CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

m3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2004, 05:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 AMG
Amen to that! This is the same guy who was bagging on Lexus owners for coming here

bragging about Lexus, and now he's in here bragging about Audis...what a hypocrite!! From the same thread:

Hypocrisy, exemplified:

BUSTED!!

Originally posted by Chappy
Lou,

I can't figure out what your CLK/MB/MB dealer/this board has done to infuriate you. Why, just a short year ago, you were one of the faithful....

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...0&pagenumber=4
Old 06-13-2004, 09:53 PM

2001 CLK 430 Silver
I will say one thing, I had a audi, honestly the worst car I have ever owned, I had a Lexus that had all kinds of elec probs, I LOVE MY CLK and have had no problems so far and I think most people have had good luck with them, but also alot of people are fans of VWs and Toyota , they just have no CLASS.
Old 06-14-2004, 12:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Not bragging about either. Read the post again. Hey Improviz, you're the guy in Jersey right, that had a 320 badged as a AMG, then one day when my boy and I rolled up on you in a real ///AMG you played it off like you had the same right? I thought that was you.

And yes, I was one of the faithful, just like CLKAL, until i started having nothing but issues with my car. The, that was the end of my love.. Now she sits outside under a tree, not to be moved until its sold.
Old 06-14-2004, 12:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
SoCal, on the east coast is where the pricing comes from. I'm sorry, I konw in Cali, you guys are a little slow to pick up on things like "the right" coast.

Um, my Audi, which I picked up on Saturday, was listed at 52600, and I picked it up for 49500. It has everything but NAV.

My CLK, which I picked up new two years ago, was listed at 65, 600, configured, and I picked it up for 59900. So, pricing, irrelevant as it may be, may be different on each coast.
Old 06-14-2004, 01:02 PM

2002 C32 AMG
Remember it's all relative

Gentlemen, I haven't visit this forum in some time and I still see that nothing has changed, My amigo " ldangeli " is a true car lover and I trust his opinion over anyone else (if a few exceptions of some members of this forum) I will also agree that the CLK platform is fairly troublesome - I started out with my 02 CLK55 fully loaded with no problems, then BAM ! everything started to fail, over and over again - the only think that works great is the hand built engine - suspension, brakes, steering sucks - to say the least - and NO the CLK55 is not a race car or track car, the intent of the design was to be a fast coupe as was the 635 BMW was. I have always found it funny that many of you try to make something our of the CLK then it was meant to be. Then the best is, you get angry at a member who disagrees with you. Someone once said, there is no perfect platform out there, regardless of price, but in the same breath, MB charges mucho $ and offers very poor service. The CLK55 is too heavy for the brake setup, the Steering with the recir ball setup is very weak and numb. The car is good for cruising but that is it - handling is weak (but I understood that going into it) now I have one year left on the lease and My wife drives it - I still have problems now and then, I we both agree, it will be our last Benz - I still love the way it looks, It's the driving part I have a problem with. I for god sake, gentlemen - STOP THE BOY RACER TALK ALREADY - your driving luxury cars - not Honda, Race this, Race that - Stop taking everything about these cars so dam seriously - My CLK55 was fast in s straight line, nothing more - and as far as the CLK430 - well it's truly a pig - but again it wasn't designed to be a M3, only a luxury coupe, which it does a nice job of doing.. So enjoy it for what it was designed to me, and stop the BULLSH^T already, it's really getting old. Later....
Old 06-14-2004, 01:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Lol, do you ever stop lying?

Not bragging about the S4, eh? What exactly do you call this, hypocrite?

I will gladly go up against any CLK 430 or an M3 anyday. Guys are posting numbers between 4.7-5.0 with the S4, and the CLK is at 6+ And don't say it isn't, because I spanked the clk driving a freaking FX45, and that is running high 5's.....So the S4 isn't worth its value?? Hmm, lets see, AWD, 4.2 V8 pushing 340, 6 spd, Recaro seats to die for, 6disc in dash, nav, xm, mem / heated seats, and on and on. For less than 50k..Any day you want to run your clk against the S4 on the road, on the track, or anywhere, you let me know. See those tiny red lights in front of you, thats me kicking your ***!!!

