CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Purchasing CLK 500...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 11:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Purchasing CLK 500...

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of (almost 100%, cant find another car like it) purchasing a CLK 500 sometime in the near future. And I just have a few questions. How long is the usual time from purchase to delivery? What options do u guys recommend and find most useful? How much did u pay for your car? What color do you recomend?(im thinking black) What complaints do you have about the car? How is the service at your dealer? And would you guys ever trade it in for another car and which one?

thanks guys..........
Old 07-22-2005, 11:53 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 205 Likes on 147 Posts
You might find one in stock if notthe dealer may be able to locate one. If you order the car figure 90-120 days. Black is sweet just a ***** to keep clean, I'd also avoid ash or stone interior, also very hard to keep clean but the black/stone or ash looks great. Keyless go is a great option. My complaints have been limited poor MB quality but overall I like my car especially with the nice V8 in such a light car...it moves!
Old 07-23-2005, 11:17 AM

I purchased a black/stone '05 CLK 500 with keyless go, dvd nav, lighting package, ect. back in December. I was specifically wanting black with stone but found it slightly difficult to find this combination in the southeast. I found it odd since it seems like it would be the most popular choice, but the majority of black CLK's produced come with the ash interior. Stone is hard to keep clean and gets dirty extremely easily, but it looks MUCH better in my opinion than the ash. If you don't have kids, get the stone with black.
This car has incredible performance and I can't say anything but positives about the engine and ultra-smoothness of it's handling and ride, but I've had lots of problems with the steering wheel electronics - three times in the shop for the same problem. It loses all control functions in the steering wheel (see my other post for more details) and a fix still remains elusive to the dealer. I talked to the dealer about an hour ago after the latest episode (this morning, hence my post) and he and the general manager are going to discuss the problem - I've lost all hope that they local dealer can do anything to fix it so we'll see what happens. This particular issue doesn't seem to be a pervasive problem with CLK's from the lack of posts about it, but just wanted to give you an fyi. If I could just get the steering wheel electronics straightened out, this would be a great car . . . . . story developing . .
Old 07-23-2005, 02:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
I absolutely love this car and I know you will too. I purchased mine in 2003 in brilliant siver with the charcoal interior. Basically silver with black interior. I got the Navi w/ 6 disc changer, xenon package, moonroof package, and heated seats (i live in chicago). I didn't really want the keyless go because I'm a little paranoid and everytime you're near the car it's unlocked so anyone can just get in. I'm really happy with the options I got, the others didn't seem to be of any use to me.
Old 07-23-2005, 02:32 PM

01 CLK 230 (W208), 06 CLK 500 (W209)
Hi,
This my first post thank's for all your comment.
I have buy one CLK500 I will touch next week after 3 months waiting.

Tanzanite blue
Light grey interior
Distronic
Parktronic
Xenon
Heated leather Seat
Comand + UHI
Keyless

I very enjoy
Old 07-24-2005, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by piwi
Hi,
This my first post thank's for all your comment.
I have buy one CLK500 I will touch next week after 3 months waiting.

Tanzanite blue
Light grey interior
Distronic
Parktronic
Xenon
Heated leather Seat
Comand + UHI
Keyless

I very enjoy
great borat congrats! chenqui
Old 07-26-2005, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Chi500
I absolutely love this car and I know you will too. I purchased mine in 2003 in brilliant siver with the charcoal interior. Basically silver with black interior. I got the Navi w/ 6 disc changer, xenon package, moonroof package, and heated seats (i live in chicago). I didn't really want the keyless go because I'm a little paranoid and everytime you're near the car it's unlocked so anyone can just get in. I'm really happy with the options I got, the others didn't seem to be of any use to me.
Hey Chi500, thanks for posting. Where in chicago do u live, i live in Morton Grove, just minutes outside chicago....
Old 07-26-2005, 06:51 PM

run from the clk, and buy a 6 series!!!!!
Old 07-26-2005, 10:23 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

The 6 series is nice but...

The 6 has a cheap looking and feeling interior, a sunroof that only tilts open, fixed rear windows (no pillarless design), its back seats are more cramped, it's a heavier car, and if I'm not mistaken according to Road and Track, its slower 0-60 and the quarter mile in both times and trap speeds...

Oh and it costs about $17,000.00 more than a CLK500!
Old 07-27-2005, 01:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
Originally Posted by stangg172005
Hey Chi500, thanks for posting. Where in chicago do u live, i live in Morton Grove, just minutes outside chicago....
I'm in Niles, not too far away from you. Just out of curiosity, what are you driving now? If you're getting a Benz, I recommend going to Loeber Motors in Lincolnwood. The people at Autohaus have this attitude and are pretty snobby, especially the salesman that I got the CLK from, his name was Ken Park, do me a favor and not buy from him please. That guy's a real jerk, thinks because he sells Mercedes he's something great. I had no choice because at the time it was when the car first came out and Autohaus had one so I didn't have to wait 9 months and they didn't do dealer trades for it at that time also.
Go to Loeber and buy a car from Mark Sarros, great guy, really friendly, and know's what customer service is about. Also, a great service guy over there, the one who talks to you when you get your car serviced, is Steve Diaz, he'll take good care of you. Just watch out when you take the car to have it serviced, the porters like to steal. Autohaus on Edens has a bunch of *****s working there so I wouldn't want to buy from them again.
If you order your car I'm pretty sure it won't take as long for delivery, probably a couple of months. But there are cars on the lot so you could take one right away. You probably can get a price below MSRP because the new ones are coming in '07 or '08, so you can always bring that up as a bargaining chip.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:35 PM

I'm in Niles, not too far away from you. Just out of curiosity, what are you driving now? If you're getting a Benz, I recommend going to Loeber Motors in Lincolnwood. The people at Autohaus have this attitude and are pretty snobby, especially the salesman that I got the CLK from, his name was Ken Park, do me a favor and not buy from him please. That guy's a real jerk, thinks because he sells Mercedes he's something great. I had no choice because at the time it was when the car first came out and Autohaus had one so I didn't have to wait 9 months and they didn't do dealer trades for it at that time also.
Go to Loeber and buy a car from Mark Sarros, great guy, really friendly, and know's what customer service is about. Also, a great service guy over there, the one who talks to you when you get your car serviced, is Steve Diaz, he'll take good care of you. Just watch out when you take the car to have it serviced, the porters like to steal. Autohaus on Edens has a bunch of *****s working there so I wouldn't want to buy from them again.
If you order your car I'm pretty sure it won't take as long for delivery, probably a couple of months. But there are cars on the lot so you could take one right away. You probably can get a price below MSRP because the new ones are coming in '07 or '08, so you can always bring that up as a bargaining chip.
Ya i was planning on purchasing it from loeber, the new dealership looks great. But im still deciding. Thanks for th info!!!!
Old 07-28-2005, 02:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
What cars are you considering?
Old 08-12-2005, 04:39 PM

What cars are you considering?
well i was considering this or a Touareg, and i got the Touareg! Still planning on buying the CLK but its gonna have to take a back seat for a while...
Old 08-12-2005, 09:44 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

As you can see from my sig, I've got a T-Reg too! Club Touareg is a great forum.
Old 08-18-2005, 03:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
Probably the smarter choice considering our weather. Congrats
Old 08-20-2005, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by RJC
As you can see from my sig, I've got a T-Reg too! Club Touareg is a great forum.
ya im on there already, same name....