CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Mbusa Is More Confused Than Us!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2002 | 11:21 AM

'03 E500 Sport
Mbusa Is More Confused Than Us!

Ok, I am officially convinced that they do not know what is going on. As of Thursday, August 1st, the "reserve your clk500" on mbusa.com has changed. No more 2 tone leather with aluminum trim. Now, it only gives you the solid color option, and says aluminum trim. BUT, if you look at the picture of the interior, it is obviously walnut trim. Also, the pallate is x-ed out. It gets better...when you go onto options, walnut teim is AUTOMATICALLY selected. Whn you de-select it, it doesnt work. What the hell is going on? This is bullsh*t!
Old 08-01-2002 | 11:22 AM

'03 E500 Sport
options page
Old 08-01-2002 | 11:50 AM

'03 CLK500
Its obvious that they're having problems over at MBUSA.com... I say wait until August 13th - the date that they're revamping their CLK section and updating all of the 208 stuff to 209.
Old 08-01-2002 | 12:26 PM
Almost a Member!

Even worse, I can no longer even access MBUSA. I now get a page titled Technical Recommendations which "recommends" that I upgrade my browser to either Internet Explorer or Netscape 6.2. Unfortunately, there is no link which will let me proceed to the MBUSA home page without first upgrading to one of the "recommended" browsers. Leave it to the Germans to treat a recommendation as an order!

Last edited by LeroyC; 08-01-2002 at 02:35 PM.
Old 08-01-2002 | 01:02 PM
Banned

'06 ML500 w/Apperance pkg & '07 SL550 w/AMG pkg
After checking it out myself, I realized the only way to not automaticly get the Burl Walnut is to select a two-toned interior. If you choose one of the two-tones it will automaticly give you the Aluminum Trim & negate the Burl Walnut. BTW, what does everyone think about the CLK500 coupe in Alabaster White with the Two-tone Charcoal/Blue. I think it would be a pretty cool combination, especially since you get the "blue-tint" with the AMG pkg on the V8!! Let me know what you think.

P.S.

Did anyone else notice that you can no longer get the Magma Red on the CLK coupe????

MarcusBenz
H.O.I. MBZ
Old 08-01-2002 | 01:34 PM

2013 SL 550
Can't anybody else see that they made changes to the site and are obviously having difficulties? It's all screwed up, obviously the webmaster is no good because he didn't test the changes out before uploading to the server! IDIOT!!

"The Don"
Old 08-01-2002 | 01:38 PM

MarcusBenz, I love the idea of the white exterior, thats what I ordered mine in, but as far as the 2tone seats I would choose the charcoal or anthracite with the grey, the blue might clash a little too much, something like that would look better with a capri blue exterior, but its up too you, i'm just letting you know what I think...I didn't get the 2tone seats in mine b/c I didn't know it was offered when I ordered it, so I opted to go with grey interior, I wish they made anthracite but thats only offered in the 2tone seat package, anyways I'm gonna call my dealer up tomorrow and see what the hell is going on....
Old 08-01-2002 | 01:50 PM
Banned

'06 ML500 w/Apperance pkg & '07 SL550 w/AMG pkg
Thanks for the feedback CLKfanatic, I appreciate it very much!! I have always loved White in the CLK body especially with the Charcoal interior. That was the color combination I wanted when I got my car, but there was only one car on the west coast with the options I wanted & the dealer would not give it up . I love my car, but can't wait till the lease is up so I can get the W209. I am thinking of upgrading to the 55, because I have gotten use to the power of my 430 & now it seems slow!!!! I have to say that I am a speed junkie & the timing will work out for the release of the 55 & the termination of my existing lease. I can't wait to see the AMG version & take it for a spin with all those horses under the hood.

Thanx again!

P.S.

Your car will be worth the wait, Have Fun!!!!

MarcusBenz
H.O.I. MBZ

Last edited by MarcusBenz; 08-01-2002 at 01:53 PM.