CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

lowering miles on mbz

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2002, 03:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
S,

Calm down there chief
Old 05-01-2002, 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK55 and Yukon Denali
Originally posted by Ahmed
benzo!

GET BACK TO WORK!!!!!!
Easy there, tiger. I'll get back to work when I am ready. Actually, what I am ready for is scotch and it is 45 minutes to happy hour. Hmmmmm... I think I will be online for about another 45 minutes!
Old 05-01-2002, 03:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 mercedes clk coupe
Originally posted by Safet
S,

Calm down there chief
SORRY MAN ITS JUST SOMETIMES PEOPLE LIKE AHMED (OSAMA BIN LADEN WANNA BE), **** ME OFF SOMETIMES
Old 05-01-2002, 03:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by sungulent

SORRY MAN ITS JUST SOMETIMES PEOPLE LIKE AHMED (OSAMA BIN LADEN WANNA BE), **** ME OFF SOMETIMES
I don't think this has any place on this board
Old 05-01-2002, 03:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 161 Likes on 130 Posts
R129 SL55 AMG & W208 CLK55 AMG
benzo! what did i just ask you to do?
actually, keep it up my friend, we want u with us!

as for you MR SUNGUL! i'm a clown, and i enjoy being a clown, and i make just as much as you do, and my car is prettier, and i'm funnier, and and and and ....

and this one time, in band camp.....
Old 05-01-2002, 03:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 mercedes clk coupe

OH MY BAD I DIDNT MEAN TO OFFEND ANYONE
Old 05-01-2002, 03:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 mercedes clk coupe
I'LL BE BACK IMMA GO EAT
Old 05-01-2002, 03:18 PM

CLK55 and Yukon Denali

I agree 100%.
Old 05-01-2002, 03:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

osama bin laden wanna be..... NOW THATS FUNNY SUNGULENT!! you see.... the guy has a sense of humour after all!!

us benz buddies have to stick together man, i'm just foolin around guys... go with the flow!!!

osama bin laden wanna be... hahahahaa... its either that or TUPAC!!!! hmmmmm... well.. ones dead and the other...well!!!!
Old 05-01-2002, 03:22 PM

CLK55 and Yukon Denali
Ahmed, you said in past posts that you have seen the W209- I realize we are on a w208 forum but just a quick question- have you seen it w/ the sports package? I have heard rumor both ways that the CLK500 wil and won't come with the kit.
Old 05-01-2002, 03:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

no benzo, it didnt have the sport package on it, but the dealers here have reassured me that the AMG front and rear aprons, side skirts, mufflers and end pipes and 18' wheels can be ordered.

They have also informed me that they are ready to accept orders for CLK55 AMG cause its already in production but allocations are tough.... 6 months waiting!
Old 05-01-2002, 03:51 PM

CLK55 and Yukon Denali
Interesting. I am so curious to see it in person. I really hope that the first one I see is the sports package in person as I feel w/out it looks too plain-jane. The photos from Geneva have really grown on me (the clk55). I have kept the front end shot on my desk-top. Mine is supposed to be here in July (clk500 not 55- it won't be available here until 2003 as a 2004 I think)- I sure hope I don't have to wait until then to see it in person... I am off- thank for the input.
Old 05-01-2002, 04:27 PM

CLK 430
hahahaha ahmed and sungulent.....you guys definitely brightened up my day....just got back from lunch ready to finish off another boring day at work and there it is .....my joke for the day....

the thing i don't understand is why the strong replies about sungulent wanting to know how to turn back the odometer....if it is such a big issue....and you are paranoid that the next used car you'll buy has an odometer reading that could have been tampered with then don't buy used cars....then you wouldn't run into problems like this....and if you are those people who want to drive a benz but don't have the cheese to buy a new one so you are willing to settle for an old one....deal with it....the odometer being tampered with should be the least of your problems....
Old 05-01-2002, 04:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 mercedes clk coupe
Originally posted by Angel_Dust
hahahaha ahmed and sungulent.....you guys definitely brightened up my day....just got back from lunch ready to finish off another boring day at work and there it is .....my joke for the day....

the thing i don't understand is why the strong replies about sungulent wanting to know how to turn back the odometer....if it is such a big issue....and you are paranoid that the next used car you'll buy has an odometer reading that could have been tampered with then don't buy used cars....then you wouldn't run into problems like this....and if you are those people who want to drive a benz but don't have the cheese to buy a new one so you are willing to settle for an old one....deal with it....the odometer being tampered with should be the least of your problems....
WELL SAID

THANKS
Old 05-01-2002, 06:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

wow!

exactly my thoughts!

well said my friend!!
Old 05-01-2002, 06:35 PM

CLK 430
ahmed you should know this one....

