CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Anyone changed their Brabus front bumper bulbs?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 07:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 CLK320, Sliver, Ash Leather, Command System, Xeon lights, K3, K4
Anyone changed their Brabus front bumper bulbs?

Hey guys with Brabus front bumper,

One of my bulbs just burned out...anyone atempted to buy different set of bulbs then from brabus....i don't like how i have xenon lights and my fogs are regular.

thanks
Old 03-03-2005, 08:14 PM

Hey, I am in the process of converting my fogs to HIDs. The regular ones are useless. Why do I hear often about the Brabus lights burning out? Want to do a group buy for HIDs? Let me know.
Old 03-03-2005, 08:20 PM

2003 CLK320, Sliver, Ash Leather, Command System, Xeon lights, K3, K4
sure....i just want new bulbs....i'm taking this opportunity since one of my lights burned, i'm going to replace all four. But lets do this quick...i hate driving around with 1 bulb burned out.
Old 03-03-2005, 08:37 PM
Almost a Member!

Hello, I just changed mine last week. Brabus uses H3 bulbs for the fogs, only thing is the h3 they use has a special plug which you will need to use when changing the bulbs, on the brabus ones the ground wire (black) is grounded with one of the screws that's holding the bulb and the white wire that's connected to the bulb itself is the one you need to cut so you can use the original plug. Once you have the plug simply use a connector and connect the wire to the new bulb. Since we have 4 fogs I changed the outter ones to ion crystals and the inner ones to hyper white came out quite nice.
Old 03-03-2005, 08:45 PM

Well, in that case, I doubt you will want to do it. The HID is more than just a bulb. Up to you though.
Old 03-03-2005, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mtechnik
Hello, I just changed mine last week. Brabus uses H3 bulbs for the fogs, only thing is the h3 they use has a special plug which you will need to use when changing the bulbs, on the brabus ones the ground wire (black) is grounded with one of the screws that's holding the bulb and the white wire that's connected to the bulb itself is the one you need to cut so you can use the original plug. Once you have the plug simply use a connector and connect the wire to the new bulb. Since we have 4 fogs I changed the outter ones to ion crystals and the inner ones to hyper white came out quite nice.
Any pics?
Old 03-05-2005, 03:44 AM
Almost a Member!

didnt get a chance to take some new ones after changing the outter ones to ion crystal these were taken when both are using hyper white. I'll take some new pics with the ions when i get a chance.

Old 03-05-2005, 04:37 AM

didnt get a chance to take some new ones after changing the outter ones to ion crystal these were taken when both are using hyper white. I'll take some new pics with the ions when i get a chance.

Hey dude, can you tell me what specific bulb did you use for your fogs and your city light? How much do they cost? They look really nice! Help me out will ya?
Old 03-05-2005, 03:31 PM
Almost a Member!

sure thing. The fogs you can use pretty much any hyper white h3 bulbs they sell on the market. The ones i used was from this guy http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&rd=1&tc=photo
Its pretty cheap, $12.99. Then after a while i changed the inner ones to piaa h3 ion crystals which cost a bit more. The city light is using led wedge bulbs instead of normal light bulbs.
Old 03-05-2005, 04:26 PM

sure thing. The fogs you can use pretty much any hyper white h3 bulbs they sell on the market. The ones i used was from this guy http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&rd=1&tc=photo
Its pretty cheap, $12.99. Then after a while i changed the inner ones to piaa h3 ion crystals which cost a bit more. The city light is using led wedge bulbs instead of normal light bulbs.
Any specific reason so as to why you decide to change to the Piaa h3 ion crystals? So you can just replace the bulb for the fogs with these aftermarket bulbs right? I am quite hesitant as my friend told me that it is very hard to replace the bulb in the fogs. Can you tell me which specific led do you use for the city light? I bought my led and it is supposed to be white but it still turns out yellowish Thanks a bunch!
Old 03-05-2005, 05:10 PM
Almost a Member!

No specific reason for changing the inner ones to ions, I just think its too much white and wanted some yellows. As for replacing the bulbs, I'd be lying if I told you it was easy. If you have access to a lift where you can lift up the whole car and be able to move around under the car then changing the bulbs for you will be very easy. In my first post on this topic I have mentioned few details on how to change them if you need more details i can show you step by step if you decide to change them. The led conversion I got the leds from this site http://www.superbrightleds.com/1157.htm its the WLED-x6 LED Wedge Base Bulbs those are the closest color to match hids. You will also need the load equalizer for each led you install. They also sell those on that site.