CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Can Bus Replacement.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2020, 06:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w208 clk430
Exclamation Can Bus Replacement.

Hi everyone!
Long story short:
Got clk430 convertable. Got it with new relations Car has a lot problems. Main is seats and windows. They works only after reconect battery. Read a lot posts here. Find can bus boot ander front passenger carpet. It was looks loke this:

After open its look bad...

And how you can see, one wire rust off...

So i found on junkyard few of those a0025467940.

I cut off us wires with connection for replace rust connectors.
Used regular but connector same as on pic

Well, after job been done windows still not work .
Question is. This need to be programmed or i used bad connetors? or something else i missing o mess???

Thanks and any help will help!
Old 04-22-2020, 03:36 PM

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
1998 CLK 320
The can/bus system is a *****. Everything depends on everything. You may need to replace your SAM. You may need everything reprogrammed. There's no way to tell for sure.
Old 04-23-2020, 12:28 PM

w208 clk430
Thanks for answer! I agree with you. Everything depends on everything. SAM works fine before job had start. Before start of disconect everything i disconected battery. So is no power. This unit has no chip or anything to store programm. I belive i didnt connect one connector properly somewhere and is no power at all on windows. Its rain today and tommorow. I will check all connectors next few days.
Old 04-23-2020, 01:31 PM

1998 CLK 320
Also: Try not to use butt connectors if you can help it. It's best to strip the wire ends, twist them together, use a bit of solder on the connection and finish with heat shrink tubing. If you don't have solder and heat shrink tubing, just skip the solder and use electrical tape. That way you can be sure the wires are actually connected. It will be less messy, less bulky and it looks a lot cleaner too.

G/L!
Old 04-26-2020, 12:21 PM

w208 clk430
Arrow

Originally Posted by convicted
Also: Try not to use butt connectors if you can help it. It's best to strip the wire ends, twist them together, use a bit of solder on the connection and finish with heat shrink tubing. If you don't have solder and heat shrink tubing, just skip the solder and use electrical tape. That way you can be sure the wires are actually connected. It will be less messy, less bulky and it looks a lot cleaner too.

G/L!
Hi! Got your advice! Stop at local radioshack and grab good self soldering connectors. Much better. Less bulky and better connection! But!

Still same problemm! Windows doesnt work. Wonna check those connectors again. They been flooded and has white oxidized plaque. Used crc connector cleaner and maybe didnt plug it back together good enough.

Old 04-26-2020, 12:48 PM

1998 CLK 320
Okay,

Let's just start with the facts:

1. That looks like a ****ing mess! My heart breaks for you.

Now: Start the car, turn the parking lights on, THEN try the windows. LMK if they work.

G/L
Old 04-19-2023, 07:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 CLK350 Cabriolet
I know this is an old thread, but I'm hoping the original poster or anyone else can help me with very similar problem. I have 07 CLK350 convertible and I'm replacing the same canbus shoe connector. Mine was very corroded. The replacement part I bought was missing some connectors, so I bought few more.. my question is, how do they snap into the connector? I had it alighted properly, it starts to go in, but gets stuck on something and I don't want to force it. Is there a button or tab I need to press? See pics below

Oiginal corroded shoe connector

​​​New connector, but how do these little connectors push in? They go halfway and I don't want to force it

​​​​​​

Last edited by JakeyPoo; 04-19-2023 at 07:41 PM.
Old 04-19-2023, 08:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 CLK350 Cabriolet
Found the answer: there is a protective covering that locks the pins into place which needs to come off first. There are two tabs on the end.