CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Just when i thought I couldnt hate MB Service any more!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2003 | 01:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK430
Angry Just when i thought I couldnt hate MB Service any more!!!

Ok, this is just nuts.....

Took my car in for B Service and some warranty stuff that needed fixing. Anyway, as usual they take a whole day longer than they told me, but im getting used to this by now. so i get my car back, check the car out quickly and it seems that they fixed everything i asked them to and nothing looked screwed up. i was right, they didnt screw anything up on the car, they fixed everything, but i came to a realization last night in the drive through at Wendys.................

Someone at MB Service stole about $20 in change out of my car.....just f-ing cleaned me out.......ill get nowhere by calling them and being a d*ckhead, but i fully plan on doing it anyway.....

I mean good God in Heaven, thats rediculous......
Old 08-01-2003 | 02:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W213 '17 E43 ///AMG - W211, W208 no more
Re: Just when i thought I couldnt hate MB Service any more!!!

Originally posted by Petie
Ok, this is just nuts.....

Took my car in for B Service and some warranty stuff that needed fixing. Anyway, as usual they take a whole day longer than they told me, but im getting used to this by now. so i get my car back, check the car out quickly and it seems that they fixed everything i asked them to and nothing looked screwed up. i was right, they didnt screw anything up on the car, they fixed everything, but i came to a realization last night in the drive through at Wendys.................

Someone at MB Service stole about $20 in change out of my car.....just f-ing cleaned me out.......ill get nowhere by calling them and being a d*ckhead, but i fully plan on doing it anyway.....

I mean good God in Heaven, thats rediculous......
Hmmm... I need to keep track of that next time myself... I never know how much money I keep in the car.

I always keep most of the valuble stuff locked in the glove compartment anyways... so they can't access it.
Old 08-01-2003 | 02:25 PM

2000 CLK430 & 2000 Expedition on 22's
Talk to the dealer management. Try to squeeze some free services or discounts out of it. Act really pissed and tell the management you haven't decided whether you should contact the BBB, the police, or deal directly with the dealership. They'll hook you up.
Old 08-01-2003 | 02:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by cl_kruisin
Talk to the dealer management. Try to squeeze some free services or discounts out of it. Act really pissed and tell the management you haven't decided whether you should contact the BBB, the police, or deal directly with the dealership. They'll hook you up.
Yup, you can definitely work it to your advantage... but it still sucks overall that someone steals from your MB from an MB stealership...

you just start to lose trust in them.....
Old 08-01-2003 | 04:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK430
if i ever develop urges to steal change from someones car, i hope someone puts a gun to my head. NO ONE employed by Mercedes makes so little money that they truly benefit by jacking change......blah......im not even mad anymore, i just kinda find it humorous and pathetic......

i havent told my father yet, as much as he hates the service department at our MB dealership, i dont know that he needs to handle it....weve bought 12 cars there since i have been alive, so im sure my dad wouldnt shut up until people are fired over it......

im going to take yalls advice and attempt to use this as leverage for getting things i need (i want free spring pads dammit), but the service manager already works with me a lot. i have underdrive pulleys, which he noticed during service and asked me about, knew evosport and their products, and agreed to not let it void any warranty. he also said suspension upgrade wasnt a problem either.....

alright well i just called him now, and i think hes pretty embarrassed, as i would be, hes going to call me back and ill see what i can get, i think hes just going to give me $20 and call it even.....
Old 08-01-2003 | 04:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

alright well i just called him now, and i think hes pretty embarrassed, as i would be, hes going to call me back and ill see what i can get, i think hes just going to give me $20 and call it even.....
cool... still... lock up anything that is worth anything in your glove compartment when u leave it at service... thats why there is a lock...
Old 08-01-2003 | 04:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 W205 C43 AMG
Talking Had this Happen to me..Happy Ending

Petie, sorry to hear about your situation. I have had the same situation happen to me a few years ago when I had my Honda Accord SE (1997). I took the car into service here in So Cal and just happened to have $20 in Susan B. Anthony Dollar Coins in my ashtray.
When I got the car back, I noticed ALL the Susans were GONE! Surprise, Surprise!
I brought this to the attention of the Service Manager and received an apology and FREE Complete DETAIL for my loss.
Good luck and see if you can work the same thing!
Old 08-01-2003 | 04:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Re: Had this Happen to me..Happy Ending

Originally posted by SoCalCLK
Petie, sorry to hear about your situation. I have had the same situation happen to me a few years ago when I had my Honda Accord SE (1997). I took the car into service here in So Cal and just happened to have $20 in Susan B. Anthony Dollar Coins in my ashtray.
When I got the car back, I noticed ALL the Susans were GONE! Surprise, Surprise!
I brought this to the attention of the Service Manager and received an apology and FREE Complete DETAIL for my loss.
Good luck and see if you can work the same thing!
I'd say... go for the $20 cash back... My advisor hooks me up with free details just because I had to wait an extra day or two for my car to be finished... I've had 2 complete full details by the dealer in the last year... both free of charge

as a matter of fact, i just got my car back yesterday after having it fully detailed....
Old 08-01-2003 | 06:49 PM
Out Of Control!!

w211 & w124
Last time I went in for service I accidentally left Ulysses S. Grant in the ashtray and to my surprise, it was still there. I didn't even remember until 2 days after I picked it up that I had it in there and even then it was only because I needed some change for a newspaper and saw him just sitting there.
Thankfully I had an honest tech working on my car that day or I'd have definitely lost that fifty.

Last edited by Brian_I.; 08-01-2003 at 07:04 PM.
Old 08-01-2003 | 07:00 PM

I don't mean to be an ***, but don't you mean "Grant". Jackson's on the twenty.