As I bail through tha empty halls
breath stinkin'
in my draws
ring, ring, ring
quiet y'all
incoming call
plus this my homie from high school
he's getting by
It's time to worry
another brotha
nobody cry
life as a baller
alchol and booty calls
we usta do them as adolecents
do you recall ?
raised as G's
loc'ed out and blazed the weed
get on tha roof
let's get smoked out
and blaze with me
2' in tha morning
and we still high assed out
screamin' 'thug till I die'
before I passed out
but now that your gone
i'm in tha zone
thinkin'
'I don't wanna die all alone'
but now ya gone
and all I got left are stinkin' memories
I love them *****s to death
i'm drinkin' Hennessy
while tryin' ta make it last
I drink a 5th for that ***
when you pass...
cause life goes on
Old 05-01-2002, 06:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 mercedes clk coupe
ahmed you should know this one....

As I bail through tha empty halls
breath stinkin'
in my draws
ring, ring, ring
quiet y'all
incoming call
plus this my homie from high school
he's getting by
It's time to worry
another brotha
nobody cry
life as a baller
alchol and booty calls
we usta do them as adolecents
do you recall ?
raised as G's
loc'ed out and blazed the weed
get on tha roof
let's get smoked out
and blaze with me
2' in tha morning
and we still high assed out
screamin' 'thug till I die'
before I passed out
but now that your gone
i'm in tha zone
thinkin'
'I don't wanna die all alone'
but now ya gone
and all I got left are stinkin' memories
I love them *****s to death
i'm drinkin' Hennessy
while tryin' ta make it last
I drink a 5th for that ***
when you pass...
cause life goes on

I HOPE U COPY NAD PASTED THAT ONE

RIP PAC ONE OF MY FAVORITES
Old 05-01-2002, 06:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Isn't it,

"Picture me rollin in my 500 benz"

Ahmed I guess you have to get that CLK500 now.
Old 05-01-2002, 06:47 PM

CLK 430
definitely copy and pasted that one....ain't gots the patience to write that all out....yep....that be one of my favorite songs from ol tupac shakur.....

these days though i've been listening to that ohhwee song from master p.....
Old 05-01-2002, 07:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 mercedes clk coupe
definitely copy and pasted that one....ain't gots the patience to write that all out....yep....that be one of my favorite songs from ol tupac shakur.....

these days though i've been listening to that ohhwee song from master p.....
E MAIL ME ME AN ADDRESS ILL SEND SOME OF OUR CDS

IF U LIKE RAP
Old 05-02-2002, 12:40 PM

CLK55 and Yukon Denali

I think we are passed this. And if you think it is an issue of afford and not afford, my friend you are mistaken. It is common decency. I have purchased all of my mercedes new- however, a close friend of mine who makes twice what I make will not buy any new cars. He buys them w/ very low miles b/c he doesn't want to take the up-front depreciation. Not to sound defensive, but there are many reasons why very wealthy people purchase used vehicles- heard of classics?????? I would love to buy my dream car- a Gullwing- to find that some a-------e turned back the odometer. I guess I cannot buy that new... Lets get passed this shall we- I think we all know we misunderstood- and if you read the postings you would have seen that.
Old 05-02-2002, 02:47 PM

CLK 430
i would have to disagree with you benzo.....

if you buy classics...they are for your collection....and the maintenence issue should not be a problem....cuz if you're willing to pay that much for such an old car i don't think the cost of maintenence is all that important to you....second....rich people do not buy used cars as daily drivers....they buy new ones....if you're friend can't handle the depreciation up front....he ain't rich....

if you ever bought that gullwing classic i'm sure you won't be driving that baby to work everday....so who gives a damn if the previous owner turned by the odometer....
Old 05-02-2002, 03:16 PM

CLK55 and Yukon Denali
i would have to disagree with you benzo.....

