CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Fender Rolling amount.... is NUTS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2004, 12:51 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Fender Rolling amount.... is NUTS

Is it just me guys.... or is this company trying to jack me just because of what we drive. I told him I needed to get the fenders rolled for the clk and he said... oohhh that's a hard car to do and it'll take some time to get it done. just to roll the fenders it could cost you about 400 dollars.... if the paint cracks and we have to repaint it ... it's going to run about 1000. Now.... is it just me or is this fool trying to take me for a ride. This body shop is in Burbank by the way. If any of you guys could send me to a place you've taken your car.... please let me know... and how much did they charge you. I don't want to repaint the outside... I'll post pics of my car w/ the wheels on and suspension in the next few days... it's been raining here... so it kinda sucks right now to take pics.

Thanks guys... I'm in Pasadena by the way so... any shop you recommend just send it my way. Thanks
Old 01-01-2005, 02:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
W213 '17 E43 ///AMG - W211, W208 no more
rollin the fenders is a tricky job... if the surface isn't heated just right, the paint can crack, or bubble...
Old 01-01-2005, 08:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by toymr2trd
Is it just me guys.... or is this company trying to jack me just because of what we drive. I told him I needed to get the fenders rolled for the clk and he said... oohhh that's a hard car to do and it'll take some time to get it done. just to roll the fenders it could cost you about 400 dollars.... if the paint cracks and we have to repaint it ... it's going to run about 1000. Now.... is it just me or is this fool trying to take me for a ride. This body shop is in Burbank by the way. If any of you guys could send me to a place you've taken your car.... please let me know... and how much did they charge you. I don't want to repaint the outside... I'll post pics of my car w/ the wheels on and suspension in the next few days... it's been raining here... so it kinda sucks right now to take pics.

Thanks guys... I'm in Pasadena by the way so... any shop you recommend just send it my way. Thanks
LOS, why you rolling your fenders? Those Senekas were on my ride with 1.5 drop and i did not require any fender rolling. I now have the BR5's with 2" drop and still no rubbing. Check out pix. Did you lower your ride?

http://www.sfdreamscape.com/club/rob/clkrob4.jpg

Rob
Old 01-01-2005, 09:34 PM

Hey Rob.... whats up brotha.... how's things goin man..... I don't know man... but it rubs on the fenders.... and the funny thing is that my car is just as low as yours. What the heck is going on then... on some hard bumps it rubs...but if I have a passanger then it rubs a lot more. I installed that Kleeman suspension remember that I told you I bought it from that dude from NY I forgot his username...... anyways... car is looking damn good now w/ the wheels. STILL waiting to buy an AMG bodykit for my ride man...

I'll be posting some pics of the car when I get some good light over here.

Nice looking ride man.... Peace out

What you think it could be then... since you had your car w/ the same wheels and didn't have this problem?
Old 01-03-2005, 08:17 AM

At the time when I had your wheels, I didn't change the pads yet. So it was about 1.5" drop. I didn't have any rubbing with myself in the car. I have very minor rubbing in the front left when i turned my steering wheel all the way, but that was rubbing from the tire and the inside fender well. Not much you can do about that, but if its rubbing the FENDER... you'll need to roll them. Each car is a little different. Rims that do not rub on ones car, can rub on anothers.

Rob

Hey Rob.... whats up brotha.... how's things goin man..... I don't know man... but it rubs on the fenders.... and the funny thing is that my car is just as low as yours. What the heck is going on then... on some hard bumps it rubs...but if I have a passanger then it rubs a lot more. I installed that Kleeman suspension remember that I told you I bought it from that dude from NY I forgot his username...... anyways... car is looking damn good now w/ the wheels. STILL waiting to buy an AMG bodykit for my ride man...

I'll be posting some pics of the car when I get some good light over here.

Nice looking ride man.... Peace out

What you think it could be then... since you had your car w/ the same wheels and didn't have this problem?
Old 01-25-2005, 02:37 AM

Hey you guys.... Rob: Do you think that since I haven't had the alignment that could be the reason for it hitting the fenders? It's really doing it on the front left wheel more then any. I'm sure my camber is off... because my stock tires were wearing out on the inside way faster then the outer side. HELP... you guys.

