CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Just bough a 2002 clkc430 and need some help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 10:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk430
Just bough a 2002 clkc430 and need some help

hello everyone , I just joined the form I just joined the Mercedes world a few months ago when I got my gf a 2001 e320 after driving it around for a month before giving it to her to make sure the car was good since she was going to be driving around with our new born I decided I had to get one of my own. 3 days ago I got myself a 2002 clk 430 and so far I love the car , it's has a few issues that I should be able to take care of my self . the main problem is the mass air flow. I took it out and cleaned it and reset the obd with a scan took and worked great for about 5 minutes then check engine came back on so I ordered a new one and it's on the way. the one issue that has me puzzled is the on board computer in the cluster will not display my has range ,trip meter or mpg ... when I press the menu on the steering it cycle thru everything else but those options I have looked online and can't find anyone with the same problem .can anyone help me out any help would be great and thanks
Old 01-26-2017, 04:22 AM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
-
Are you sure you cycled through all options in all menus? This has been discussed previously and I think the 208 doesn't offer options for customising the menus.
Old 01-26-2017, 07:03 AM

clk430
yes I have tried several times expecting different results lol if I remember correct there are 2 sets of buttons main menu and sub menu when I cycle thru the main menu it shows me the mileage , radio control , malfunction list and the settings menu it's completely missing the menu that would show me the range and amount of fuel in tank and I forget what other option
Old 01-26-2017, 07:32 AM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
-
That's then best left to someone who's handy with STAR. All I know is that there's no option in the instrument cluster menus.
Old 01-26-2017, 09:11 AM
Super Moderator

Received 715 Likes on 696 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
moved to W208 forum...
Old 01-27-2017, 05:25 PM

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
you should have it all...pg 104 owners manual... you can download it if you don't have it..mbusa.com...look owners resources
https://www.mbusa.com/vcm/MB/Digital..._clk_55amg.pdf
Old 01-28-2017, 05:57 AM

2000 CLK 320
Originally Posted by dano582
hello everyone , I just joined the form I just joined the Mercedes world a few months ago when I got my gf a 2001 e320 after driving it around for a month before giving it to her to make sure the car was good since she was going to be driving around with our new born I decided I had to get one of my own. 3 days ago I got myself a 2002 clk 430 and so far I love the car , it's has a few issues that I should be able to take care of my self . the main problem is the mass air flow. I took it out and cleaned it and reset the obd with a scan took and worked great for about 5 minutes then check engine came back on so I ordered a new one and it's on the way. the one issue that has me puzzled is the on board computer in the cluster will not display my has range ,trip meter or mpg ... when I press the menu on the steering it cycle thru everything else but those options I have looked online and can't find anyone with the same problem .can anyone help me out any help would be great and thanks

when your on the milage screen hit the up or down left or right button once.. then hit the other buttom opposite of the left to right or up down a few times it will scroll through distance you traveled and the third screen will be gas milaage left. its the same as when you have the car still and you check the oil. with the system ignition off but on position of the key #2 you can check the oil. its the screen right after that cars miles... you just have to scroll like you do to get it to read you oil levels.