CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Just got my windshield replaced, question about wiper blade speed?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 06:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 CLK430
Just got my windshield replaced, question about wiper blade speed?

So I just got my windshield replaced due to a huge crack on it. Now that I got it replaced, when I switch the wiper blades to 1 it moves like its on 2. Is there a way to easily fix this problem?
Old 12-31-2013, 08:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 78 Likes on 62 Posts
2002 CLK430
The first position (I) is the intermittent wiping setting. The frequency in which wipes are performed is determined by the rain sensor. The second position (II) is the normal wiper speed, while the third position (III) is the fast wiper speed. Settings two and three are both constant, it's just that while in the third setting, the blade will move across the windshield at a faster rate.

If you're saying while in position one, the intermittent wiping setting, the speed in which the blade moves across the windshield is too fast for your liking, I don't believe that can be adjusted. If while in the intermittent wiping setting, the wiper blade stops after the windshield is clear of water, it sounds like it is working properly.

If you're trying to explain some other phenomena, you will have to be a little more clear. Either that or the New Years celebrations may have dulled my senses.
Old 01-01-2014, 02:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 CLK430
no, i was trying to say that when I put the wiper blade to Position (I) it'll move at normal speed even when there wasnt any rain or water on the windshield..but now it seemed to have fixed itself.