old 07-15-2012, 07:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 320
Originally Posted by dlbehrns
Thats really not that much of a gain. You are probably pushing 250rwhp or more now, no?
My calculations says I have a 26% drive train loss so my numbers are

Horsepower - 268
Torque (lbs-ft.) - 279
Old 07-15-2012, 09:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
CLK W208
you will get much further with a 32k motor will. just changing the pulley for the supercharge will give you gains and you are right there are much more power options available for the 32K than the 320. if you want to do major work then do a seperate charge like a vortech and stand alone fuel management and a bunch of other things and you will gain some major power but you will loose a lot of driveability. the reason why i went with a 55 swap is because AMGs being 32k or 55 they make a very good amount of power out the box but AMG has done a great job keeping them reliable and driveable and doing some minor stuff to them can give you a bit more power and still keep it a very reliable daily driver.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 122 Likes on 96 Posts
2015 GL550 4matic
I paid less than the cost of the supercharger for my fine example of a CLK430 and it makes more power. It would be silly to add another 10K for a supercharger when I could just sell it and buy a 20K car that has a bigger stock engine that will be totally reliable.

I learned my lesson modding an old Civic back in the day. More mods = more problems, just save your money and buy a better car that came that way.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 320
Originally Posted by VIPclk320
you will get much further with a 32k motor will. just changing the pulley for the supercharge will give you gains and you are right there are much more power options available for the 32K than the 320. if you want to do major work then do a seperate charge like a vortech and stand alone fuel management and a bunch of other things and you will gain some major power but you will loose a lot of driveability. the reason why i went with a 55 swap is because AMGs being 32k or 55 they make a very good amount of power out the box but AMG has done a great job keeping them reliable and driveable and doing some minor stuff to them can give you a bit more power and still keep it a very reliable daily driver.
Thanks Ash, that's exactly what I thought and wanted to say but it was too late and I was tired so didn't feel like writing and going into great detail

Originally Posted by jonUF02
I paid less than the cost of the supercharger for my fine example of a CLK430 and it makes more power. It would be silly to add another 10K for a supercharger when I could just sell it and buy a 20K car that has a bigger stock engine that will be totally reliable.

I learned my lesson modding an old Civic back in the day. More mods = more problems, just save your money and buy a better car that came that way.
Well I come from a different breed, I'm a person that likes to push the envelope. No matter what car I have, I wouldn't be satisfied with it as being "As Is" and would mod it. It could be a SL55 and I would add performance modifications to it, but that's just me.

Last edited by Williams707; 07-15-2012 at 11:33 PM.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

e36 318i, 2004 sti
You can do reliable mods..
Old 07-28-2012, 03:30 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
E55 AMG V8 Kompressor 2004 E 55 AMG Type: 5,439 cc (5.439 L; 331.9 cu in) Supercharged V8 Powe
So true

Excactly and no matter what once you got it and have been driving for some time you just want more again.
Is like money the more we make the more we spent hehe...

Huuh car is like a piggybank with a got damn huge hole in the bottom
Old 07-29-2012, 05:35 AM

Well I come from a different breed, I'm a person that likes to push the envelope. No matter what car I have, I wouldn't be satisfied with it as being "As Is" and would mod it. It could be a SL55 and I would add performance modifications to it, but that's just me.[/QUOTE]

^^^^QUOTED FROM:: WILLIAMS 707 !!!!!! Sorry, i'm still getting used to incorporating quotations hahaha**************************!!!!!!!!!

Respect Bro. Whatever car I have (both just so happen to be Mercedes : P) it's always been about the passion going out and making the car your own..isn't that what modding is all about? My CLK is like no other on the road, just as my 190e.

My dream isn't getting a new car anytime soon, before I could afford my 320 I just wanted it because its a freakin BEAUTY. This was already after it was 8 years old. As soon as I saved up I bought it and now Ooohh bebe it's still gettin looks everyday. New cars are GREAT don't get me wrong. But modding is the essence of why any of us are even on this website.

Last edited by DRfunjoo; 07-29-2012 at 07:11 AM. Reason: Bad at quoting and interface :9
Old 07-29-2012, 06:21 AM

E55 AMG V8 Kompressor 2004 E 55 AMG Type: 5,439 cc (5.439 L; 331.9 cu in) Supercharged V8 Powe
Follow you 100%

Originally Posted by DRfunjoo
Well I come from a different breed, I'm a person that likes to push the envelope. No matter what car I have, I wouldn't be satisfied with it as being "As Is" and would mod it. It could be a SL55 and I would add performance modifications to it, but that's just me.

Respect Bro. Whatever car I have (both just so happen to be Mercedes : P) it's always been about the passion going out and making the car your own..isn't that what modding is all about? My CLK is like no other on the road, just as my 190e.