Or, how about these (incorrect) attempts at bragging, which I proved to be false with a direct pricing comparison and a company info sheet for Porsche:

s far as S4 value, I am not worried, historically, the S4 maintains it's value better than any other, even the M3.... VW also make porsche, the best engineered powerplant in the world, so I think I would rather have them as a parent company, instead of chrysler....My clk rides harsher and crappier than the S4.

LOL, busted again...all you've *done* since hopping into this thread is spew out one lie after another and brag about your new Volkswagon.

Dang, dude, don't you ever get tired of being made to look stupid? Isn't too hard, really, but it sure is fun!!
Old 06-14-2004, 01:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
5439cc, it is my firm opinion that you and ignorantelli are cut from the same cloth..

....which is to say that both of you have this rather odd compulsion to put down whatever you owned before once you purchase something new.

It's great that you enjoy your new Porsche, but you know what: I've got a CLK55, a Lexus, *and** a BMW, and I could damn sure afford whatever car you and mr. ignorantelli are currently driving if I was so inclined.

So, you love your new porsche. Good for you. So why don't you get your happy *ss over to the porsche boards where it belongs and stop polluting our boards already? You have become a total d*ck since leaving this board, and I'm starting to get really tired ot it.

And please, spare me this stupid boy-racer wannabe crap about how the relative track capabilities of these cars should be "the" determining factor as to their relative worth. Your criterion for choosing a car are just that:: YOUR CRITERION. They are NOT OUR CRITERION, dummy. I can't believe the arrogance of people like you: once you change your minds and adopt a new position, everyone who still holds the position you held before is suddenly an idiot and so forth: it seems to stem from some pathetic need to rationalize your new purchase by putting down anyone who still owns and enjoys the car you previously owned. Well, screw you. I like my car. If you don't, I could care less, just like I could care less if you like my watch, my house, or my clothes, nor could I give two sh*ts about what you think of them in general, or your reasons and rationale for me not to purchase them.

Finally, it seems that you share mr idiotelli's position that if one car, driven at 10/10 by a pro, is a fraction of a second faster around a track, then the other car is somehow unworthy of being mentioned in the same sentence. This is frankly the most ignorant, uninformed nonsense I've ever heard. The fact is that people DO NOT DRIVE AT 10/10 ON THE STREET, unless they have any brains, which might rule you out...but if you're enough of a nut to drive at 10/10 on your daily commute, then your opinion is worthless to me anyway.

The fact is that if LESS THAN ONE SECOND separates two cars in the hands of a PRO DRIVER on a TRACK, then when driven at a rapid pace on curvey ROADS, the two cars will be EQUAL, because most drivers ARE NOT CRAZY OR STUPID enough to DRIVE AT 10/10 ON THE STREET.

ALL of these cars involve tradeoffs. God, it's like arguing about religion with you people: you truly act as though YOUR choice is the Way, the Truth, and the Light, and anyone who believes otherwise is damned to eternal damnation in car hell. Well, guess what: you ain't the car messiah, and YOUR OPINIONS ARE YOUR OWN.

Is that clear?? I doubt it, but hope springs eternal....why don't BOTH of you follow mr ignorantelli's original advice in the lexus thread, and GO TO THE BOARDS FOR ENTHUSIASTS FOR YOUR NEW CARS???

Is that so uard to understand? Oh, wait, I forgot who I'm dealing with here...

Last edited by Improviz; 06-14-2004 at 01:46 PM.
Old 06-14-2004, 02:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
ALL of these cars involve tradeoffs. God, it's like arguing about religion with you people: you truly act as though YOUR choice is the Way, the Truth, and the Light, and anyone who believes otherwise is damned to eternal damnation in car hell. Well, guess what: you ain't the car messiah, and YOUR OPINIONS ARE YOUR OWN.
HAHA, now that is funny *****. You actually think you are god, don't you.. HAHA. Man, we both know who you are. You're that little PAB we saw in NJ. Really. Come to grips with your short comings my friend. it's ok..

