CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Hi guys, my first post

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2003 | 07:20 PM

'98 Accord EX V6 Coupe
Smile Hi guys, my first post

I just registered (well, i tried before under KCMC582, but that didnt work), but i just wanted to say hi.

Ive really been thinkin about picking up a used 00+ CLK in about a year, and wanted to try and find out as much as I could about them. Right now I have a '98 Accord V6 coupe, and like the idea of relatively large coupes. It started from my '92 Cougar, which also got me stuck on RWD.

So hopefully you guys can let me know all I need to know about these cars, what I can look for, look out for, etc etc. I was already told at MBNZ.ORG that i should shoot for the 00 and up, because those were the ones that got mirror signal lights, heated seats, and a few other options.

It may have to take more than a year, i AM only 21, ha, but depending on how good things turn out money wise, i may be able to swing a used one in a year or so.

Any input you guys have would be great. Thanks in advance
Old 12-02-2003 | 08:38 PM

S60R, ML320, W211/E350
Welcome, and yes def get a 00 and up, W208 prices have drop soooo much since the w209 came out... you can pick 1 up really cheap.

Along with the thing you mentioned, the 00 up models also have different transmission....

and less problems than the pre 00 models.

I have a 99 and love it. so you should enjoy your 00+ even more.
Old 12-02-2003 | 09:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Tesla Model S
Yep that was me on the other board that told you that :0) Welcome to MBWorld.
Old 12-02-2003 | 11:05 PM

'98 Accord EX V6 Coupe
thanks for the welcome guys, and on the other forum too Josh :0. im gonna get all my facts and figures down, and then around spring start searchin for a car, and we will see what happens. i am tryin to pay off all my debt, besides my accord, and then get this car. hopefully my payments wont change too much when im done, so i still have the cash to move out!

i checked the KBB value of an 00 430 with 55K on the clock, and it said $30K, which didnt seem too bad at all. i live VERY close to NYC/Newark?jersey city area, so i get lots of dealerships with VERY low prices lookin to move cars very fast, ya know, repos, seized, things like that. almost shady, so i gotta be careful.

sorry for the lengthy post, im gonna check around, see what kind info i can get. thanks guys!
Old 12-02-2003 | 11:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Welcome to MBworld ! I would definately get 00+ models. There's a lot of little problems with the W208 model, maybe you should look into a car with extended warranty so you wouldn't have to spend money on fixing those stupid problems. Please post up the pictures when you got your car, then we can start talking about some aftermarket parts. Good luck.

-Bruce
Old 12-03-2003 | 12:06 AM

'98 Accord EX V6 Coupe
yeah, i will DEFINTILEY get one with a warranty. the warranty on my accord runs out in about 15K miles, so i probably have another 8 months or so before the warranty runs out. Little problems dont bother me, its MAJOR ones that i am afraid of, haha.

i always loved the clean looks that Lorinser, Brabus, Carlsson and of course AMG can give to M-Bs. its clean and subtle, which is the look i was/am trying to go for in my accord. it makes people look at it, and almost thing it came from the factory like that. the only issue is that i know it costs a LOT more to modify one of these than my car.

i was looking at one of the replacement front bumpers (a few of the guys in the pic thread have them) and it was something like, $850!!! i compare that to say, a bumper for my car, although a little ricey, its like, half the price. thats the only thing i will need to get used to.
Old 12-03-2003 | 12:16 AM

'98 Accord EX V6 Coupe
another thought, josh, i just took a look at pics of your car, which is GORGEOUS! i noticed you have navi. were you one of the ones who got that retrofitted, or did it come with it? i know i want navi because the shop i use here can retrofit the navi screen to take video from another source, cuz i dont want another fold out screen. it doesnt have the clean look like that does.
Old 12-03-2003 | 02:55 AM
Out Of Control!!

w211 & w124
Welcome to the boards. I know you'll be happy once you get it. Just make sure to choose the model you really want (like the 00+ 430 as you stated) and stick with it. Don't settle for less just because a good deal pops up or maybe you get discouraged because the exact model, year, color, whatever is hard to find.
Old 12-04-2003 | 11:23 AM

07 CLS63
i have a while before i can actually get the car, so i am definitley gonna track down exactly what i want. i still need to learn packages and options and what came with what. i am almost positive i would want the COMMAND system, either installed or already in the car.

im trying to do all the research i can, but by the time i get home, im so sick of computers i dont wanna look online anymore, haha.

the color is one thing i havent decided on. lots of nice colors. i wanna find something i dont see a lot around here. are there any "rare" colors, or colors that you wouldnt find in the tri-state area?
Old 12-05-2003 | 10:22 AM

E500, CLK, VW Touareg, Audi TT
I personally like blue cars--- Mine has an iridescent color-- It kinda changes depending on what angle you at the car-- I have only seen one here in Atlanta-- This color is not to be confused with the purple color on the pre 2000 CLK-- It looks silver at nite blue sometimes and purple too-- Good luck with your future prchase--

See link for color of my CLK

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=53978