My dream isn't getting a new car anytime soon, before I could afford my 320 I just wanted it because its a freakin BEAUTY. This was already after it was 8 years old. As soon as I saved up I bought it and now Ooohh bebe it's still gettin looks everyday. New cars are GREAT don't get me wrong. But modding is the essence of why any of us are even on this website. [/QUOTE]

Cool very cool and trust me I feel you all the way, I do the same man wish I had more money to do more extreme stuff but unfortuneable and also lucky me I got a family wife and 3 children and it cost lol but they are of course my everything and always are nr 1 before the car hehe I hope my wife dont see this..
1 Children
2 Mercedes
3 Wife
hahaha...
No can not put it up like that

But I do follow you man all the way also I will put a few up of my own, did some stuff to it as well bot inside and outside, haven't done exhaust tough since it is in perfect condition I am a little bit like why should I?
The mb v6 sounds awesome like it is, I like hearing the engine not the exhaust
making noise in the back had tried plenty of that and oooh man.. Perhaps future yes..
But I do feel you bro it is 1 of kind and your MB is your personal car when doing like we do to them and that is what I like...

Hell yea.. pics come later promise
Old 07-29-2012, 06:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 320

My dream isn't getting a new car anytime soon, before I could afford my 320 I just wanted it because its a freakin BEAUTY. This was already after it was 8 years old. As soon as I saved up I bought it and now Ooohh bebe it's still gettin looks everyday. New cars are GREAT don't get me wrong. But modding is the essence of why any of us are even on this website. [/QUOTE]

I agree. Just one member posted

"More mods = more problems, just save your money and buy a better car that came that way"

Which I don't agree with, but to each his own. I'm never satisfied with things "as is" out of the box, that sounds so boring to me.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:12 AM

Cool very cool and trust me I feel you all the way, I do the same man wish I had more money to do more extreme stuff but unfortuneable and also lucky me I got a family wife and 3 children and it cost lol but they are of course my everything and always are nr 1 before the car hehe I hope my wife dont see this..
1 Children
2 Mercedes
3 Wife
hahaha...
No can not put it up like that

But I do follow you man all the way also I will put a few up of my own, did some stuff to it as well bot inside and outside, haven't done exhaust tough since it is in perfect condition I am a little bit like why should I?
The mb v6 sounds awesome like it is, I like hearing the engine not the exhaust
making noise in the back had tried plenty of that and oooh man.. Perhaps future yes..
But I do feel you bro it is 1 of kind and your MB is your personal car when doing like we do to them and that is what I like...

Hell yea.. pics come later promise

You sound like a lucky man for sure lol and like you stated--it's all about the priorities man I feel you, respect that for sure! I wish I can do crazy mods too but so far with the smallest things i've done (intake/resonator delete = straight pie and exhaust) holy hell is it a beast.

I quote when I say that one of my friends once said "Damn, this car is the definition of a 'whip" hahahaha thought it was great. When your friends are..much more fortunate than you and are able to drive G35 coupe/G35 Sedan /(2) Tuned 350z's/ BMW 335ci twin turbos/ '11 STi / Nissan GTR--and I work my *** off buying a 1999 CLK sittin' on chrome ///AMG--fits in toooooooo perfectly and gets more looks than anyone (well, not the GT-R LOL)). My CLK is known as the "German Muscle Car" by the locals LOL.[/QUOTE]
Old 07-30-2012, 05:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 122 Likes on 96 Posts
2015 GL550 4matic
I bought the CLK430 because I think it is an original and bad-*** car exactly the way it sits. You just don't see that many of them around, especially the W208 body in great condition, I think it looks better and meaner than W209. It is much more original and faster than a BMW 3 coupe, except the M3 which is too expensive and still looks mostly like a common 3-series. I would rather have this car than many more expensive or newer cars such as listed above because if it's style, power, and originality. I too get compliments and looks almost daily on this car that is 12 years old and cost me less than $10K. I bought it with a few visual mods, which I can totally get and love everything that was done. It is already too fast to really open up. I just could never see the point in dropping more than the cost/value of the car to add a super-charger. When I refer to more mods = more problems, I am referring to major mechanical mods, not making your car visually original to fit your personal style. Although some people have horrible style in my opinion, but everyone has a different eye. I think I paid a little over market value for the car because it was already done up with everything that fit my style perfectly and kept in amazing condition. I'm sure I got a few grand worth of "mods" for free. I probably would not have spent the money to do everything from scratch as it sits now (wife would have a fit if I tried).

My point is that if you want to spend 20K for the car + Supercharger, then there are probably other cars that are newer and faster for that price. If you just love the W208 more than anything else, and you want to pour a bunch of money into it to have one that is ridiculously fast with a supercharger, then you should do it. The way I see it is that some day I will tire of it, want something different, and will never get that money back. Maybe it will just sit in your "collection" forever, or you have plenty of money to burn, but I don't and I usually only have 1 car at a time, maybe 2 if one of them is a cheap beater. If I had another 10 grand to burn I would buy a whole nother car for some variety, or a new jet ski, or bike, or invest it somewhere, but everyone has an opinion and choices to make I guess.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:44 PM

man is nice

very nice dude very very nice...
And you could not be more right. When I bought mine I was sold first time I see it, no doubt even me wife was not in doubt we want this car haha and with a baby coming but you know what this car has never let us down, not us not me not never...