Thanks
Old 01-25-2005, 05:04 AM

Hey you guys.... Rob: Do you think that since I haven't had the alignment that could be the reason for it hitting the fenders? It's really doing it on the front left wheel more then any. I'm sure my camber is off... because my stock tires were wearing out on the inside way faster then the outer side. HELP... you guys.

Thanks
Did you change your pads? if your on stock pads (3/4) and with a Kleeman suspension, your car isn't THAT Low. If the wheels are rubbing the fenders, just get them rolled. Its real cheap at a professional wheel shop or autobody shop. If they done it before and have the right machine, its not a problem at all.

Rob
Old 01-25-2005, 11:17 AM

I shoped around and some of the places around here want to charge me 400 bucks. I said... what the heck.... that much just to roll a damn fender. 100 bucks per fender. So you don't think that it's because I need to adjust the camber on it huh. I did change the pads.... the fronts I went with a 9mm pad. What I want to know is how come it rubs on mine but it didn't on yours. What about when your going in reverse and you turn the wheels... would it rub? Thanks man...

C-Los
Old 01-25-2005, 12:28 PM

We offer the tool for rent if you're interested in tackling it yourself. Includes a heatgun for keeping the paint warm.

Email if you're interested in the details.
Rental is $50 for 1 week.
Old 01-25-2005, 02:12 PM

That sounds very tempting.... how difficult is this to do guys..??? Is there room for error really easy or any monkey w/ instructions could do this.... ? If you could shed some light on that for me that would help... experience level to do this could it be Novice? If so... someone please point me to pics that show how it's done... then I could rent it from you...
Old 01-25-2005, 02:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheeled car.
Since you're in SoCal, goto TWS aka The Wheel Supply, located in Walnut off the 60 fwy. www.thewheelsupply.com

They will roll your fender, keep the painted heated and flexible, for about 30 to 50 a fender. you'll probably walk out of there $150 lighter or so, and their work is excellent. Many MBworlders go to that shop and you can trust them.
Old 01-25-2005, 02:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
heres some pics but of an m3

http://www.overboost.com/story.asp?id=131
Old 01-25-2005, 06:26 PM

You guys are awesome.... Thanks so much.... 150 sounds B - E - A utiful.... I'm down w/ that. Thanks so much guys... now I just gotta find time to get over to them. I wonder how long do they take.
Old 01-26-2005, 03:31 AM

hmm...

Los,

Im not exactly sure why they are rubbing on your car and not mine. Like i said... each car is a bit different. Yours is also a convertable, which is heavier i believe. $400 bucks for fender rolling!??!?!

My friends shop does it 15 bucks per a fender.. Geez.

Like I said, i had VERY little rubbing on those Iforged wheels (only at full turns of the wheel) and thats only rubbin on the inner fender lining. My car was only lowered 1.5" then on HR's and no fender rolling. These exact rims were LowRyder's (original owner),and he was slammed a good 3" and he rolled his fenders and no rubbing at all. WIERD. Now I have the BR5's (same size) and slammed 2", with #1 pads, and no fender rolling ... and i have NO rubbing at all ... even at full turn and 4 people in the car. I took a look at the car with full load and the wheels are tucked good and its missing the fenders by mere millimeters. Dunno.

Rob
Old 09-10-2008, 03:09 AM

2005 E
are you still renting out the fender rolling kit?
please let me know
thanks
Old 09-10-2008, 03:51 PM

CLK 430
thread is from 2005 =0)
Old 09-10-2008, 05:55 PM

CLK320, Honda Ruckus, pinto & BMX
WHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!!! newbies going through the archives
Old 09-10-2008, 10:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Current: AMG GT-C. Sold: 01 CLK55, 00 ML55, 01 ML55, 06 E55
yup...BUT if anyone's interested, sounds like going shop rate is about 75 bones a fender...if u tell em u got a benz, the price goes up from there!
Old 09-11-2008, 12:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts
2002 CLK430
Tirerack will rent the tool.