if you buy classics...they are for your collection....and the maintenence issue should not be a problem....cuz if you're willing to pay that much for such an old car i don't think the cost of maintenence is all that important to you....second....rich people do not buy used cars as daily drivers....they buy new ones....if you're friend can't handle the depreciation up front....he ain't rich....

if you ever bought that gullwing classic i'm sure you won't be driving that baby to work everday....so who gives a damn if the previous owner turned by the odometer....
I really don't want to get into a p-----g match, trust me. I manage assets for high net worth individuals as well as companies. Part of my work includes complex estate and tax planning work- anything from CRT to UCT to generational skipping trusts. My point is I know many people whose income falls in the top 1% of the country. I believe this classifies them as wealthy. Have you read the book "Millionaire Next Door"? Something like 80% of millionaires drive pick-up trucks and are completely self made.

They don't always have the largest house on the block b/c just as the money is new to them they are new to the money- I do see many people with means (not the majority mind you) who purchase cars preowned- drive them for three years and get another. They have a warranty and are getting a "deal".

Perhaps we have a difference in opinion about putting back the odometers and that is ok. The issue to me is fraud and quite frankly, paying for a car and not receiving what you paid for. (mileage does depreciate a car does it not?) In my case, a Gullwing is a dream- I would have to have a ridiculous amount of money to see spending $230-250k on a vehicle. That happens to be my favorite car of all time. And no, I wouldn't drive it to work- I would drive it rarely. But when I did get behind the wheel I would hate to think that some guy rolled back the odometer so he could charge another $50k. Make sense? If not no biggie. I am here to chat and learn and certainly not to argue.
Old 05-02-2002, 05:04 PM

CLK 430
dope reply benzo....

i'm sure that some of your clients don't get new cars and perhaps they are in the top 1% income bracket...

in my honest opinion....if they aren't buying new cars they either must have all their cash tied up somewhere or they just don't know how to live....what the hell is the point in having all that money and not using it.....what are they working for....maybe you should ask them that next time you see them....i would like to know.....the only thing i can think of is that they have other pursuits that they think deserve their money.....perhaps they like yachts and that's where they would rather spend their money....if that is true then i respectfully say that i am wrong....but if all they're doing is just saving....then they should start living a little....cuz you only live once but if you live it right once should be enough.....
Old 05-02-2002, 05:15 PM

CLK55 and Yukon Denali
dope reply benzo....

i'm sure that some of your clients don't get new cars and perhaps they are in the top 1% income bracket...

in my honest opinion....if they aren't buying new cars they either must have all their cash tied up somewhere or they just don't know how to live....what the hell is the point in having all that money and not using it.....what are they working for....maybe you should ask them that next time you see them....i would like to know.....the only thing i can think of is that they have other pursuits that they think deserve their money.....perhaps they like yachts and that's where they would rather spend their money....if that is true then i respectfully say that i am wrong....but if all they're doing is just saving....then they should start living a little....cuz you only live once but if you live it right once should be enough.....
I couldn't agree with you more as far as living a little. The fact is, the people I am talking about feel as though they are living "BIG TIME". In fact, I have a client who owns a very large micro-stamping company in the mid-west- he lives here part of the year- he just bought a used c class for his wife and finally replaced her Ford Taurus. In alot of cases, wealthy iondividuals may choose to place there money into trusts etc. siomply b/c if they don't there estates can be taxed as high as 60-65% when theyt die.

Most would rather there families continue their lineage and improve lifestyle as generations pass. The guy I mentioned with a C-Class just bought an 8,700 sq. ft house on the St Pete Beach- you are talking at least 3-4 million and this is not there permanet residence. On the same token these mega yachts can cost millions to run a year- I do have a couple clients with yachts in the 50's but nothing like the Fed ships. If I had that kind of money I admit that everything I would buy (except classics) would be new. (cars that is) But I also spend too much money on cars as it is- it is a weakness and I am ok with that. I truly am a carfanatic- but others out there really aren;t and see getting a 20-25% discout well worth the cost of a few miles. Go figure. If I had that kind of kiesh I would still be writing this post but I would be writing off the back of my Bertram with a Daquiri parked right next to the lap top. (And by the way, I would've driven there in my Gullwing!) That sounds horrible doesn't it????

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: lowering miles on mbz