CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Where can I get a ud pully kit for my clk

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 12:15 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2001 Mercedes clk430
Where can I get a ud pully kit for my clk

So I've been looking on the forms and I was wondering where I can get a ud pully kit for my clk and anyone recently have any feedback on the spirit boosters I'm thinking about getting one any help will be awsome
Old 10-07-2015, 04:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Tesla Model S
I don't know if anyone makes them. A couple of companies played around with the idea way back in the early 208 days, but after the harmonic balancer recall no one really touched the idea again. I don't think they freed up much power anyway. I remember claims of 8 peak hp which is not worth the price they were asking for the pulleys.

As for sprintbooster...some people on here love them, I don't. They don't make your car more powerful or faster, they simply decrease the pedal's throttle resolution so the car thinks you're flooring it before you actually are. They state this on their own website. You can get a similar effect by moving your seat a little closer to the pedals. For free.

Some good reading on Sprintbooster
http://outbackjoe.com/macho-divertis...s-it-worth-it/
Old 10-13-2015, 10:47 AM

2001 Mercedes clk430
Originally Posted by Josh K
I don't know if anyone makes them. A couple of companies played around with the idea way back in the early 208 days, but after the harmonic balancer recall no one really touched the idea again. I don't think they freed up much power anyway. I remember claims of 8 peak hp which is not worth the price they were asking for the pulleys.

As for sprintbooster...some people on here love them, I don't. They don't make your car more powerful or faster, they simply decrease the pedal's throttle resolution so the car thinks you're flooring it before you actually are. They state this on their own website. You can get a similar effect by moving your seat a little closer to the pedals. For free.

Some good reading on Sprintbooster
http://outbackjoe.com/macho-divertis...s-it-worth-it/
Thank you for that what do you think can be done to these cars now a days to get more hp or some performance and do you still have a Clk
Old 10-13-2015, 02:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Tesla Model S
Originally Posted by james clk430
Thank you for that what do you think can be done to these cars now a days to get more hp or some performance and do you still have a Clk
I still have mine. The most cost effective upgrade for a 430 would be a CLK 55 airbox with good filters. I've gotten a dyno proven 10 horses at the rear wheels with no other mods.

Cat back Exhaust will not add any performance and is purely cosmetic/sound. Shorty headers won't add any appreciable power as the bottleneck is in the head itself. Any extra flow you get will not be worth the cost and labor.

Springs/shocks and sway bars are decent upgrades

The front calipers and rotors from a w203 C32 are an inexpensive and worthwhile braking upgrade.

There's not really much else unless you're looking to spend supercharger or engine teardown money.
Old 10-13-2015, 03:06 PM

2001 Mercedes clk430
I still have mine. The most cost effective upgrade for a 430 would be a CLK 55 airbox with good filters. I've gotten a dyno proven 10 horses at the rear wheels with no other mods.

Cat back Exhaust will not add any performance and is purely cosmetic/sound. Shorty headers won't add any appreciable power as the bottleneck is in the head itself. Any extra flow you get will not be worth the cost and labor.

The front calipers and rotors from a w203 C32 are an inexpensive and worthwhile braking upgrade.

There's not really much else unless you're looking to spend supercharger or engine teardown money.
Thank you I have the airbox and shocks was thinking of getting a different exhaust cause its a sleeper I love it but hate it I want some rumble sometimes I'm thinking of doing a exhaust cutout I've seen a few just never on a Clk yet but idk
Old 10-13-2015, 04:13 PM

2001 Mercedes clk430

Do you know of any good performance chips that can do anything I keep seeing them...
Old 10-13-2015, 06:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Tesla Model S
Originally Posted by james clk430
Do you know of any good performance chips that can do anything I keep seeing them...
Canned tunes are a waste of money. The only time it's worth it is if you have significant mods and are having a tuner who knows what they're doing do a custom tune for you.
Old 10-13-2015, 06:27 PM

2001 Mercedes clk430
Canned tunes are a waste of money. The only time it's worth it is if you have significant mods and are having a tuner who knows what they're doing do a custom tune for you.
That's what I thought thank you I still would like the ud pully kit if you know anyone who's selling I'm interested I know it's just a lil power but its better than non for a quick easy and on like the air box