CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Just dumped "Strategic Vision" survey into trashcan!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2002, 07:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
Just dumped "Strategic Vision" survey into trashcan!

This second survey was just too intrusive, asking personal questions about self-esteem, security, expression of individuality...

CRAP!! That's none of MB's business. Their effort should be focused on making a better quality vehicle that is safer, improving service, lowering costs, -- rather than exploiting buyer's emotions.
Old 04-15-2002, 08:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do you expect them to appeal to a younger audience? They're trying everything .
Old 04-15-2002, 09:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
Originally posted by Newbie
How do you expect them to appeal to a younger audience? They're trying everything .
By asking three questions:

1. What do you like best about your car?

2. What do you like least?

3. What can we do, features you would like to see, to improve your driving experience/pleasure?
Old 04-16-2002, 12:12 AM

I wasn't being serious, I just imagine that they want a detailed view of their customers to see if and how their advertising and products are influencing who buys the cars.

BTW- I like filling out their surveys, because the median age of MB owners is something like 58 and I'm only 18- I like to think I impact the numbers just a tiny bit .

Last edited by Newbie; 04-16-2002 at 12:14 AM.
Old 04-16-2002, 05:16 AM

2001 CLK 320
Survey

Karl, your questions are the most valid they could ask. If fact, I just completed one of the surveys you receive when having warranty work done, and your first two questions were on it.
Old 04-16-2002, 10:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
Re: Survey

Originally posted by CLK 320
Karl, your questions are the most valid they could ask. If fact, I just completed one of the surveys you receive when having warranty work done, and your first two questions were on it.
CLK 320:
Tnx, I never received that type of MB survey, but I am flattered that somehow my suggestion mirrored theirs.

I have a feeling that on warranty work, a lot of MB dealers are making a LOT of $$$ - for many reasons...

The survey that I dumped had over 300 items to respond to, probing the MB owners ego, psyche - simply none of their MB's business.

Highly intrusive, I trashed it, - literally!

Last edited by karl k; 04-16-2002 at 10:02 AM.
Old 04-16-2002, 10:40 AM

500 SEC
Originally posted by Newbie
I wasn't being serious, I just imagine that they want a detailed view of their customers to see if and how their advertising and products are influencing who buys the cars.

BTW- I like filling out their surveys, because the median age of MB owners is something like 58 and I'm only 18- I like to think I impact the numbers just a tiny bit .
I have to tell you that the industry is well aware of the buying power and the influence of the younger buyer.

Look at Cadillac, what a wake up call. Yo the younger buyer wants an SUV or maybe a PICK-UP-TRUCK! You may think it is funny but this expanded not only their profits but their market demographics. More than anything they have done in the last twenty years! The darn brand was almost relegated to an "Ethnic" and "Age" demographic which was reticent to be in the "Club". ( WC Fields - "I would not be a member of any club that would have ME as a member")

Hey it is just exciting that the Younger guys see MB as a vehicle that they can TWEAK and play with. That stuff did not happen before. ANd now the MB guys see it and give us the Z8 killer - SL55AMG!

ALL HAIL! LONG LIVE THE STREET ROCKET!
Old 04-16-2002, 01:41 PM

2001 CLK 320
Survey

Karl, I had never gotten a "warranty repair" survey before either. It was about four pages long, and mostly wanted to know about my experience with my dealer. Was the repair completed to my satisfaction, what kind of loaner did I get, that sort of thing. Apparently these surveys are very important to the dealer. It reminded me of the survey I got from Mercedes when I first took delivery of the car.
Old 04-16-2002, 08:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
Re: Survey

Originally posted by CLK 320
Karl, I had never gotten a "warranty repair" survey before either. It was about four pages long, and mostly wanted to know about my experience with my dealer. Was the repair completed to my satisfaction, what kind of loaner did I get, that sort of thing. Apparently these surveys are very important to the dealer. It reminded me of the survey I got from Mercedes when I first took delivery of the car.
CLK320:

I usually get an upgrade when repairs are done. My choice for a loaner is ALWAYS a PT Cruiser!

I really would like to see a Daimler-Chrysler PT Cruiser AMG rather than the convertible PT ... or both.

Ski Guru:

That would be a fun vehicle to mod and tweak!
Old 04-16-2002, 08:44 PM
Out Of Control!

karl k

Same here! Just threw the strategic vison in the trash since it's only what 10-15 pages long!!