Old 06-14-2004, 02:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Hey retard, yeah you, improviz. I am not braggin Jackass. I am giving you facts, again, which you obviously are too naive to understand. My former statement still holds true. You're a punk, you were a punk a few months ago when you lied about your fake *** CLK, and you're still going to be a punk tomorrow when I wake up. Please nugga, give it a rest. You can think you own me and my bro all you like. You know where we are so bring it *****. Stop acting like you're the man when you know damn well you're not.

Furthermore, a few pages back you giving praise about the S4, so who is really being hypocritical now? Looser. You are such a looser. I am more than happy to own a car that is truly owned by a german car company and not co-owned by an american disaster. Man, it's ok man, we all know you were sold a bad bunch of goods..

Last edited by ldangeli; 06-14-2004 at 02:25 PM.
Old 06-14-2004, 02:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
As posted by Fletch:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by PerformanceCLK
What i dont understand is why this forum's central theme of late is basically a "What is wrong with my clk/i want to sell it/ how much is it worth" progression. Granted my clk has numerous minor "issues" but my clk could start 10% of the time, backfire, get 8 mpg and drop to a retail value of $1,500 and i'd still keep it.... for the exact same reasons i liked it in the first place, and accepting the minor wrinkles that have been there all the while. This is as much a modification forum as an actual discussion of clk specs, and honestly i dont mod my car so that its resale value goes up. I don't think anyone does. Take some pride in ownership people. And NO car, Japanese or German, is unavoidably without minor problems.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see this echoed on many Mercedes forums. Visit a BMW forum and you will read about how much people dislike the Bangle designs of the recent cars. Visit a Porsche forum and read about how people feel Porsche has lost it’s heritage.

The situation with Mercedes is just as real as the others, Mercedes quality is down. Mercedes was once at the top of every major quality and safety report available. They are now below average in the vast majority, Check out http://www.autooninfo.info . In particular check out Mercedes from 2000. http://www.autooninfo.info/RelPerMerBenzCharts.htm

I don’t think you are reading lack of pride in ownership but rather disappointment. I know I am disappointed to see one of the best marks in the history the automotive industry slip. Pride in ownership should not mean you can’t point out a fault. I have great pride in keeping my daughters 1985 325e with 280k running well, but I can assure you I don’t always have positive things to say about it.
Old 06-14-2004, 02:45 PM

2002 C32 AMG
Improviz - LET's Hook Up

Improviz

Do You Live In New Jersey ? If So, I think you need to express your feelings to me face to face. I didn't offend all CLK55 owners - It's a great car - It's just not what some of you try to make it out to be, JERK ! And Not once did I mention my PORSCHE, Not Once - So Instead of going back and forth, let's meet - then let's see if your AS^ can cash the checks your mouth is writing. Randolph New Jersey - ANYTIME...
Old 06-14-2004, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Hey Improviz, I think your lunch break is over, their calling for you at register 5...

Old 06-14-2004, 02:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Hey, Idiotelli, you might be interested in seeing theAudi data from that site:

Red marks in a column = lowest quality group (according to this site, anyway, which after all is the site you cited). So, here's Mercedes:
Mercedes data from the site you linked:

And here's Audi:
Audi data from the site you linked:

Each table gives an average 1995-1999 reliability percent ranking for each manufacturer, where higher is better.

Mercedes scored a 0.52, and Audi scored a 0.46.

Which means Mercedes scored higher on reliabliity, according to the site you linked.

Thank you for pointing out what we already knew.

Originally posted by ldangeli
As posted by Fletch:
Old 06-14-2004, 02:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
3200cc, I'm in Texas. And I'm sooo scared!

Get a life, loser. And go to the porsche forum where you belong.

Last edited by Improviz; 06-14-2004 at 02:58 PM.
Old 06-14-2004, 02:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Idiotelli, I've never met you. Never been to Jersey...

