CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

House Of Imports Service Question - For those of you in S. Cal!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2001, 08:33 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 CLK 320 Cab
House Of Imports Service Question - For those of you in S. Cal!

I feel that House Of Imports in Buena Park provides better service when it comes to servicing your car over Fletcher Jones in Newport. i also feel that the techs are more knowledeable.

However, Fletcher Jones is so much more convenient for me and they give you a loaner car for just about anything (even an Oil Change)

Does anyone know if House of Imports is as liberal with their loaner car policy? If they are, the convenience issue will be a mute point.

Thanks for your feedback in advance.
Old 11-25-2001, 10:03 PM

I bought my CLK 320 cab there. Good Sales reps. But I don't get my car serviced there... as I live on No. Cal

-eso
Old 11-26-2001, 11:07 PM

I took it in for a problem with my passenger seat, and they rented me the ugliest car in the world, a maroon '96 Ford Taurus (I had to pay $30 for this POS for one day!). They claim to loan MB vehicles if you reserve one way in advance.
Old 11-27-2001, 09:43 AM
MBWorld Founder

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
2020 GT R Pro, 2019 GT3 RS, 2018 GT3 Touring
I've purchased 3 cars from HOI and 1 car from Fletcher over the past 2 years. However, I live much closer to HOI. When I took my CLK430 to get a CD Changer installed at HOI, they gave me a loaner car and it wasn't a MB...in fact, it was hardly a MB. When I did the same on my CLK55 at Fletcher, they asked if I wanted a loaner car and they were willing to give me a MB, but I ended up waiting for it. Truth is, if you give them fair warning in advance, you should be able to get an MB loaner, although overall, the service level at Fletcher is by far the best, especially the amenities. And, if you're a single guy, I would much rather hang out at the Fletcher customer waiting lounge midweek mornings than at HOI

Because I work in downtown LA, I now have my car serviced at Downtown LA Motors just a block away, and even though I've never purchased a car there, they ALWAYS give me a brand new MB loaner. In fact, they usually let me choose which car/truck I want to take home
Old 11-27-2001, 11:48 PM

CLK320
My wife bought her Mercedes at HOI and has gotten it serviced there several times. She has gotten a Mercedes (old C-class) as loaner only once and it was because she was 7 months pregnant at that time.

She had her last service done at FJ and got a new E-class as loaner. It seems easier to get a Mercedes loaner at FJ. I agree with Mr. Vanos that the service and amenities at FJ are excellent. (I also agree with all the other pluses at FJ that Mr. Vanos is suggesting or hinting.)

My CLK will need its first service soon. I plan to taking it to FJ--for the Mercedes loaner.
Old 11-29-2001, 12:06 AM
Almost a Member!

1999 CLK 320 Cab
I can't believe you guys

I just want a loaner. I don't care what kind of car it is as long as its safe. A Taurus is totally fine.

I can't beleive some of you make such a big deal over what kind of car you will be driving for a few hours.

My orginal question was whether or not you would get any loaner as easily as Fletcher. Thanks.
Old 11-29-2001, 01:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1997 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
I agree with Frederick. As long as it's not some clapped-out '78 Camaro Z28 with no muffler, you really shouldn't complain about what the model of car is you'll be driving temporarily. A Taurus, Neon, Park Avenue, whatever. As long as it's in good shape and won't leave you stranded, I don't see the issue.
Old 11-29-2001, 02:56 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For Orange County:
Caliber Motors always gives either an E320 or ML320 if you request one (preferribly in advance).
Old 11-29-2001, 05:00 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got my car at HOI and i thought they gave me a pretty good service. I mean their lounge is not that all great but customer service is not pushy!