CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Convertible Top Will Not Go Down CLK 320 W208

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2021 | 03:33 AM

Mercedes clk 320 sport (W208), CLK 320 Convertible (W208) 2001 model
Convertible Top Will Not Go Down CLK 320 W208

HI Every One,
First time on the MB world forum, Please forgive me if I have posted question in the wrong section, If so please advise me

I Need some advice on my CLK W208 320 convertible, 2001 model Please

When I turn & open the roof handle, all 4 windows come down, but nothing else happens, the convertible roof switch is not flashing & the red light remains on, The boot is close & luggage compartment cover is in place, I have also changed the relay on top of the pump, but nothing happens, hydraulic fluid is just below the max mark & the rear safety bar, does not go up or down, I have also checked all the fuses (non are blown).

Please Help.

Many Thanks
Old 06-02-2021 | 06:16 PM

CLK 230 Convertible 1999
Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

The 208 hydraulic roof system is complex and so difficult to diagnose and fix. I spent 18 months tinkering with my system before I found and replaced the sensor that was causing the malfunction. It has worked brilliantly ever since, I'm pleased to say.

My first tip would be to spend a couple of evenings studying the threads on this subject on here. Especially this one: https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class...-failures.html

Here is how I solved my roof thanks to very helpful advice from Serndipity - https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class...p-problem.html

There are some very helpful videos on YouTube especially from TopHydraulics and AutoRepairGuys.

BTW, sometimes opening and shutting the roof manually can jumpstart the system.

Good luck!!

The