Here is my own. Got a drop I want to install just didn't had the time yet but will soon come...

By clk_350_coupe at 2012-07-30

Last edited by SuperChargerE55; 07-30-2012 at 11:50 PM.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:35 AM

Blown 208 55 amg, 211 55 amg
I just bought an HPS KIT Brand new...got a steal...I will be posting install thread soon I am doing port polish work prior to install...
Old 08-05-2012, 04:57 AM

So how is it going with the HPS KIT ?
Did you get the port polished? Post some pics man is an awesome project and missa wanna see
Sure others want aswell..
Lets hear from you once you get time mate..
Good luck with it...

N.B what you driving, HPS KIT for which car?
Old 08-05-2012, 05:00 AM

Grill

I bought the CLK430 because I think it is an original and bad-*** car exactly the way it sits. You just don't see that many of them around, especially the W208 body in great condition, I think it looks better and meaner than W209. It is much more original and faster than a BMW 3 coupe, except the M3 which is too expensive and still looks mostly like a common 3-series. I would rather have this car than many more expensive or newer cars such as listed above because if it's style, power, and originality. I too get compliments and looks almost daily on this car that is 12 years old and cost me less than $10K. I bought it with a few visual mods, which I can totally get and love everything that was done. It is already too fast to really open up. I just could never see the point in dropping more than the cost/value of the car to add a super-charger. When I refer to more mods = more problems, I am referring to major mechanical mods, not making your car visually original to fit your personal style. Although some people have horrible style in my opinion, but everyone has a different eye. I think I paid a little over market value for the car because it was already done up with everything that fit my style perfectly and kept in amazing condition. I'm sure I got a few grand worth of "mods" for free. I probably would not have spent the money to do everything from scratch as it sits now (wife would have a fit if I tried).

My point is that if you want to spend 20K for the car + Supercharger, then there are probably other cars that are newer and faster for that price. If you just love the W208 more than anything else, and you want to pour a bunch of money into it to have one that is ridiculously fast with a supercharger, then you should do it. The way I see it is that some day I will tire of it, want something different, and will never get that money back. Maybe it will just sit in your "collection" forever, or you have plenty of money to burn, but I don't and I usually only have 1 car at a time, maybe 2 if one of them is a cheap beater. If I had another 10 grand to burn I would buy a whole nother car for some variety, or a new jet ski, or bike, or invest it somewhere, but everyone has an opinion and choices to make I guess.
Hmm your grill actually looks nice, for the first time I see one that actually fits real well all the others I seen was looking so ugly what is so special about yours?
Where you bought that one I am for real man all the others I seen I did not they where either to big the start or looking way out of proportion so I am curious now or did you do something to it yourself?

By the way feel you man feel you so good, BMW no, have had BMW myself to is a big slow *** car even the 208 despite is only a V6 it still a 3,2L all I did to mine I had it chipped at Gothenburg Tuning-shop and they actually pulled it off to pull out 238 HK with just the chip so I am happy! it is fast from 0-100 F me when I floor it I actually have to lean of the gas pedal else it runs out the RPM totally before shifting gear hahaha fun car yes sir love it but some days wish I had went for the 430 just when I did buy the 320 I didn't even know them very well but me and the misses
had our eyes on this one for almost 3 months as it stood shining at the shop. Spoke with me misses hehe should we or should we not baby?
I was like ok this time I better speak with her I just need her to say yes or no but even me wife was not thinking twice when see saw it se right away went go for it baby if we can manage go for it...
So we did and hey have been happy for it ever since.
Except 1 time I never forget, my local had to change the brakes and some other stuff we just had our son coming to the world so not much time for making the car myself
so let him do it, BIG MISTAKE :-( he did fix what he was supposed to but added some other issue lol!
He actually made it to destroy the ignition, key and ignition lock the car was dead in the water my god brought it to MB in Gothenburg 2 months waiting for parts.
The key when could go in the ignition but not turn they tried many things but eventually ordered new key, new ignition and ignition lock...
Told me can happen for anyone and happens apparently so everybody TAKE CARE OF YOUR KEY do not DROP it on the ground MB even manage to destroy 1 of the 2 new keys they ordered huuh..
Total repair = 24.000 Swedish Kroner = 3,576.38 US dollars..
Can you imagine what I could have done to the car for this money? Man I was pissed and still running a case against the idiot mechanic, remember the repair at hes place also had to pay = 1,043.11 US Dollars so total F me still makes me Pissed of but if not the car would still be dead in the water...
Since that day BE CAREFUL with handling the key, problem is I still do not know exactly what he did only when I came over there to help him move it he was standing with the bonnet open
the ECU cover was off and he was looking at it with a screwdriver in he´s hand, DOOOH not the way to handle that place lol..

Last edited by SuperChargerE55; 08-05-2012 at 05:14 AM.
Old 08-05-2012, 02:22 PM

Blown 208 55 amg, 211 55 amg
I will be posting pic and updates soon