CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Lorinser W208

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 06:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK55 and Yukon Denali
Cool Lorinser W208

Greetings. It has been quite some time since I posted but I have to ask you guys and gals for a big favor. PLEASE let me know if you come across any clk430 with a full lorinser body kit for sale. I prefer the DTM but would certainly condsider others. I am open to color but would like to buy one very soon. I would like it to be a low mileage vehicle.

ps Any help leading to a purchase and your next minor mod is on me. Thanks and great site!
Old 09-12-2003, 02:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
W213 '17 E43 ///AMG - W211, W208 no more
there aren't too many people selling fully modded CLKs with body kit and all... there are some, but not many... just keep your eye open on ebaymotors... i think there is usually at least 1 modified CLK on sale there...

it will either be lorinser, or carlsson, or brabus... but some kind of aftermarket kit on there... just be patient... there aren't a whole lot of them that show up...
Old 09-12-2003, 03:23 AM

S60R, ML320, W211/E350
just curious.... why not buy a cLK that you like and install the kit your self? too lazy?

This way you can get the color you want too, and probablly a low mile 1 too...

Just wondering...
Old 09-12-2003, 10:24 AM

CLK55 and Yukon Denali
Originally posted by xyzpl
just curious.... why not buy a cLK that you like and install the kit your self? too lazy?

Just wondering...

Trust me, I will if I don't find it this way 1st. I am keeping this as a 3rd car and would like to modify under the hood later on. I was hoping to find someone's well taken care of toy who was trading up. Thanks for the thought, though. This will also save me a bundle of money...
Old 09-12-2003, 11:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Just wondering...
for the most part, you don't have to take the time to mod it yourself...

and if a car is already modded, it will usually cost less than buying a stock car and modding it yourself...
Old 09-12-2003, 12:00 PM

CLK55 and Yukon Denali
Originally posted by mmgrad
for the most part, you don't have to take the time to mod it yourself...

and if a car is already modded, it will usually cost less than buying a stock car and modding it yourself...
TRUE,
Old 09-12-2003, 10:04 PM

S60R, ML320, W211/E350
Ya, I guess i can see your point, but for me, picking out the mods, haggling the price, and finally seeing it done is half the fun!!!!
Old 09-13-2003, 04:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ya, I guess i can see your point, but for me, picking out the mods, haggling the price, and finally seeing it done is half the fun!!!!
its fun... kinda like watching your son/daughter grow throughout the years...

but at the same time... it can be very frustrating... the waiting... the 'not being able to drive your car'... etc etc...
Old 09-13-2003, 08:45 AM

CLK55 and Yukon Denali
Don't get me wrong, I LOVED the process of modding a vehicle myself. To me it is more an issue of cost as this will be an expensive "toy" for me that as the months pass will have more and more added under the hood. (again, it will be my third vehicle that runs once or twice a week) I had 4 w208's- and although I never added a body kit, I did add rims, suspension, exhaust, and many cosmetic touches... I love the body so much that I want to make sure I always have one- even though I am sure its body, color, etc will change plenty over the next few years... If I don't find something I am VERY please with- I will buy a black 2002 w208 with 10k miles or less- and have the DTM kit, rims, exhaust, etc added within 6 mos. I know that most people put their cars back to stock before selling and sell their mods independantly- but every once in a while I have found one- just wasn't looking at the time. I figure, with all of the great enthusiasts on this site, someone may run into one or know someone selling theirs. Maybve a little wishful thinikng, huhh?
Old 09-13-2003, 11:24 AM
Almost a Member!

CLK430 Designo
Tell you what--I'll put the Lorinser kit on my 01 Designo and sell it to you...
Old 09-13-2003, 03:52 PM

CLK55 and Yukon Denali
Originally posted by kevintari
Tell you what--I'll put the Lorinser kit on my 01 Designo and sell it to you...
I appreciate it, but I really would like one with the kit already. Otherwise, I couldn't give you what you could get for your car minus the kit. (doing it just to sell) I also would like to eventually paint he vehicle with the DTM kit aston martin grey (thus not really too worried about the color) as on the vanquish. I would also like to have the interior covered in saddle leather within the first couple of years. Because I want to do so much to it, I am trying to save where I can. Does your vehicle have very low miles?