....and if you and 3200cc are any indication of how Jersyites are, I never will. I'm already surrounded by dumb hicks here in Texas, no need to travel to see them.
Old 06-14-2004, 03:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
You know what they say, only steers and queers come from texas, obviously, your raging but it ain't bull. Must be a dumb hick thing.. Texas, isn't that like mexico..
Old 06-14-2004, 03:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Idiotelli, I've had fun making you look stupid, but I just realized:

you're doing a much better job of it than I can! Must be all of that toxic Jersey waste seeping into your brain, what little there is left of it...

Anyway, enjoy your Veedub!
Old 06-14-2004, 03:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
I'm gettin this whole Billy Crystal in "City Slickers" image going on here
Old 06-14-2004, 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 W205 C43 AMG
Hey Improviz, I think your lunch break is over, their calling for you at register 5...

You are the same as us, Idangeli. Think about it (if you can). You accuse us on the Mercedes forum for attacking you just because you disagree with our opinions of the CLK.

You, in return act the same way as us when you go on the offensive if we have something negative to say about the S4.

So how about this: The E46 BMW M3 OWNS the VW (audi) S4.

The M3 Handles Better thant the S4.
The M3 is Faster than the S4.
The M3 is better looking than the S4.
The M3 attracts more female attention than the S4.
The M3 is the Original and the S4 is the Imitation.

That being said, shouldn't you now start posting on Roadfly and Bimmer.org? Hurry! You don't want to waste any more time, every second that passes more and more people are bashing you worthless VW!!

Old 06-14-2004, 06:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Cute socal, but wrong. But I do so much enjoy your objective comments. But please don't ever compare me to you guys, it's offensive.
Old 06-14-2004, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Hey Improviz, if you are going to post statistical info from non-biased websites, go to the www.track-challenge.com, and take a look at how you so called superior CLK did agains, the 03' S4 Avant. Looks like we went head to head.
Old 06-14-2004, 06:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Lol, you are so funny, dude...

Um, per the link you provided, the 2000 CLK55, which you describe in this thread as having lousy handling, handling like a sofa, etc. beat the brand-spanking new "never follow" S4 by almost one full second around Hockenheim, the shorter track, where marked differences in cornering ability are most likely to show up.

And this is with six gears to the CLK's five, pitting a brand new, "never follow" audi chassis against a 1998 Mercedes chassis.

Wow.

So, since earlier in this thread, you mentioned that because the M3 was tested faster around a track than the CLK55, it was an "unworthy" opponent to the M3, I'm sure that you now will admit that the S4 is an unworthy opponent to the CLK55, which beat the S4 by a larger margin, right?

Hey Improviz, if you are going to post statistical info from non-biased websites, go to the www.track-challenge.com, and take a look at how you so called superior CLK did agains, the 03' S4 Avant. Looks like we went head to head.

Last edited by Improviz; 06-14-2004 at 07:00 PM.
Old 06-14-2004, 07:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
YOU'RE sooooooo right. I don't know why I didn't see it before. Thank you for pointing out your superb knowledge of MBZ, and the awesome granduor of the CLK55. I don't know why I didn't see it before. Man, I better run out right now, sell my Audi, and CLK and pick up the new 209 55. WHEW! Thanks for saving me from making a big mistake. Man, I can't thank you enough..

What, what was that
Loudspeaker: Gimproviz, please report the front, you're needed on register 5...

Better run sally. They're calling for you. I'll tell you what. Out of all the cars I have owned, some more expensive, some less expensive than the CLK, I truly have never driven a more uncomfortable, less reliable tank like the CLK. Oh wait, you already told me, the Audi is worse. Right, you got me. Well like I said before. We'll wait and see.
Old 06-14-2004, 07:54 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
ldangeli: Shut up and quit resorting to personal attacks when your argument is dead. Just accept it and move on.
Old 06-14-2004, 09:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Yeah... I resorted to personal attacks. vvvvvvvvraaaaa...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: m3