CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Help with rear pass. Window

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2019, 08:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 clk320 convertible

So I have a 2004 Mercedes Benz CLK 320 Convertible my problem is the top won't go down because the rear passenger window won't go down I can hear the motor trying to work and even some clicking sounds like if it is off track or something I'm not a mechanic and I only know how to do things buy step by step instruction I really really would like to have an actual convertible LOL but for now it's like just having a rag top the car is one week new to me and I got a great deal because of this problem can anyone possibly direct me in the right direction or maybe even tell me what to do with keeping in mind you would be talking to a mechanical moron LOL I'm not rich so I can't afford to take it to the dealer which I heard would charge 1300 or something that doesn't seem to be a hard fix since motor seems to work.

When I hit the convertible button 3 windows roll down just that passenger rear won't but it sounds like it's trying as in possibly off track or maybe even a cable please help me if you can thank you in advance
Old 10-28-2019, 04:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 CLK 320

I have the same issue as well...also same model/year. I found this on YouTube that may help.

I haven't started this repair yet but hopefully the broken plastic regulator part is what you are hearing.

Good luck!
Old 10-30-2019, 05:09 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
CLK 230 Convertible 1999
Hi Guys

I had the same problem which I fixed, eventually, using this method. https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class...ar-window.html

Try it and see.

I found getting a complete second hand mechanism for easy to find on Ebay was pretty easy.

Good luck

David