I hear ya though. I always take all my sh*t out when I leave my cars at the dealer or tint shop or places like that. I mean everything, xbox, subs, remotes. I leave my pennies though, but dammit, they never take them.

And never give your address to the tint or audio places. They'll come rob everything they installed the next night.
Old 08-01-2003 | 07:06 PM
Out Of Control!!

w211 & w124
I don't mean to be an ***, but don't you mean "Grant". Jackson's on the twenty.

I hear ya though. I always take all my sh*t out when I leave my cars at the dealer or tint shop or places like that. I mean everything, xbox, subs, remotes. I leave my pennies though, but dammit, they never take them.

And never give your address to the tint or audio places. They'll come rob everything they installed the next night.
Read the post again, that's what I said. Nah, just kidding, thanks for the heads up. I didn't have a fifty in my wallet to refer to so Jackson was the dead president that came to mind. But it still was a fifty that was left in the ashtray.
Old 08-01-2003 | 08:26 PM

I dont know about the places where you guys live..... but Benz dealerships in Houston are notorious for thier bad service...

I got my CLK430 used from the dealer... i went in wanting to buy a new 430, but they didnt have any at the time, and the salesperson showed me this 2001 CLK with only 8k miles on it... fully loaded, completely decked out..

well we bought it, brought it home and whatever.... but dammit, (as stupid as this sounds) i couldn;t find teh cd player, there was no changer in the back, in the glove compartment, or a single disc... finally took back to the dealer, and the sales guy i bought the car from told me it didnt come with one!
COME ON, the car had all the options that come on a 2001 CLK, BUT a CD Player... gimmie a break!

THEN the sales person has the audacity to tell me that he has a guy who'll cut me a great deal on a MB changer... and that it works like new....

FInally, after a week of *****ing... the manager agrees to look at my car, and he looks for a min, and agrees that this car had a changer in the back, and then they hooked one up....

ii am POSITIVE that the salesperson said 6 CD changer when we bought the car...

but ya, the MB dealerships in houston have horrible customer service...

my uncle has a new SL500, and is refraining from buyin a S600 only cuz he hates dealing with the ppl...

(sorry about the long post... the whole bad service thing hit a nerve.. hehe..)
Old 08-01-2003 | 08:42 PM

When I first walked into my MB dealership, they wouldn't even give me the time of day. No salesman would help me and the manager gave me a dirty look. Finally when I told them I wanted to buy their black 430, the salesman were all over me. Since then have been a good dealership, luckily I haven't had to test them out much.
Old 08-02-2003 | 02:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

dang... what kind of places are you taking your benz???
nah, I totally agree about the no address thing though...
Old 08-02-2003 | 03:35 AM

The only place I've taken my benz so far is the tint shop. But i'm getting a custom audio install soon. There's always punk kids working at audio shops, maybe not installing, but they have access to all the records.
Old 08-02-2003 | 03:45 AM
Out Of Control!!

Let's see... From my various cars in the past, I have had the following missing:

Coins
Gum (actual packs opened up with sticks missing)
CDs
Pencils/Pens
Paint from my front bumper
Clearcoat on my rims (what you don't use chrome cleaner on non-chrome wheels???)

And yesterday, my father had all of his change stolen from his new M5 at the BMW stealership. What's with people? Maybe it's just here at MBWorld, but what ever happened to ethics?
Old 08-02-2003 | 12:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
I don't keep cash, radar detectors or guns in the cars.

As far as bad service, the worst thing that happened to me was on my first MB...a 1985 300D. I took it in to a local tire shop for new shoes and when I picked up the car, the (locked) glovebox had actually been pried open with a screwdriver by one of the employees!

It ended up costing the shop one employee, $150 in repair and one customer
Old 08-02-2003 | 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I've never gotten anything stolen from the dealer, but a lot of time they didn't fix the f***ing problems that I had on my car, so I have to take it back again. Fletcher Jones that is.

-Bruce
Old 08-02-2003 | 06:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK430
Originally posted by LowRydeR
I've never gotten anything stolen from the dealer, but a lot of time they didn't fix the f***ing problems that I had on my car, so I have to take it back again. Fletcher Jones that is.

-Bruce
hell, ill talk to the service guy and watch him write down what i need fixed, and i come pick up the car and it hasnt even been touched.....my passenger side AMG side skirt came unattached (no idea how?????) and i took it in for them to fix, showed them the problem, and came to pick it up the next day and all they had done was glued the rubber trim piece back down. i noticed immedietly and asked the guy why they didnt attach the skirt back. he said that he personally had reattached it and it was fine. i bent down and pulled the back half of the sideskirt down until it was almost touching the ground, and said i guess i have to go get another loaner now huh? i mean come on, its a 20 cent clip, its not that damn hard.
Old 08-04-2003 | 01:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

hell, ill talk to the service guy and watch him write down what i need fixed, and i come pick up the car and it hasnt even been touched.....my passenger side AMG side skirt came unattached (no idea how?????) and i took it in for them to fix, showed them the problem, and came to pick it up the next day and all they had done was glued the rubber trim piece back down. i noticed immedietly and asked the guy why they didnt attach the skirt back. he said that he personally had reattached it and it was fine. i bent down and pulled the back half of the sideskirt down until it was almost touching the ground, and said i guess i have to go get another loaner now huh? i mean come on, its a 20 cent clip, its not that damn hard.
off topic, but related..... why does the sideskirts want to come off... the clips seem kind of flimsy... 1 side popped off in palm springs, and i had to take it apart in the parking lot to reattach it... then, after my b service, both sides were loose...

Is it possible that then just put it on the lift, it is hitting the side skirts, thus causing it to pop off the clips??