CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

What color tinting windshield does the 2002 clk 430 coupe have?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2013, 03:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 CLK430
What color tinting windshield does the 2002 clk 430 coupe have?

I have a big crack on my windshield and I want to replace it. When I go to autoglass websites for a quote it asks me if its a green tint/gray shade or blue tint/gray shade and truth be told, I have no idea. I didnt even know mine had a color tint to it. But my windshield is a stock one, it has the mercedes sticker embroiled in the windshield.
Old 12-25-2013, 11:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

99CLK320,
good question. ask the dealer
Old 12-25-2013, 03:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts
2002 CLK430
more than you wanted to know about CLK windshields

The Mercedes-Benz sticker isn’t an indication that the windshield is original. I have a Pilkington windshield (OEM) with a Mercedes-Benz sticker and mine has been replaced twice. Those stickers are available at the dealer parts counter.

By "tint", they mean the tint across the top of the windshield. It's there as a sun shield. My original factory windshield didn’t have a tint across the top. When I had my windshield replaced at a Mercedes-Benz dealer several years ago, the original style windshields were not available. The dealer could still order Pilkington glass, but the new glass had the upper tint.

As for what you should get, it depends on your car’s options. If you have rain sensing wipers, you’ll need a rain sensing windshield. If the windshield is Pilkington glass, the rain sensing windshield will have what they call a green tint with a grey shade. The tint does not look green to me, but that is what they call it. If you don’t have rain sensing wipers, you won’t need a rain sensing windshield. Non-rain sensing Pilkington windshields are available with either a blue or a green tint. I don’t know the difference between the two tints.
Attached Thumbnails What color tinting windshield does the 2002 clk 430 coupe have?-rentawreck.jpg  
Old 12-25-2013, 03:55 PM

2002 CLK430
Okay cool, because my windshield definitely does have the rain sensor and I want to have that installed once I replace it. But it only comes with the green/gray shade of tint, and I wasnt sure if my windshield looked green or blue lol.
Old 12-26-2013, 05:42 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2001 CLK55 AMG
Most Likely you have the blue tinting if it's a 430 and has the rain-sensing wipers.

Originally Posted by eatbeef40
Okay cool, because my windshield definitely does have the rain sensor and I want to have that installed once I replace it. But it only comes with the green/gray shade of tint, and I wasnt sure if my windshield looked green or blue lol.